Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by slaven)
    The perpetrator is a muslim. Case closed.

The left can try to link this to Breivik as much as it wants but it does not change the fact that the guy is a child of immigrants.
    A bit facile, don't you think?
    Also, what's wrong with being a child of immigrants?

ReputationRep:

The left can try to link this to Breivik as much as it wants but it does not change the fact that the guy is a child of immigrants.
    Could you tell me your source? I have found nothing that says he was a Muslim. In fact, he was inspired by Breivik who is an Islamophobic.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CatusStarbright)
    Could you tell me your source? I have found nothing that says he was a Muslim. In fact, he was inspired by Breivik who is an Islamophobic.
    Nah. He was inspired by many mass shooters, including Breivik.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oShahpo)
    A bit facile, don't you think?
    Also, what's wrong with being a child of immigrants?
    On average the children of immigrants think and act differently than that of native populations.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Opinion)
    On average the children of immigrants think and act differently than that of native populations.
    Care to elaborate?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nexttimeigetvpn)
    direct link to breivik investigated by police, he could've easily been inspired by him to attack
    Yeah... Mohammed, the neo-nazi defender of the Germans... LOL

ReputationRep:
    Care to elaborate?
    It is completely obvious, what exactly do you want me to elaborate on?

People don't magically become the same just because they were born in the same place, people learn form their parents, and their parents have the culture / values of their homeland.

You would have to be borderline crazy to think that if in the future you were to move and live with an African tribe and had a child whilst living among them, that your child would be just the same, thinking and acting as one with their children.

ReputationRep:
    Case closed? I'm glad you're not a judge. Care to provide evidence for the emboldened bit, and the relevance thereof to the mass-shooting?

The right can try to link this to Islam/immigration as much as it wants but it does not change the fact that the guy was bullied as a child, may have developed murderous tendencies from a young age, was obsessed with mass-shootings and was inspired by Breivik.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blah3210)
    your hysterical, alarmist perspective .. Absolutely hysterical!
    Ok sweetie, whatever you reckon :yawn:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Opinion)
    It is completely obvious, what exactly do you want me to elaborate on?

People don't magically become the same just because they were born in the same place, people learn form their parents, and their parents have the culture / values of their homeland.

You would have to be borderline crazy to think that if in the future you were to move and live with an African tribe and had a child whilst living among them, that your child would be just the same, thinking and acting as one with their children.
    That wasn't my experience nor that of most of my friends. In fact, i'd say my way of thinking is certainly more liberal than a lot of my English friends. Then again I don't hold religious convictions so it might be different for others.

ReputationRep:
    They do seek refuge in neighbouring countries. If you look at the statistics, of all the migrants entering Europe, not all that many end up here in Britain.
    I am not just talking about Britain, all of the Western European countries.

ReputationRep:

And so what if he was a Muslim and a child of immigrants? It's become quite clear that this was not a terrorist attack

ReputationRep:
    People have found his steam account:

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197987833533

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TercioOfParma)
    People have found his steam account:

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197987833533
    I've got to admit, some of these comments are pretty funny.

ReputationRep:
    In fact, he was inspired by Breivik who is an Islamophobic.
    Police have announced that an earlier statement by the Bavarian Minister of the Interior claiming Breivik's manifesto had been found in the perpetrator's room is wrong. He didn't have any links to Breivik beyond the fact that Breivik's massacre was one of many he studied.

ReputationRep:
    That wasn't my experience nor that of most of my friends. In fact, i'd say my way of thinking is certainly more liberal than a lot of my English friends. Then again I don't hold religious convictions so it might be different for others.
    Anecdote is anecdotal.

Also, who are you to say if you think the same, i am sure that if i was to ask a series of questions to all natives, work out an average of their answers and then ask you, there would be clear differences. Liberal or illiberal thoughts are irrelevant to my point.

ReputationRep:
    dupe

ReputationRep:
    I had this argument with about two posters above. You're implying that the ban of guns in Germany did not stop the atrocity, as if this means that we should abolish the idea of banning guns or that the US should not consider banning them, while the truth is that this problem may not even have anything to do with internal gun control, rather immigration and foreign policy.

Btw I am not arguing whether or not the terrorist is Muslim, he most likely is anyway, I am arguing about the gun control point.

Anyway Kudos to you for recognising that politicising tragedies is a "heinous" act, I respect that, unlike others you didn't justify it by saying "Obama does it".
    No implication re guns was made, at least not consciously. The issue hadn't crossed my mind tbh.

I was merely stating that politics and murder sprees are usually, if not inextricably linked. Thus, I don't see discussion of possible political motives as dancing on graves..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blah3210)
    Case closed? I'm glad you're not a judge. Care to provide evidence for the emboldened bit, and the relevance thereof to the mass-shooting?

The right can try to link this to Islam/immigration as much as it wants but it does not change the fact that the guy was bullied as a child, may have developed murderous tendencies from a young age, was obsessed with mass-shootings and was inspired by Breivik.
    Yes, he was bullied by Sunnis (the victims were Turks and Kosovo Albanians). It is probably that this bulling than mixed with his Shia hatred. As a result we now have the classical sunni-shia circlejerk transcedented to Europe.

There is no much philosophy. The puzzles fits.

Yesterday, a Syrian rapefugee bombed a train station in Germany, another one stabbed a pregnant woman.Together with this shooting it is three incident in two and a half days. How will you justify this?

Yes, of course. He was heard shouting Allah Akbar. http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/...t-childrenAlso, the last sentence is a strawman by the left-wing press. He was inspired by mass killers not by Breiviks ideology.
    A bit facile, don't you think?Also, what's wrong with being a child of immigrants?
    Because praxis showed that child of immigrants ussually do not get the proper education at home when it comes to culture. Their parents raise them not according to the culture of the host country, but that of their native country. So, as a result the child even if it born here is behaving like they are not, also becoming not integratred,
    (Original post by BasicMistake)
    And if a shooter was ever the child of two white people then they are automatically neo-Nazis/white supremacists.In other words, f*ck off.
    No, because Germans are indigenous to Germany. And it is their framework under which Muslims must proove whether they are integrated or not.Also, tell your mummy I say hello to her, you offended sissy cuck.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, he was bullied by Sunnis (the victims were Turks and Kosovo Albanians).
    So it wasn't about ideology. Thanks for confirming.

As a result we now have the classical sunni-shia circlejerk transcedented to Europe.
    I don't think you understand what circlejerk means.

Yesterday, a Syrian rapefugee bombed a train station in Germany, another one stabbed a pregnant woman.Together with this shooting it is three incident in two and a half days. How will you justify this?
    Some are to be expected. The stabbing of the women was murder, not terrorism. Most refugees are fine, even enthusiastic to be in Germany to learn their language and lifestyle.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.