Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CarlyStarlet)
    OK think of it this way. Through your view as well you can't really accuse Bentley of anything. If you were a half-decent player and felt you were proven enough to feature for the first team then surely you'd reserve the right of whether or not you wanted to play for the U21s. If a player has ability and feels he has nothing to prove then he has the right to wait out his chance to feature in the first team. That's basic psychology right there - he can't be blamed for that.

But that's not the way I've been viewing the situation. It's all a matter of choice.
    No, I go and play for the u21s and prove myself once again, feeling very proud to represent my country

ReputationRep:
    I think a player that turn down playing for there country are stupid because its a honour

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DontBuyTheSun)
    And some couldn't care about playing for their Country in the slightest.
    Which is a shame and imo wrong but you cant blame people for feeling hostile towards you

ReputationRep:
    And some couldn't care about playing for their Country in the slightest.
    Yep, and why should they? When people say the England team is under-motivated or whatever it's pretty obvious why. I wouldn't want to play well for a team that treats me like crap - which is why I have massive respect for players like Heskey, Van Nistelrooy and other players who are suddenly cast into the wilderness but play their hearts out when they're reinstated. Top guys right there. If my manager left me out of the national team when everyone knows I've got ability I'd say "screw you sir" and pull a Carragher on his candy ass if he ever tried coaxing me back in. Can't touch this.. :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Economist)
    Ive pretty much already addressed it in previous posts
    lol. All i can say is that it's a shame England don't have 11 players with your commitment, dedication, stamina and fitness who expect to go 12 whole months playing football regularly in the Intertoto Cup, Premier League, FA Cup, Carling Cup, UEFA Cup and U-21 Championships and then be ready for a whole new season starting with the Intertoto cup once more.

Get real.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Leavis2)
    lol. All i can say is that it's a shame England don't have 11 players with your commitment, dedication, stamina and fitness who expect to go 12 whole months playing football regularly in the Intertoto Cup, Premier League, FA Cup, Carling Cup, UEFA Cup and U-21 Championships and then be ready for a whole new season starting with the Intertoto cup once more.

Get real.
    Ah poor Bentley, what a hard life :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ManUtdFanDean)
    I think a player that turn down playing for there country are stupid because its a honour
    Is it?

If i was a gifted footballer, i'd love to play for England - but only from a selfish point of view. I don't see it as a honour. It is a privalege to be able to play on the worlds biggest stage, but i feel no patriotic pride towards the St george cross.

ReputationRep:
    It does make me laugh at how a player needs rest after playing 2 games a week for 90 mins

ReputationRep:
    Yep, and why should they? When people say the England team is under-motivated or whatever it's pretty obvious why. I wouldn't want to play well for a team that treats me like crap - which is why I have massive respect for players like Heskey, Van Nistelrooy and other players who are suddenly cast into the wilderness but play their hearts out when they're reinstated. Top guys right there. If my manager left me out of the national team when everyone knows I've got ability I'd say "screw you sir" and pull a Carragher on his candy ass if he ever tried coaxing me back in. Can't touch this.. :p:
    Now this is posting! :bang:

ReputationRep:
    Well luckily a lot of players realise that there are idiotic fans and media outthere and wont just give up because they have a different view of things. Carragher was pathetic imo.

It's funny. People seem happy to criticise McClaren, but when it's a player from their own club they get all defensive

ReputationRep:
    I'd like to see you try and do what he does.

ReputationRep:
    If England had a proper manager, some people might actually care.

The sort of manager that plays someone like Carragher, and the sort of manager that has the sense to play Gerrard in his favoured role and instead puts Lampard the fat **** in defensive duty if he even had to play him :rolleyes:

Someone with the ability of Gerrard should always be played in his favoured position. What a waste of talent that he's not. I wouldn't be surprised if one day he finally decides that enough is enough.

What is Gerrard going to look back on on his England career if he is always played out of position?

ReputationRep:
    Well luckily a lot of players realise that there are idiotic fans and media outthere and wont just give up because they have a different view of things. Carragher was pathetic imo.

It's funny. People seem happy to criticise McClaren, but when it's a player from their own club they get all defensive
    No, Carragher was bold. There's a difference.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ManUtdFanDean)
    It does make me laugh at how a player needs rest after playing 2 games a week for 90 mins
    Both comments go some way to showing you have no idea of the fitness levels it takes to be a footballer. I'm just waiting for one of you to say 'but he gets paid x amount per week blah blah blah'.

Go on...

ReputationRep:
    Is it?

If i was a gifted footballer, i'd love to play for England - but only from a selfish point of view. I don't see it as a honour. It is a privalege to be able to play on the worlds biggest stage, but i feel no patriotic pride towards the St george cross.
    Can I ask why? Do you disagree with this countries views, its setup and what people went through to form the country we have today?

ReputationRep:
    No, Carragher was bold. There's a difference.
    Bold for crying because he wasnt played in centre defence?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 37927)
    If England had a proper manager, some people might actually care.

The sort of manager that plays someone like Carragher, and the sort of manager that has the sense to play Gerrard in his favoured role and instead puts Lampard the fat **** in defensive duty if he even had to play him :rolleyes:

Someone with the ability of Gerrard should always be played in his favoured position. What a waste of talent that he's not. I wouldn't be surprised if one day he finally decides that enough is enough.
    Lol! The whole damn team should be built around Gerrard. Not Frank the Tank Engine. Everything is so screwed up at international level.

ReputationRep:
    Crying?

ReputationRep:
    Bold for deciding enough is enough . Someone with his ability shouldn't be *******ed with at international level. There's only so much he could take.

ReputationRep:

How did you work that one out? You probably mean people are happy to criticise McClaren but when it's a player from their own club they usually get more critical. It wouldn't make sense with what you said above otherwise.

Not that much of what you say makes sense ;laugh;

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.