Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Is this racist?banker claims black people are just not clever watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jebedee)
    You've already been dusted mate. But I'll entertain you this time for fun.

My claim is that all races on average have advantages and disadvantages due to separated evolution. The benchmarks of intelligence discussed have reflected this and in the same order.

Your claim is that despite it being true that separately evolved animals have differences; intelligence is the ONLY exception to the rule.

My claim is in line with the theory of evolution, while yours flies in the face of it. Hence the onus is on you.
    So this is your "evidence" that Blacks are less intelligent? Well, it's not that I expected you to come out with anything supported by a reliable scientific source anyway.

Every race has "advantages and disadvantages"? I can see where this is going: Blacks are "funny" and have physical strength, hence our purpose is to serve and entertain you superior Whites, while you use your superior intellectual abilities to handle the important things :lol:

ReputationRep:
    Every species of animal geographically separated over a significant period of time develops differences due to natural selection and other factors. YOU have to prove why intelligence is the exception to that rule
    Not at all. There is no "rule". Sickle cells are somewhat beneficial against malaria for example. When humanity moved north that was no longer needed so a change happened. One. For a specific thing. What does this have to do with intelligence? Are you somehow suggesting that in order to survive in Europe (with its better climate) humans had to become more "intelligent"? Lol'd.

There are a finite number of differences. In fact, as another poster pointed out, many scientists have tried and failed to classify "race". There are simply not enough genetic differences to do so.

So it is up to you to prove that "intelligence" is one of these differences.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by george-90)
    Yes yes, I know and I agree, and I never said or thought otherwise. Go back and read my posts. How did you manage to conclude that I was saying something contrary to your utterly irrelevant comment? All I did was supply the statistical data. It's like your looking for someone to disagree with.
    Of course I am looking for someone to disagree with.

How long have you been using the internet mate? That's what online discussion forums are about. How do you not know this? :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nidhoggr)
    Of course I am looking for someone to disagree with.

How long have you been using the internet mate? That's what online discussion forums are about. How do you not know this? :lol:
    There are plenty of people with contrary opinions who you could be arguing with. That way to don't have to argue with an imaginary opinion that you have assigned to someone.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WBZ144)
    x
    (Original post by inhuman)
    x
    Lol guys just leave it, education has failed him there's nothing we can do about it.

Ultimately, even if there are variations in intelligence (which there isnt) its never going to be so significant to the point where one group of people are significantly better at something when given the same level of education so this argument is completely pointless, given what he has said is true (which is completely false). Ultimately the smartest blacks, smartest whites and smartest asians are going to be somewhat equal when given this job, with similar levels of education and competence.

So forget him, you have succumbed to the racist idiots that you'll find lurking on the internet with no life.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PrincePaul678686)
    x
    Here's the issue, we have IQ, mean income and criminality rates (lowest first) showing exactly the same order.

Asian>White>Hispanic>Black

It is a massive stretch to the imagination to brush this off as a coincidence.

(Original post by lolatmaths)
    Thats not how burden of proof works. Besides, people have proved it wrong on this thread already, so dont act like no one has.

Seriously? moron.

I reject the benchmarks because there was a good reason to do so, something you initially admitted before bringing up again. People have continuously shown that but you choose to play dumb and maintain your silly fallacy that you're intellectually superior.

As i said, you can keep believing you're right but realise that in reality that's objectively false. Sums up all the racists really.
    The only way this would not put the burden of proof on you is if you reject the theory of evolution outright, which would make you wrong by default. By accepting the theory of evolution you are accepting the burden of proof when you go against it.

Keep repeating the word racist. Every time one of you sheep bleats it, it gets diluted.

funny thing about that idiot is that he picks and chooses what he replies to and acts stupid when really he's coming across as a bigot who cant accept it.

he's so simple minded but that's how racists are and we shouldnt waste time on them.
    Page 10 I responded to you. You did not respond to that post, you can deny it if you want but anyone can see for themselves.

Baaa Baaa

Not at all. There is no "rule". Sickle cells are somewhat beneficial against malaria for example. When humanity moved north that was no longer needed so a change happened. One. For a specific thing. What does this have to do with intelligence? Are you somehow suggesting that in order to survive in Europe (with its better climate) humans had to become more "intelligent"? Lol'd.

There are a finite number of differences. In fact, as another poster pointed out, many scientists have tried and failed to classify "race". There are simply not enough genetic differences to do so.

So it is up to you to prove that "intelligence" is one of these differences.
    The theory of evolution says that species change over time. Did you ever wonder how new species evolve? Natural selection seems to explain how variations can lead to changes in a species.Geographic isolation seems to be one of the main ways this happens. This geographic separation from others of their species seems to be what made different species evolve on the Galapagos Islands. The six-hundred-mile separation of the islands from the mainland may have led to those animals evolving into new species. After many changes evolve in a group of animals, individuals of that group can no longer mate with the rest of the species that remain unchanged. That is the definition of species: individuals that are able to breed among themselves but are not able to breed with other species. http://edhelper.com/ReadingComprehension_54_29.html

The social construct of race is simply a product of sufficient time of isolation to bring about minor differences, but insufficient time isolation to prevent interbreeding.

ReputationRep:
    x
    Everything you have said i disputed in an earlier post. And no, bring some hard evidence to the table or get lost, because theory of evolution doesnt state "whites are superior". You're trying to bring it all in circles moron, baa baa.

Seriously mate, literally EVERYTHING you have said has been disputed against. Its so easy for you to reply because your view is bigoted and simple minded when the issue is more complex than "Theory of evolution".

You havent brought any solid reputable study to here and the burden is on you to do so. Its like saying that i believe god doesnt exist and you saying prove it. If what you're saying is true why cant you give any evidence? Because this is your irrational racism talking.

There are 2 genotypes linked to intelligence. None of which attributes to race. There, done. Ended your silly argument. Now stop with this ******** and get a life.

ReputationRep:

The theory of evolution says that species change over time. Did you ever wonder how new species evolve? Natural selection seems to explain how variations can lead to changes in a species.Geographic isolation seems to be one of the main ways this happens. This geographic separation from others of their species seems to be what made different species evolve on the Galapagos Islands. The six-hundred-mile separation of the islands from the mainland may have led to those animals evolving into new species. After many changes evolve in a group of animals, individuals of that group can no longer mate with the rest of the species that remain unchanged. That is the definition of species: individuals that are able to breed among themselves but are not able to breed with other species. http://edhelper.com/ReadingComprehension_54_29.html

The social construct of race is simply a product of sufficient time of isolation to bring about minor differences, but insufficient time isolation to prevent interbreeding.
    Nothing you have written here has any relation to the discussion at hand.

Try again.

ReputationRep:
    Lol guys just leave it, education has failed him there's nothing we can do about it.

Ultimately, even if there are variations in intelligence (which there isnt) its never going to be so significant to the point where one group of people are significantly better at something when given the same level of education so this argument is completely pointless, given what he has said is true (which is completely false). Ultimately the smartest blacks, smartest whites and smartest asians are going to be somewhat equal when given this job, with similar levels of education and competence.

So forget him, you have succumbed to the racist idiots that you'll find lurking on the internet with no life.
    PRSOM.

ReputationRep:

There are 2 genotypes linked to intelligence. None of which attributes to race. There, done. Ended your silly argument. Now stop with this ******** and get a life.
    That is based on your rejection of IQ as a valid benchmark. A rejection which I do not accept. I recommend you go read race differences in intelligence by Richard Lynn. You'll find some extensive statistics to correct your knowledge. IQ is the best predictor of academia and job performance.

If you are so certain you want to reject it then I challenge you to find a highly developed society boasting a low average IQ of its residents. As this thread heavily discussed employers judging potential applicants, I'd say that would be a pretty damn good thing to look at. PC science is not science.

ReputationRep:
    Nothing you have written here has any relation to the discussion at hand.

Try again.
    If you can't see the relevance then engaging you further is clearly a waste of time.

ReputationRep:
    My spelling and grammar is also heaps better than your's.
    Fixed

ReputationRep:
    I'm one of those people who thinks it's perfectly plausible that the races have different intellect, but i think by some miracle we don't. IQ tests are notoriously unreliable when pretty much any external influence is brought into the mix. I see no difference between the blacks and whites I know when they have similar backgrounds. And everybody just seems so slow to me anyway.

This article is weird though. The guy really seems to be railing against a culture not a skin colour.

ReputationRep:
    If you can't see the relevance then engaging you further is clearly a waste of time.
    You quoted a lot of random thoughts about evolution.

None of that has anything to do with intelligence.

You want it to, you probably even think it does in your biased head, but it doesn't.

ReputationRep:
    What do you count as "White help"?
    I know you're trying to pull the 'it wasn't help, it was slavery' card and yes, white people did commit some atrocities, but this doesn't cover up the fact that they did help, by building infrastructure, providing jobs and education, whether it be due to self interest or not. And then what happened after the empire's left? It turned into chaos again.

ReputationRep:
    I think that banker is a bit of a numbskull... and the person who typed it up with all of the errors...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pelaitsc45)
    I know you're trying to pull the 'it wasn't help, it was slavery' card and yes, white people did commit some atrocities, but this doesn't cover up the fact that they did help, by building infrastructure, providing jobs and education, whether it be due to self interest or not. And then what happened after the empire's left? It turned into chaos again.
    How much were the colonised and enslaved people allowed to benefit from the infrastructure? And what jobs and education were provided for them? Please post evidence.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GwynLordOfCinder)
    Fixed
    The awkward moment when you say you've fixed someone's mistake, but you're wrong as well.

Its "yours", not "your's"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GwynLordOfCinder)
    Fixed
    The "fix" is incorrect.

ReputationRep:
    I can't even believe that you are all sat here 'debating' this. You should all be ashamed of yourselves. If somebody is qualified and well-educated, they get the job. The end. Race does not come into it. How the OP can sit here and ask 'is this racist' - newsflash! Calling people uneducated and unintelligent PURELY on account of their race is racist, by definition. To sit here debating differences in IQ and cranial capacities and differences in intelligence across races etc. is disgusting and reeks of eugenics. I thought better of people on the Student Room.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.