Scroll to see replies

My opinion on boundaries:

Full UMS: 66
A: 51
B: 44
C: 38
D: 32
E: 26

Please don't take this as absolute, it is my prediction, but I am usually accurate when predicting boundaries. Expect something around this.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 341
On the ten marker I did everything right until working out the position vector of B where it did not add it's original post ion to the vector, how many marks would I lose?
Also for the seven marker I also did all the working out right but ended up with 10.6 somehow, perhaps by error on calculator, again how many lost?
If v=kv for question 8 I got k to be 2/3. I can't remember what t came out to be but got 98.something overall. May have made a mistake later on as I was in such a rush.
Thought this exam was more challenging than usual, but just doable. What did everyone get for Q8? (10 marker). I think I got 106m or something? :smile:
Original post by muonfrisbee98
Thought this exam was more challenging than usual, but just doable. What did everyone get for Q8? (10 marker). I think I got 106m or something? :smile:
I got 200m but no one seems to have got this. At time=12 seconds
Original post by Benstorr
I got 200m but no one seems to have got this. At time=12 seconds
Yeah I got t=12 too :smile:
Original post by Chickenslayer69
My opinion on boundaries:

Full UMS: 66
A: 51
B: 44
C: 38
D: 32
E: 26

Please don't take this as absolute, it is my prediction, but I am usually accurate when predicting boundaries. Expect something around this.

I'll agree with that, because they have to base the grade boundaries on the percentage of populations of students that achieved an A, B, C, D, E (A tends to be about 5 -10%), they have to put it quite low for this considering a lot of people would have found the paper difficult because of the 10 marker at the end and perhaps other questions as well,i I don't know how the full UMS is predicted though, whether it's via the same method or calculated differently.
Original post by ubiquitousking
I feel like I missed out a question... The last question was the projectiles question, right?
With the football and the block.
looks like you missed out the 10 mark helicopter question, projectiles was question 7 out of 8
Hmm...

So, I guess I'm screwed :tongue:
well i got question 1 wrong so i'm f*cked
Original post by wholockonmars
If v=kv for question 8 I got k to be 2/3. I can't remember what t came out to be but got 98.something overall. May have made a mistake later on as I was in such a rush.

If you got k=2/3 then you should have got t=12 and so distance would be 106m.
Original post by LaurenLovesMaths
How did everyone find it? :smile:

I found the exam to be quite good. I was wondering what everyone got for the 10 mark question at the end. I got 12 seconds for the time it took and the worked out the distance to be something around 105m. Although I cant quite remember what my final answer was it was definitely over 100m.
Hmm...

So, I guess I'm screwed :tongue:

It's alright. I doubt many people completed or even attempted it.
It was a hard question and the ball Q was fairly challenging so there is a high chance that the mark boundaries are lower.

Still I want to see the examiner's written report because it should be ...entertaining to say the least.
Original post by AaronKhan87
I'll agree with that, because they have to base the grade boundaries on the percentage of populations of students that achieved an A, B, C, D, E (A tends to be about 5 -10%), they have to put it quite low for this considering a lot of people would have found the paper difficult because of the 10 marker at the end and perhaps other questions as well,i I don't know how the full UMS is predicted though, whether it's via the same method or calculated differently.

Yep.

Full UMS is usually low when there are few very high mark and hard questions, that many people do not get right.

Also, I don't think 5-10% achieve an A, pretty sure it's higher than that. You'd be surprised.
Original post by Chickenslayer69
Yep. Now thinking that these boundaries may be slightly too high, actually.

Full UMS is usually low when there are few very high mark and hard questions, that many people do not get right.

Also, I don't think 5-10% achieve an A, pretty sure it's higher than that. You'd be surprised.

Fair enough man, cheers anyways, you're a legend! :smile:
Fair enough man, cheers anyways, you're a legend! :smile:

No problem :smile:

full ums usually determined by i think the highest score achieved or sumn so hopefully low
Original post by Pinocchiolewis
image.jpg

These are the answer that me and my friends got, let me know if you can't read it/if any of them are wrong 😊

i agree with all of them
Original post by GabbytheGreek_48
full ums usually determined by i think the highest score achieved or sumn so hopefully low

Alright thanks man :smile:
Reply 358
Did anyone else get 12.8ms^1 for the 7 marker on question 7?
Reply 359
Also did anyone actually get that question where it asked you to find the angle between the ramp and the horizontal?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending