Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Whats the initial assessment? :confused:
    I sent off my application on Friday and still haven't received a conformation for receiving my application is that normal?
    thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by no need name)
    How long does it take for the initial assessment for your application to finish?

Three days ago which was a Thursday, they have rejected a batch of students in the initial assessment.
    The initial assessment should take no longer than 2 weeks. Assuming a batch of applicants have received their initial assessment email on 10/10, hopefully LSE will issue the 8 weeks email by tomorrow. Then, the game of elimination begins.

ReputationRep:
    I got the confirmation email on the 11th but haven't had anything since... Does this mean they haven't properly started looking at my application?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Heheboy)
    Three days ago which was a Thursday, they have rejected a batch of students in the initial assessment.
    The initial assessment should take no longer than 2 weeks. Assuming a batch of applicants have received their initial assessment email on 10/10, hopefully LSE will issue the 8 weeks email by tomorrow. Then, the game of elimination begins.
    If it helps I actually received my 8 weeks email an hour or so ago! (I've applied for International History) so they should be coming out soon. I was an early applicant, though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by meganm0ore)
    I'd love to study International Relations, but think I screwed up some of my AS exams (MATHS!!)
    I screwed up mine but if it is not cashed it they won't know?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by greys-anatomy)
    Whats the initial assessment? :confused:
    I sent off my application on Friday and still haven't received a conformation for receiving my application is that normal?
    thanks
    Me too! I guess its normal then?

ReputationRep:
    Hi I applied for Maths with Economics at LSE at about 9/30.
    I only recieved a confirmation letter 10/10 for the inital assessment and today I got an email that it was passed for further consideration.

I got 4As for AS which is maths further maths chemistry and economics and predicted 4A*s with an A*in a political/economics related epq, and average 99% in my maths/fmaths modules sooo Im really hoping to get in!!

ReputationRep:
    I haven't received an email yet can someone tell me what the initial assessment is?

ReputationRep:
    I submitted my application on October 12th, but I haven't got any email that my application was taken for initial assessment or something, can someone explain what's that mail?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by phyllischan)
    If it helps I actually received my 8 weeks email an hour or so ago! (I've applied for International History) so they should be coming out soon. I was an early applicant, though.
    Sorry, did you mean that you have received the 8 weeks email?

ReputationRep:
    Sorry, did you mean that you have received the 8 weeks email?
    Yes. They said that my application has been released to the admissions selector for History and I'm now being considered in competition with other applicants.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by phyllischan)
    Yes. They said that my application has been released to the admissions selector for History and I'm now being considered in competition with other applicants.
    Haha same as mine! I just received the email 10 minutes ago

ReputationRep:
    Basically, the LSE admissions assessment is a two-stage process. After your application has been received you'll get an email detailing this. In the first stage your application is put through checks, e.g. to see if your predicted grades stand up to the typical offer, what your personal statement is like, etc. Then you'll get a further email if you progress to the second stage, which is when they compare you competitively to other applicants. After around eight weeks or more you either get declined or given an offer.
    I think it's possible that you could get declined after the initial assessment - but only if your profile really doesn't match what they're looking for.

Hope this helped somebody

ReputationRep:
    Haha same as mine! I just received the email 10 minutes ago
    Do you have any idea when will the next pool of students be taken for initial assessment. I had applied on October 12th

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    i got the 8 week email today for International Relations! I feel they will get back to me around Christmas and January.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Akhil1999.gs)
    Do you have any idea when will the next pool of students be taken for initial assessment. I had applied on October 12th

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'm not very sure but the email should be issued today as they carry out the initial assessment fortnightly for every subsequent batch. Since you applied on 12/12, you should be classified as the second batch. Tell me if u receive an email today!

ReputationRep:
    I'm not very sure but the email should be issued today as they carry out the initial assessment fortnightly for every subsequent batch. Since you applied on 12/12, you should be classified as the second batch. Tell me if u receive an email today!
    Hi there, I applied last friday 21/10, any estimate of when I may get an email ? Thx xx😊

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BECK!!)
    Hi there, I applied last friday 21/10, any estimate of when I may get an email ? Thx xx😊
    Forgive me if I have provided all the wrong information. Have you received any acknowledgement email yet? if Im not mistaken, you should fall under the second batch of applicants as well!

ReputationRep:
    Forgive me if I have provided all the wrong information. Have you received any acknowledgement email yet? if Im not mistaken, you should fall under the second batch of applicants as well!
    Thank you x Yes I just received the acknowledge email today☺ Just curious how do you know these things ?

ReputationRep:
    I did gcse in one year and got 3A*2A1B. My Maths/Further Maths AS modules are not too bad. However I'm doing A-level business studies and I have applied for Economics at LSE, which is said not preferable on the web Do you guys know anyone got an economics offer with business? Do I stand a chance if my ps is ok?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: February 16, 2018
Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.