Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Why did God allow 50 innocent people to get murdered? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Plantagenet Crown)
    This isn't a discussion about what the source of the Christian religion is. I know it's the Bible as I was Christian myself. But that does not constitute evidence for God and you are unable to provide evidence showing this save for circular Biblical quotes which are no more convincing that using the Harry Potter books to prove Hogwarts exists. And btw, I was asking Kendrick for evidence that God in general exists, not specifically the Christian God.

And if you use those quotes as evidence then you are showing a glaring contradiction in your own religion because as I have said several times now, both the OT God and Jesus proved their divinity many times in scripture. So clearly they did feel the need to manifest.
    I'm not on about the source of Christianity. I'm talking about a good source on Christianity? And you full well know that. Since you want to use Harry Potter as a stupid analogy: if you're talking to me about mitosis...you're gonna refer to a textbook on biology...aren't you. As the be all end all. Well if I'm talking about Christianity, I'm going to refer to the Bible. So when I posted a quote from the Bible itself about why God doesn't need to appear so long as you have faith...why do you keep refusing to accept it? Not that I care, I'm just about over being in what you said was a circular argument. It's only circular because unfortunately I'm not in a discussion with someone who wants to exchange ideas, who can agree to disagree. For the last time, God is not meant to be proven. He can appear if He wants to and has. If you want a history lesson on some instances when He has, that's not what this discussion is. Especially since I never said He never has proven Himself. I said He's a belief. You seriously have to open a dictionary to the words "belief, knowledge, proof, faith."

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 0to100)
    :cry2: nicest thing I've heard all day lol yea not gonna tell her, she will kill me. I gotta do this on my own :\ I'm not worried to get a job or anything like to have , it's looking for one that gets me. You're honestly lucky to have your dad. Like that extra person. When it's just one person that's all you've got, and if that gets ****ed you're on your ones.
    Awhh x You're honestly gonaa make me emotional :cry2::cute::cube: It's my pleasure, maybe I can help you with that if you like? :cheers: Ikr, that's why I get like really upset when something happens to him. I feel you I feel so useless, honestly, you deserve that help and support.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reachin4TheStars)
    Awhh x You're honestly gonaa make me emotional :cry2::cute::cube: It's my pleasure, maybe I can help you with that if you like? :cheers: Ikr, that's why I get like really upset when something happens to him. I feel you I feel so useless, honestly, you deserve that help and support.
    Don't feel useless lol it's my situation as my professor who failed me insensitively said. Well they didn't fail me just gave me a grade off something stupid that ****ed my sfa up. So now I can't go back, at least not immediately. :\ I would hate to be sat around all fall 2017 with nowt to do honest so I gotta make some moves. What sucks is having no one in my corner. Like the people who wanna help can't, the people who can don't wanna. It's all just building me up to be someone better in the end gotta look at it that way.

ReputationRep:
    Because God is dead.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not on about the source of Christianity. I'm talking about a good source on Christianity? And you full well know that. Since you want to use Harry Potter as a stupid analogy: if you're talking to me about mitosis...you're gonna refer to a textbook on biology...aren't you. As the be all end all. Well if I'm talking about Christianity, I'm going to refer to the Bible. So when I posted a quote from the Bible itself about why God doesn't need to appear so long as you have faith...why do you keep refusing to accept it? Not that I care, I'm just about over being in what you said was a circular argument. It's only circular because unfortunately I'm not in a discussion with someone who wants to exchange ideas, who can agree to disagree. For the last time, God is not meant to be proven. He can appear if He wants to and has. If you want a history lesson on some instances when He has, that's not what this discussion is. Especially since I never said He never has proven Himself. I said He's a belief. You seriously have to open a dictionary to the words "belief, knowledge, proof, faith."
    But I never asked for a quote from the Bible because as I explained, that is not valid proof, it is circular reasoning.

And if we're going to pedantic then no, your quotes don't show that God is not meant to show himself, just that faith would be pointless if he did, not the same thing.

So once again, you have not provided convincing evidence for your position and are tellingly avoiding the point about the Biblical God proving himself plenty of the times in the Bible.

ReputationRep:
    But I never asked for a quote from the Bible because as I explained, that is not valid proof, it is circular reasoning.

And if we're going to pedantic then no, your quotes don't show that God is not meant to show himself, just that faith would be pointless if he did, not the same thing.

So once again, you have not provided convincing evidence for your position and are tellingly avoiding the point about the Biblical God proving himself plenty of the times in the Bible.
    ... "You never asked for it?" Then what evidence are you looking for...? In a discussion about religion who doesn't bring up the religious texts for that religion? :lolwut: Just because you think it's not "valid proof," it doesn't mean it's not. Again brings me to the mitosis/biology book analogy, which was spot on. There's nothing wrong or invalid about what I posted lol you're just being obtuse now, like "nope, not good enough :haughty:." Too bad lol Pointless discussion lmao.

ReputationRep:
    Why was a armed man allowed into into a gay nightclub? Don't blame God for the incompetence of man.

ReputationRep:
    Don't feel useless lol it's my situation as my professor who failed me insensitively said. Well they didn't fail me just gave me a grade off something stupid that ****ed my sfa up. So now I can't go back, at least not immediately. :\ I would hate to be sat around all fall 2017 with nowt to do honest so I gotta make some moves. What sucks is having no one in my corner. Like the people who wanna help can't, the people who can don't wanna. It's all just building me up to be someone better in the end gotta look at it that way.

I understand it's your situation, but it's just I wish I could help. Yh. That's the thing, some people who are in people's life don't appreciate that chance, by helping and supporting them. That's good, find one person's problems, and improve on them, you'll be amazing honestly, an honour to everyone. Wish you the best with all that you attempt, and may you be granted success.

ReputationRep:
    ... "You never asked for it?" Then what evidence are you looking for...? In a discussion about religion who doesn't bring up the religious texts for that religion? :lolwut: Just because you think it's not "valid proof," it doesn't mean it's not. Again brings me to the mitosis/biology book analogy, which was spot on. There's nothing wrong or invalid about what I posted lol you're just being obtuse now, like "nope, not good enough :haughty:." Too bad lol Pointless discussion lmao.
    It was actually you who brought up the Christian God, not me. If I believed religious scriptures were valid proofs then why would I still be an atheist, given that virtually all religious scriptures assert that their version of God exists? But those claims are all circular. Do you have any non partisan evidence that God isn't meant to be proven.
    The evidence you provided does not explicitly say that and for all your outrage about being supposedly insulted, it is you who is resorting to ad hominems, not me.

ReputationRep:
    It was actually you who brought up the Christian God, not me. If I believed religious scriptures were valid proofs then why would I still be an atheist, given that virtually all religious scriptures assert that their version of God exists? But those claims are all circular. Do you have any non partisan evidence that God isn't meant to be proven.
    The evidence you provided does not explicitly say that and for all your outrage about being supposedly insulted, it is you who is resorting to ad hominems, not me.
    Lmao ad hominem? That's an overused one around here isn't it...? Facts aren't insults. If they're insulting, that's on you.

Anyway ok

So based on the bold, which is the only thing to really respond to here (if that), your presence in this discussion is completely as suspected useless then. If you have no interest in discussing religious text in a discussion about religion why don't you simply find something better to do with your time then? :erm: Not that I don't think this is a copout from you, because I'm sure you've quoted the Koran in discussions about Islam otherwise I'm quite unsure how you managed to last this long. Again I ask you instead of being ambiguous why don't you just tell me what sources there are which you find credible, instead of like I said in the beginning patronising people to "prove" things to you, and still refusing to accept it, like a bored prince on a throne with court jesters, whoever you are or who you play yourself to be anyway. There's nothing more concrete about God than a "partisan" reference to Him. If you're expecting me to pull up something from Alistair Crowley you're mad to think I'd try to "prove" God's existence with irrelevant if not irreverent material!? Lol mate come off it already seriously. In black and white God doesn't need to appear. You don't like that quote? Well there are 100s of others but unfortunately they're...in the Bible...which is what we're discussing yet...you don't wanna discuss it :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Lmao ad hominem? That's an overused one around here isn't it...? Facts aren't insults. If they're insulting, that's on you.

Anyway ok vapidness upon vapidness.

So based on the bold, which is the only thing to really respond to here (if that), your presence in this discussion is completely as suspected useless then. If you have no interest in discussing religious text in a discussion about religion why don't you simply find something better to do with your time then? :erm: Not that I don't think this is a copout from you, because I'm sure you've quoted the Koran in discussions about Islam otherwise I'm quite unsure how you managed to last this long. Again I ask you instead of being ambiguous why don't you just tell me what sources there are which you find credible, instead of like I said in the beginning patronising people to "prove" things to you, and still refusing to accept it, like a bored prince on a throne with court jesters, whoever you are or who you play yourself to be anyway. There's nothing more concrete about God than a "partisan" reference to Him. If you're expecting me to pull up something from Alistair Crowley you're mad to think I'd try to "prove" God's existence with irrelevant if not irreverent material!? Lol mate come off it already seriously. In black and white God doesn't need to appear. You don't like that quote? Well there are 100s of others but unfortunately they're...in the Bible...which is what we're discussing yet...you don't wanna discuss it :rolleyes:
    So again more meaningless insults. Yes, I post Quranic verses when I'm asking or criticising something a Muslim has said about scripture. I have never accepted one of their verses as proof for God's existence as I maintain that it is circular reasoning and you will find me saying that regularly to those who try and use that as evidence.

False, that quote does not say God is not meant to show himself. You are still ignoring the fact that the Biblical God DOES show himself. And you have still failed to provide convincing, objective evidence that God is not supposed to manifest.

ReputationRep:
    So again more meaningless insults. Yes, I post Quranic verses when I'm asking or criticising something a Muslim has said about scripture. I have never accepted one of their verses as proof for God's existence as I maintain that it is circular reasoning and you will find me saying that regularly to those who try and use that as evidence.

False, that quote does not say God is not meant to show himself. You are still ignoring the fact that the Biblical God DOES show himself. And you have still failed to provide convincing, objective evidence that God is not supposed to manifest.
    No no quote the insult, don't just accuse. You obsess about evidence, specify for me where the insult is?...lol

Ok let's see...anything useful? Nothing just defensiveness...

Ok...moving on...more desperately trying to prove me wrong and still I've learned nothing after reading another post from you. Lol still have failed to provide? That's ironic coming from you, Mr. Post Connoisseur? :rolleyes: Again I asked you plainly, which sources do you find credible? I asked you a question. Since the Bible strangely isn't good enough (it is and you know it is you just wanna wind me up) yet the Koran is "good" enough to discuss when it comes to Islam. Then tell me some websites, some authors, who you are more willing to believe, it's easy.

ReputationRep:
    No no quote the insult, don't just accuse. You obsess about evidence, specify for me where the insult is?...lol

Ok let's see...anything useful? Nothing just defensiveness...

Ok...moving on...more desperately trying to prove me wrong and still I've learned nothing after reading another post from you. Lol still have failed to provide? That's ironic coming from you, Mr. Post Connoisseur? :rolleyes: Again I asked you plainly, which sources do you find credible? I asked you a question. Since the Bible strangely isn't good enough (it is and you know it is you just wanna wind me up) yet the Koran is "good" enough to discuss when it comes to Islam. Then tell me some websites, some authors, who you are more willing to believe, it's easy. All these words from you and yet again for all your verbosity, another post from you is head-numbingly vapid.
    Your nonsense about finding something else to do with time and the bored prince rubbish.

No, the Bible isn't good enough. It is circular reasoning and the quote you provided doesn't even say what you claimed it said. Again, most of your post is hot air. It's not about other writers, it's about actual, empirical evidence that God is not meant to be proven which ultimately can only come from God's own mouth. And you yourself have conceded that there isn't evidence for God.

ReputationRep:
    x.
    Again

since the Bible isn't good enough

that means you have an issue with my source. Which I know you just have an issue with what I'm saying, so you're telling me to find substantial "proof" without telling me which sources you find more credible?! Mate I'm not answering you till you just tell me again the website or author you are more willing to be believe. I'm not gonna waste my time arguing the Bile with you, because you keep conveniently discrediting it for mysterious reasons (I'm being sarcastic; the reason is obvious). You don't like that the Bible says something? (In a discussion about Christianity, no one forget that :rofl:) then obviously the issue "is" my source. So tell me the source you find more credible!

ReputationRep:
    Blah blah ****ing blah you keep evading the question! See you just wanna argue lol that's why I referred you to finding a hobby. Because clearly you're jus tlooking for something to do.

Again

since the Bible isn't good enough (instead of just repeating and repeating the same tired thing about my insufficient evidence)

that means you have an issue with my source. Which I know you just have an issue with what I'm saying, so you're telling me to find substantial "proof" without telling me which sources you find more credible?! Mate I'm not answering you till you just tell me again the website or author you are more willing to be believe. I'm not gonna waste my time arguing the Bile with you, because you keep conveniently discrediting it for mysterious reasons (I'm being sarcastic; the reason is obvious). You don't like that the Bible says something? (In a discussion about Christianity, no one forget that :rofl:) then obviously the issue "is" my source. So tell me the source you find more credible, wtf!
    I didn't evade your question, I answered it quite clearly. If the Bible is not credible then what makes you think another author is? Unless you can prove they are divinely inspired then your argument has no weight, just as you cannot prove the Bible is the word of God.

ReputationRep:
    I didn't evade your question, I answered it quite clearly. If the Bible is not credible then what makes you think another author is? Unless you can prove they are divinely inspired then your argument has no weight, just as you cannot prove the Bible is the word of God.
    No you didn't answer anything clearly. I don't see a .org, .com, .net, .edu anywhere in your post. I don't see any names listed for the sources you find credible in a discussion (going nowhere) about Christianity more so than the Bible. Every time I or anyone mentions the Bible all of a sudden you act like a possessed child by a church you get all stubborn, you don't wanna accept it. :rolleyes: So why would I answer anything you have to say? You might be booksmart or so you pose to be but the intelligence is hard to see right now. You don't seem to understand simple things. Why would I keep discussing this with you if you just say it's not good enough...whoever you are to say that to someone. I can't even get through anything you say because it's just relentless Atheism. You just want to keep discrediting the Bible. You don't want to properly discuss this at all, and I see that now. I'll keep repeating because you need it repeated apparently, which sources if not the Bible do you want me to refer to, to provide this proof you so desperately need?

ReputationRep:
    No you didn't answer anything clearly. I don't see a .org, .com, .net, .edu anywhere in your post. I don't see any names listed for the sources you find credible in a discussion (going nowhere) about Christianity more so than the Bible. Every time I or anyone mentions the Bible all of a sudden you act like a possessed child by a church you get all stubborn, you don't wanna accept it. :rolleyes: So why would I answer anything you have to say? You might be booksmart or so you pose to be but the intelligence is hard to see right now. You don't seem to understand simple things. Why would I keep discussing this with you if you just say it's not good enough...whoever you are to say that to someone. I can't even get through anything you say because it's just relentless Atheism. You just want to keep discrediting the Bible. You don't want to properly discuss this at all, and I see that now. I'll keep repeating because you need it repeated apparently, which sources if not the Bible do you want me to refer to, to provide this proof you so desperately need?
    More crass insults, presumably because you lack a cogent argument. I did as I clearly said those sites/authors would not have any weight. In fact, the question you are asking me is most absurd because for me to provide an author who I consider credible evidence would be me admitting I believe said person is divinely inspired. And how can I do that when I'm an atheist?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by davidguettafan)
    If he exists, why did he allow the American mass shooting to happen?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    99.9% sure it was a hoax. Every single person was an actor!

what the government is doing is worse than you imagine.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    I did as I clearly said those sites/authors would not have any weight. In fact, the question you are asking me is most absurd because for me to provide an author who I consider credible evidence would be me admitting I believe said person is divinely inspired. And how can I do that when I'm an atheist?

(was gonna post this without quoting you but you've just responded so):

And plantagent or whatever his name is just said "the Bible isn't credible as proof so why is anything else?"

Which proves my point exactly! He doesn't want to discuss this, because nothing about religion is "good enough for him", so he is patronising everyone on here to "prove" something to him whoever he takes himself to be whom we need to prove anything to. And he had the cheek to quote me that it was an insult. No it's clear as day, he's been patronising me to go hunt for a source he more vaguely prefers when all along he's never wanted it, it was rhetorical because "nothing can convince him there is a God" basically. That's fine, but why stick around to wind up believers in this thread when you know good and damn well you don't wanna hear it????

Bye laddy.

And you can't even be ignored even on the iggy list so I'll have to use my godgiven strength to ignore you myself.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amanii_ox)
    99.9% sure it was a hoax. Every single person was an actor!

what the government is doing is worse than you imagine.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    wait what? >_>

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.