Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by francescarella)
    hahah you are just about my favourite person ever!
    no wonder you're doing english at oxford.

i have my drama exam tomorrow as well, but it's brecht, and then unseen synoptic. whatever happens, there will "be a bit of blue light"- blue apparently works for any theme- and there will be a revolving stage. if its good enough for les mis its good enough for my shows.

and as for brecht, well......haha what a laugh thats gonna be.
    "and so i decided to break down the fourth wall by givin the audience members in the front row hammers, to represent the physical metaphor created, and for the non-naturalistic style, i decided to give my actors one pair of shoes that they had to share between them and put them on when it was their turn to speak. time was of no importance. the audience simply had to wait. screw them. this is MY show!!!MINE!!!! "
    haha roll on Central........

To symbolise Brecht's portrayal of lines being rehearsed and prepared, I have neither rehearsed nor prepared for this exam. Such contrast is astounding.

ReputationRep:
    what do they call them op's? give an example mate..ive always wanted to say 'enjoy your ****ing cofee while your at it"!
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by EducatingBrogan)
    To symbolise Brecht's portrayal of lines being rehearsed and prepared, I have neither rehearsed nor prepared for this exam. Such contrast is astounding.
    haha. end the thread now. we have a winner

ReputationRep:
    haha. end the thread now. we have a winner
    I have no doubt that this thread shall be VERY active this evening once I've finished my exam.

Me and my friend have a competition going to see who can get the word "pickle" into their essays most INdiscreetly.

I usually care about exams but like I said, we were always destined to fail this one since we've never done a past paper, and when I ask my teacher for help he tells me to F off.

ReputationRep:
    In my Religious Studies exam on John's gospel, I distinctly remember comparing awaiting exam results to the eschatological judgement at the end of time... something along the lines of "this is of course metaphorical; just as in the way this exam is now over and the result of it therefore already exists, I will not be aware of it untill results day."
    Can't remember the details now, but it made sense to me at the time.

Never had the guts to make any truly sarcastic/funny answers...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by magic_box)
    In my Religious Studies exam on John's gospel, I distinctly remember comparing awaiting exam results to the eschatological judgement at the end of time... something along the lines of "this is of course metaphorical; just as in the way this exam is now over and the result of it therefore already exists, I will not be aware of it untill results day."
    Can't remember the details now, but it made sense to me at the time.

Never had the guts to make any truly sarcastic/funny answers...
    If I was your examiner, I'd give you an A
    In My RS exam, I managed to fit My Teachers Black rabbit into every paper.

ReputationRep:
    At the end two of my exams, I wrote a "Key", to demonstrate the difference between my lowercase F's and S's. It was a bit of a joke, but it might actually get me extra marks if I'm lucky!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RightSaidJames)
    At the end two of my exams, I wrote a "Key", to demonstrate the difference between my lowercase F's and S's. It was a bit of a joke, but it might actually get me extra marks if I'm lucky!
    I ought to have done that actually, a letter key. My S's and F's are indistinguishable too, I write in a quite old fashioned way with curly loops under g's and y's, and my capital letters are always quite ornate (well as much as they can be in an exam scrawl)

I actually had an English paper back from the examiners when I'd had a bad grade, and they'd even commented "what unusual but beautiful writing"

As long as they can understand it, I'm content
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    was THIS close to ending my drama exam with "in conclusion, Brecht is a homosexual cabbage"

SO SO close.

ReputationRep:
    I happened to strike out a page of working and answers on my Physics PHB5 on Tuesday , then realised starting again on the question would get me in even more of a mess.

So I just written stet besides all the answers I struck out.They being examiners should understand what that Latin phrase means but I made a note asking them to mark the question and ignore the striking out to make absolutely certain.

ReputationRep:
    was THIS close to ending my drama exam with "in conclusion, Brecht is a homosexual cabbage"

SO SO close.
    QUOTE OF THE DAY!
    ha ha haaa classic!

gotta love brecht....

:tsr2:

ReputationRep:

SO SO close.

I was considering making a deliberate mistake and claiming that Stanislavksy favoured naturism, instead of naturalism.

That would have involved my entire staging ideas revolving around the actors walking around nude.

One way to lighten up Chekhov, I suppose...

ReputationRep:
    I dont have the guts!

We had an english mock to describe a persons flat and this boy put "an old man sitting in his own p*** and *******!" Ive been tempted to say "sorry I cross everything out though

ReputationRep:
    i put
    p.s. this questions a bit harsh
    at the end of the last question on my physics paper last week

ReputationRep:
    Ahh, never again will I get the opportunity to make up for lack of knowledge by writing nonsensical silliness on exam papers.
    Once I'm in Uni, shock horror, I might have to be serious :eek3:

ReputationRep:
    On my General studies exam last week i did the question about free speech, so in the question was i talked about liberty and told the examiner how i agree with David Davis and that i didn't like the cynical lefties. I also praised Boris johnson and drew a small picture of his hair. Yeah, i'm expecting an A in that paper.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Green Hat)
    On my General studies exam last week i did the question about free speech, so in the question was i talked about liberty and told the examiner how i agree with David Davis and that i didn't like the cynical lefties. I also praised Boris johnson and drew a small picture of his hair. Yeah, i'm expecting an A in that paper.
    Cynical lefties. I love that. Hahaha ;thumbsup;

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Green Hat)
    If I didn't mind ruining this thread with politics (which of course I do), I'd ask why us lefties are so cynical? But I won't.

ReputationRep:
    Ahh, never again will I get the opportunity to make up for lack of knowledge by writing nonsensical silliness on exam papers.
    eeep, you might, just abit.

ReputationRep:
    But assuming you make your offer and get to Oxford (which I'm sure you will ) you'll have to write your exams in fancy dress. Will that make up for it? :p:

University open days

• University of Bradford
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All Faculties Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Heriot-Watt University
    All Schools Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.