A Level Results: Post Your Results (AS)

Announcements Posted on
Four things that unis think matter more than league tables 08-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by manningA15)
    Did anyone do the new edexcel history/eng lit courses?
    I did and I'm really disappointed:
    Predicted AAAA
    Got AA, B (English) C (History), though my English paper was really weirdly marked and I was one off a B in History. I don't understand what went wrong, I thought I did OK in every paper and I've got As in English from the beginning of the year, and Bs and As in every History essay I've written... Bye bye Oxford at any rate, and all the preparation for it D:

ReputationRep:
    Results
    • Chemistry: Predicted A / Achieved A
    • Maths: Predicted A / Achieved A
    • Further Maths: Predicted A / Achieved A
    • Economics: Predicted A (but I thought a B) / Achieved A
    • Computer Science: Predicted A / Achieved A
    Comments and reactions
    I'm so happy :D I thought I'd get lower than Bs for econ and compsci as I messed up one compsci paper and econ is hard.

Future ambitions
    Chemistry at oxford (fingers crosses) and then research

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hildi)
    Predicted AAAA
    Got AA, B (English) C (History), though my English paper was really weirdly marked and I was one off a B in History. I don't understand what went wrong, I thought I did OK in every paper and I've got As in English from the beginning of the year, and Bs and As in every History essay I've written... Bye bye Oxford at any rate, and all the preparation for it D:
    Aww you still did really well though! You can always improve for A2 and there's a chance you'll still get predicted the grades you need anyway :console:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ozmo19)
    Results
    Biology: Predicted A / Achieved A
    Chemistry: Predicted A / Achieved A
    Maths: Predicted A / Achieved A
    D&T: Predicted A / Achieved A

Comments and Reactions
    So relieved to get these results. Glad all the hard work paid off in the end!

Future Ambitions
    Study Medicine
    Firstly, congratulationsssss. May I ask, how you revised??? I need as much advise as I can get.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hildi)
    Predicted AAAA
    I'm in the same boat as you for History ;-; I don't even understand what happened, I thought I would at least get a B but I got a C instead. Do you think there is any point in getting it remarked? Is History a subjective subject?

ReputationRep:
    EPQ: C (predicted D)
    Psychology: C (predicted E)
    Health and Social Care at A-level: D*D* (predicted double merit)
    BCU HERE I COME!🎉🎓

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Maths: predicted grade A/ achieved grade A
    German: predicted grade B/ achieved grade B
    Chemistryredicted grade A/ achieved grade B
    History: predicted grade A/ achieved grade C

Very pleased with maths and German, and chemistry I expected as the exams were hard but it doesn't count towards next year so it's all fine but really shocked by history, I had been getting A's all year round and the exam felt no different so to end in a C is quite disappointing but I am dropping it anyway so overall they are quite good results

ReputationRep:
    • Psychology: Predicted B / Achieved A
    • Health and Social Care: Predicted C / Achieved A
    • Sociology: Predicted B / Achieved C (really annoyed about this grade)
    • English Literature: Predicted D / Achieved D

ReputationRep:
    Results
    • Further Maths: Predicted A/B / Achieved A
    • Biology: Predicted A / Achieved A
    • Chemistry: Predicted A / Achieved A
    • French: Predicted B / Achieved A
    Comments and reactions
    I'm obviously delighted - bit confused about the French where I got a C in one module and A in another, but I guess it averaged out to a low A. I've dropped further maths, which was a good choice since I managed to get a D in the mechanics module Ecstatic overall

Future ambitions
    Study medicine - currently thinking of applying to Manchester, KCL, UCL, and maybe Oxford depending on how confident I feel

ReputationRep:
    I got a D in one of my AS modules. Can I still apply for Cambridge?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bobongo98765)
    I got 120 points in aqa chemistry 7404 and a B how do I work out how far away from an a I was because the grade boundaries on aqa don't seem to be in points?
    120 is the minimum UMS for a B grade - so 105 would be C, 120 B, and 135 A. It isn't your UMS, it is simply the lowest needed for a B.

ReputationRep:
    Results
    English Literature: Predicted C / Achieved A
    RS: Predicted C / Achieved A
    Government and Politics: Predicted D / Achieved B
    History: Predicted E or U / Achieved E (phaha)

Comments and Reactions
    QHGDFeakjfgSDJFKKJSDFHKLAS WHAT THE ACTUAL **** I CANNOT FATHOM HOW I GOT THESE GRADES I THOUGHT I WASN'T GOING TO GET A SINGLE A!!!! I knew History was a disaster so I don't really care, but OMG I'm happy.

Future Ambitions
    Wanna do Anthropology

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rosemondtan)
    You did 7 AS?? Daaaaamn
    Lol no I did 4, someone wanted the UMS explained in terms of where marks were within the grade

ReputationRep:
    Results
    • Government and Politics: Predicted A / Achieved A
    • Geography: Predicted A / Achieved A
    • French: Predicted B / Achieved A
    Comments and reactions
    Obviously I'm very happy, was very surprised as I was preparing for an AABC (although I would have been happy with that as well). Got As in all the modules apart from the written French exam, which was a high B

Future ambitions
    To be happy, results aren't the be all and end all, but I would enjoy going to university or having a higher apprenticeship

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by papertown)
    I got a D in one of my AS modules. Can I still apply for Cambridge?
    Cambridge do look at your AS results when considering your application so it might be easier for you to apply for Oxford instead. It's difficult to say how it might affect you without knowing the specifics - I'd speak to one of your teachers and see what they say. Good luck!!

ReputationRep:
    Results
    Maths: Predicted A / Achieved A
    Economics: Predicted A / Achieved A
    Chemistry: Predicted B / Achieved A
    Biology: Predicted B / Achieved B

Comments and reactions

OCR examiners suck ass. I thought I failed economics and I get screwed over with Biology, the one subject which I wanted to drop

Future ambitions
    Drop Biology, and get the 3 A*'s I'm predicted

ReputationRep:
    Results
    • Biology: Predicted B / Achieved A
    • Chemistry: Predicted B / Achieved A
    • Physics: Predicted B / Achieved B
    • Computer Science: Predicted N/A / Achieved A
    Comments and reactions
    Very happy with my results! Compsci was self taught so an extra A under my belt is always nice. Hope everyone else is happy too!

Future ambitions
    Study medicine at Newcastle, Nottingham, or Bristol!

ReputationRep:
    WELL DONE ON YOUR AMAZING RESULTS EVERYONE!
    Here are my results
    -FRENCH: Predicted by teachers: A / Predicted by me: A / Actual result: A (I got 100%! So happy!)
    -SPANISH: Predicted by teachers: A / Predicted by me: B / Actual result: A
    -GOVERNMENT AND POLITICS: Predicted by teachers: B / Predicted by me: C / Actual result: A !! (I got 98% in this which really surprised me!)

I'm so happy, I've had a really tricky year so AAA was such an achievement! I'm dropping politics next year so I will be doing French, Spanish and Psychology (it's linear so all exams are next year!)

ReputationRep:
    • Biology: Predicted B/Achieved A
    • Chemistry: Predicted A/ achieved A
    • Furthermath predicted A/ Achieved A
    • Maths predicted A/ Achieved A
    • Physics Predicted A/ achieved A
    Comments and reactions
    Only got predicted B in bio as its my least favourite and out of all ofnthem and head of year wanted me to actually put in an effort in it didnt revise for it whole year tbh kinda just did it few days before

Future ambitions
    To study mathematics at oxford and contribute greatly to the world of mathematics and mathematical physics, aim to solve yang mills conjecture

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hildi)
    Predicted AAAA
    I do the new edexcel english and history AS levels. I was predicted B's in both and got C's in both, however i was very surprised because i did minimal revision for history and thought id really messed it up but actually managed to pass! Well done on your grades, they may not be as high as you wanted but theyre still very impressive and you should be proud of yourself.

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: November 7, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Do you think you'll achieve your predicted A Level grades?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Study resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.