The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Update: I've just got an email from Exeter asking for more information. I have quite a unique situation so I was expecting this. I've sent them what they've asked for, so fingers crosssed!
Original post by dorababy1995
Update: I've just got an email from Exeter asking for more information. I have quite a unique situation so I was expecting this. I've sent them what they've asked for, so fingers crosssed!

All the best :smile:
how do you know when you get an offer? do you have to check Track or should you get an email???
Original post by somebodyelse98
how do you know when you get an offer? do you have to check Track or should you get an email???

Track I think
Original post by somebodyelse98

You get an email telling you to check track - the email doesn't tell you whether it's an offer or rejection
Original post by SayoniRoy
All the best :smile:

Thank you!
Original post by BioOx
Why?

I wanted to apply to do their economics, politics and international studies course, but I'm also applying for history elsewhere so would have a bit of history in my ps.... They said there's no point applying but they agreed not all unis offer the same joint honors so it's hard to know what to write in the ps. So yeah they were like don't bother :/ I phoned all the other unis I've applied to (apart from Oxford) and they said it wouldn't matter as they know people apply for different course and maybe could strengthen my application so yeah Warwick seemed to be the odd one out :/
Original post by Lauren1498x
I wanted to apply to do their economics, politics and international studies course, but I'm also applying for history elsewhere so would have a bit of history in my ps.... They said there's no point applying but they agreed not all unis offer the same joint honors so it's hard to know what to write in the ps. So yeah they were like don't bother :/ I phoned all the other unis I've applied to (apart from Oxford) and they said it wouldn't matter as they know people apply for different course and maybe could strengthen my application so yeah Warwick seemed to be the odd one out :/

Might be worth emailing admissions and asking if you can send a separate personal statement? Some unis welcome separate ones that you send them directly :smile:
I just phoned Warwick and they essentially told me not to apply :angry:

What? What did they say...AM worried now :frown:
Original post by Remaxmac
That is awesome!!! Congratulations! My daughter applied to York (Archaeology) and is anxiously awaiting a response--she'd be thrilled to go there.

Aw, I hope she gets a offer! Best of luck to her :smile: York was my second favourite and it is really lovely (I understand why your daughter would be thrilled!) so I'm really happy it was my first offer - I can definitely firm somewhere I love now.
Nottingham has begun to give out offers, in case anyone's applied there.
Original post by trythis
Nottingham has begun to give out offers, in case anyone's applied there.

Applying next week hopefully!
Original post by cami.w
Just received an offer for Swansea!

@ImagineCats
Original post by hurricaneellin
What? What did they say...AM worried now :frown:

Original post by BEARichards
Might be worth emailing admissions and asking if you can send a separate personal statement? Some unis welcome separate ones that you send them directly :smile:

I'll look into that! I think St. Andrews mentioned I should check that out for other unis too.... I think it can become quite unfair that you only get one personal statement to send to all 5 choices... Especially if you're not just studying single honors everywhere:/

I guess if your personal statement was completely focused on History I could see where they were coming from. Maybe you could add a short paragraph relating to the Warwick course?
Original post by jonahfromtonga
Guys why are you all worrying about Warwick so much? They will obviously get back to you eventually - it doesnt matter that they haven't responded yet. If anything, it is a lot better that they wait and take everyone's application into consideration (as I know they do at Edinburgh) as it is fair.

I think people are worried because of Warwick's usual reputation to reply early :biggrin: but the "first come first serve" thing is still fair, they won't give you an offer just because you applied early, it just means there may be less places as you get to november/december time due to all the people wanting to get it out of the way

I know at my school the "deadline" for non-Oxbridge or Medicine etc is like 22nd October, to help us focus more on the actual A Levels!
Original post by Its_Tito
it just means there may be less places as you get to november/december time due to all the people wanting to get it out of the way

This is totally wrong. NO University 'runs out of offers', leaving none left for later applicants. This is simply NOT how it works!

As applications roll-in, they are scored/assessed and 'ranked'. Top scorers will get offers with others placed on Hold, and gradually, up until January, offers will be made going down that ranking list with new applications being offered or slotted in as appropriate.

This why, despite applying in October, some applicants wont get a decision until March or April, as that is when final offers are given out.

All applications received before the Jan deadline get equal consideration. UCAS wouldn't tolerate anything else and all Universities are scrupulous about sticking to this.
Woah it sounds like everyone else's teachers are being really stingy with the predicted grades! My teachers just predicted me 4 A*s, I didn't even have to bug them about it (at least not that much :colondollar:)
Original post by teenhorrorstory
I guess if your personal statement was completely focused on History I could see where they were coming from. Maybe you could add a short paragraph relating to the Warwick course?

It's being sent off tomorrow as I'm applying for Oxford and our school goes on holiday tomorrow 😬 I've got 3 paragraphs one history, one politics and then another economics. I've mixed them all together and linked them all in each paragraph saying how they help my understanding of the others, bring my interest from a different angle etc. They're not just completely seperate paragraphs but more like in order to fully understanding one, you need knowledge of one of the others to help... The other unis I phoned thought this may actually strengthen my application or just wouldn't matter at all so Warwick was completely different. I guess all I've really got is decent grades and predicted grades lol

Latest

Trending

Trending