The Official Vacation Scheme Thread 2017!

Announcements Posted on

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by graduated2016)
    Heyy!

I did! But then I think I received this email when others were already getting interviews and when it was posted on here that apparently all positions for WVS were full! And then I got the rejection the other day! What about yourself??
    Have only got the first email, but wondering what likely outcomes will be

ReputationRep:
    I may be overthinking this but I am trying to answer this question:
    What do you think are the main opportunities and challenges facing our firm and our clients in the next five years?

Do you reckon they want multiple stories? or one story with multiple opportunities and challenges?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ZEE5)
    I may be overthinking this but I am trying to answer this question:
    What do you think are the main opportunities and challenges facing our firm and our clients in the next five years?

Do you reckon they want multiple stories? or one story with multiple opportunities and challenges?
    It's a broad question - it could be either or. The key thing is hitting opportunities AND challenges, and the firm AND clients, not one or the other. By the time you hit all four points, depending on the word count you might not have much opportunity to discuss multiple points, or if you do, not in great detail.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone completed an assessment centre at BLP? If so, what can I expect from the written and presentation exercises?

ReputationRep:
    Just ****ed up on my app for Squires - wrote 'vacation scheme' rather than 'placement scheme'. Sod's law that I noticed an hour after sending the app rather than during the week I spent preparing it. Anyone know if this'll be a massive issue? I mean it seems to be a fairly banal point to reject some for out of hand but then it's also a fairly stupid and avoidable mistake to make (it's all over their website...) so with this competition God knows...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JD74)
    Just ****ed up on my app for Squires - wrote 'vacation scheme' rather than 'placement scheme'. Sod's law that I noticed an hour after sending the app rather than during the week I spent preparing it. Anyone know if this'll be a massive issue? I mean it seems to be a fairly banal point to reject some for out of hand but then it's also a fairly stupid and avoidable mistake to make (it's all over their website...) so with this competition God knows...
    Highly doubt this will be the issue if you are rejected.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    PFO from Jones Day vac scheme

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hodgey111)
    PFO from Jones Day vac scheme
    Post interview?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by grisham)
    Post interview?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah post-interview. Was expected to be honest

ReputationRep:
    I applied to Jones Day and BLP at the beginning of Sept and haven't heard anything at all. Should I assume I will most likely be rejected?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ayerf89)
    I applied to Jones Day and BLP at the beginning of Sept and haven't heard anything at all. Should I assume I will most likely be rejected?
    Was it for the winter scheme at JD?

If not, they may process applications later on.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Stefan*)
    Was it for the winter scheme at JD?

If not, they may process applications later on.
    Yeh winter scheme. I have heard from some people they won't even send out rejections.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ayerf89)
    Yeh winter scheme. I have heard from some people they won't even send out rejections.
    Ah that sucks - if I were you, I'd definitely send an email.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by katherine.l1995)
    Magic circle, Silver circle and US firms won't take anyone without at least 65% overall and 2.1 in almost all modules! AAA-AAB in A levels also required.
    Not true.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know what firms interview on a rolling basis?

Also I applied for Jones day summer vac scheme they requested my reference 2nd October and said my reference had 10 days to respond. I still have not heard anything? Hmm...

ReputationRep:
    Does anybody know whether it's best that I apply for Simmons and Simmons winter vacation scheme or wait till Summer opens? The deadline is the end of this month and they're rolling..

ReputationRep:
    Simmons & Simmons video interview (and tests). Grateful for any tips

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lawstudent95)
    Does anybody know whether it's best that I apply for Simmons and Simmons winter vacation scheme or wait till Summer opens? The deadline is the end of this month and they're rolling..
    Are you final year/graduate (and eligible for winter)? If so, why not do that? Get into the recruitment process earlier.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by soph497)
    Are you final year/graduate (and eligible for winter)? If so, why not do that? Get into the recruitment process earlier.

Yes I am eligible, I just thought that it's a little too late to be applying seeing as it's on a rolling basis

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lawstudent95)
    Yes I am eligible, I just thought that it's a little too late to be applying seeing as it's on a rolling basis
    Ahh I see. In that case I only applied last week, and I'm sure we'd have heard on here if people had ACs. Deadline doesn't close for 2 weeks

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 8, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
How are you feeling about doing A-levels?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.