Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

HMRC Tax Professional&Operational Delivery Higher Officer&Officer Caseworker Belfast watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theduffman82)
    I haven't had the call. My checks aren't even showing as completed yet so I'm feeling well and truly left behind at the minute.
    Same for me. They have not really started mine as they asked me for ID even though they already had it at Moira house when I handed it in a few weeks ago and they advised it could take 20 working days from when the ID arrives with them.

So I could be mid November before my final checks are complete.

Good luck to the ones that are getting the call. Hopefully I won't be too far behind

ReputationRep:
    Yeah no calls here yet. I imagine it will be a day or two, but it's good to know it's happening.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PapaSmurf46)
    Same for me. They have not really started mine as they asked me for ID even though they already had it at Moira house when I handed it in a few weeks ago and they advised it could take 20 working days from when the ID arrives with them.

So I could be mid November before my final checks are complete.

Good luck to the ones that are getting the call. Hopefully I won't be too far behind
    I left mine in at Custom House itself. Lady from CSR took control of the whole thing told me to go down to Custom House. If I were you I would look into that because it wouldn't surprise me if your details are still at Moira House not having been sent off or nothing. They don't seem to know much about anything there.

ReputationRep:
    A guy in my office on the same campaign just got offered a position in Lisburn. No start date yet though. I guess we won't all be in custom house.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MikalM)
    A guy in my office on the same campaign just got offered a position in Lisburn. No start date yet though. I guess we won't all be in custom house.
    That's interesting! Did he only get a call for notice period yesterday too? Or do you already work for HMRC and transferring?

ReputationRep:
    is he on the 2066 campaign? Do you know if he had a choice to wait or if he was just told he had to go to Lisburn if he wanted the job? Aren't the positions supposed to be in Belfast?

ReputationRep:
    Which campaign are you Mikal?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mirror.It)
    is he on the 2066 campaign?
    I thought that said 'was he on the 2006 campaign'.

Which would be about right given how long this process is taking!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MurphysLaw2471)
    Which campaign are you Mikal?
    Just had my call too, also for Lisburn! I was the 2066/15 campaign too. woman named Jackie called me up and asked if I wanted to take up the post.

She said they would write to me within a few days with confirmed start date, ideally looking to take up post in 6-8 weeks.

ReputationRep:
    Just had my call too, also for Lisburn! I was the 2066/15 campaign too. woman named Jackie called me up and asked if I wanted to take up the post.

She said they would write to me within a few days with confirmed start date, ideally looking to take up post in 6-8 weeks.
    Lol, me too. Offered analyst position......I clean forgot to confirm at what grade so hoping it is the same and I haven't just accepted an AO role. 6-8 week start date as well. Did she confirm your role?

ReputationRep:
    Ah was this all from a no caller ID number? I was stuck on the work phone!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cass1988)
    It was a 0300 number which is since constantly engaged! Fingers crossed for you!

ReputationRep:
    That's interesting! Did he only get a call for notice period yesterday too? Or do you already work for HMRC and transferring?
    They didn't actually ask me about notice at all. I work with the Child Maintenance Service at the minute which is under NI Civil Service, so I'm not sure if it counts as a transfer or not.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah it was from a private number.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MurphysLaw2471)
    Lol, me too. Offered analyst position......I clean forgot to confirm at what grade so hoping it is the same and I haven't just accepted an AO role. 6-8 week start date as well. Did she confirm your role?
    No she didn't actually confirm the role at all... lol. Hopefully that will be on the letter they're sending out.

Having to travel to Lisburn will be a pain initially until I can work out what's most cost effective in driving or commuting.

ReputationRep:
    Hmm interesting indeed. Would actually be better in the short term until the new Regional Centre opens but then again as I said before... the people I was speaking to there didn't seem to have a clue about anything

ReputationRep:
    Awesome. Congrats all so far. Hope they call back again haha. Hate when people like that don't leave a number or voicemail haha. Thanks everyone.

ReputationRep:
    No she didn't actually confirm the role at all... lol. Hopefully that will be on the letter they're sending out.

Having to travel to Lisburn will be a pain initially until I can work out what's most cost effective in driving or commuting.
    Analyst? Is that not like a completely different job and a completely different grade to what this campaign was?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jamz115)
    Analyst? Is that not like a completely different job and a completely different grade to what this campaign was?
    Not necessarily. Operational Delivery would cover this.

ReputationRep:
    Not necessarily. Operational Delivery would cover this.
    Oh I see. What exactly would that involve

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 24, 2017
Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”
Useful resources

Featured recruiter profiles:

HM Treasury logo

Policy adviser grad scheme

"Shape the UK’s future and your skills."

Quick link:

Unanswered public sector threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.