The Current Year 13 Thread 2016-2017

Announcements Posted on
Four things that unis think matter more than league tables 08-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    So anyone applying for economics at uni?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chief_98)
    Yeahh, where are you thinking of applying?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ElGenioEstúpido)
    Yeahh, where are you thinking of applying?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Woo im thinking of Aston, Essex, Uni of London, Uni of Birmingham and Keele.
    Wwhat about yourself and hows your personal statement coming along?

ReputationRep:
    Woo im thinking of Aston, Essex, Uni of London, Uni of Birmingham and Keele.
    Wwhat about yourself and hows your personal statement coming along?
    Wow sounds great! I'm looking to apply for Oxford Warwick UCL KCL and Bath

I've completed my second draft and am about to ask teachers for feedback. How's yours going?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Wow sounds great! I'm looking to apply for Oxford Warwick UCL KCL and Bath

I've completed my second draft and am about to ask teachers for feedback. How's yours going?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Dude your killing it man that sounds fantastic. A place at one of those unis and you'll be getting loads of job offers! What you looking to do after uni?
    I've completed my 2nd draft too just going to give it to my teachers now.

ReputationRep:
    *caps* Cannot be arsed with homework!!!!!!!!!!!! AS was the hardest academic year so far and they punish us by give more to do?! IT'S ONLY GOING TO GET HARDER, GIVE US A BREAK!

ReputationRep:
    Got my AQA Law01 remark back today and it went up by 16 UMS and puts me on 167 UMS, so i got my A

ReputationRep:
    Dude your killing it man that sounds fantastic. A place at one of those unis and you'll be getting loads of job offers! What you looking to do after uni?
    I've completed my 2nd draft too just going to give it to my teachers now.
    Thanks bro The dream is Oxford. I'm not too sure, I'm either going down the IB route or something like working for the Bank of England. What do you plan on doing yourself?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Thanks bro The dream is Oxford. I'm not too sure, I'm either going down the IB route or something like working for the Bank of England. What do you plan on doing yourself?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Just work hard and im sure you'll get it man! I was looking into IB but I want to explore all my options. Loads of family members have gone into IB but I really want to consider all options because economics can get you into a lot of jobs.

ReputationRep:
    Anyones teachers acc helping them with personal statement stuff? Sent one to bio on 18th August then no reply so typed up a 2nd draft and now sent that to my form tutor and other bio teacher. I'll print off a few when I go back to school to hand out to teachers but aaaaaaah apply opens in 2 days! I got bad AS grades I need this ASDFHDKSDFKSDF

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ImagineCats)
    Anyones teachers acc helping them with personal statement stuff? Sent one to bio on 18th August then no reply so typed up a 2nd draft and now sent that to my form tutor and other bio teacher. I'll print off a few when I go back to school to hand out to teachers but aaaaaaah apply opens in 2 days! I got bad AS grades I need this ASDFHDKSDFKSDF
    I think I'm going to be the opposite

Good AS grades but **** PS

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BR1999)
    Got my AQA Law01 remark back today and it went up by 16 UMS and puts me on 167 UMS, so i got my A
    Wow 16 ums that's crazy

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GabbytheGreek_48)
    Wow 16 ums that's crazy

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I know right , the paper that got marked was on a C though, so i was hoping for something pretty drastic like that

ReputationRep:
    Just work hard and im sure you'll get it man! I was looking into IB but I want to explore all my options. Loads of family members have gone into IB but I really want to consider all options because economics can get you into a lot of jobs.
    Yeah hopefully, I guess it's all about the TSA now! Gonna really need to get my head around it. Yeah Economics can lead to many career options and I'm not too sure if I do want to go into IB tbh.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Me!

Looking at Bath, Durham, Exeter, Surrey and maybe Warwick/Nottingham/Bristol.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah hopefully, I guess it's all about the TSA now! Gonna really need to get my head around it. Yeah Economics can lead to many career options and I'm not too sure if I do want to go into IB tbh.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Good luck with that! Make sure you do your best man

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamestg)
    Me!

Looking at Bath, Durham, Exeter, Surrey and maybe Warwick/Nottingham/Bristol.
    Woo join the club! You doing joint honours or just econmics by itself? Hows your personal statement going?

ReputationRep:
    Woo join the club! You doing joint honours or just econmics by itself? Hows your personal statement going?
    I really don't know whether to go for Economics or Economics and Politics ( you?

It's going badly, I haven't really started it. How's yours going?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamestg)
    I really don't know whether to go for Economics or Economics and Politics ( you?

It's going badly, I haven't really started it. How's yours going?
    I'd say it depends what kind of profession you are looking to go into. If you are unsure you should do economics and politics because you will then learn both subjects.
    Im on my 2nd draft believe me you need to get something down like a plan what to put where then keep making it better. Just look at examples online as well for inspiration hope it helps!

ReputationRep:
    Ugh 3 days. I'm excited to see my friends again and learn new things, but I'm weirded out because LAST YEAR OF SCHOOL!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 8, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Do you think you'll achieve your predicted A Level grades?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Study resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.