Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by J35sica)
    Wow congrats!!!!
    thanks so much! its my no. 1 choice so i am dead chuffed!!!
    wow you got one from southampton! well done you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by itszednotzee)
    AAHHHH I just got an offer for birmingham!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AAA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Congrats

I guess that means they dont do it just on mondays and fridays then

ReputationRep:
    Why would they just do it on Mondays and Fridays?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TommehR)
    Why would they just do it on Mondays and Fridays?
    Well on fridays, because they work out who is goin to get offers throughout the week and post it on friday evening. or they post it first thing monday morning. either way it suggests to me that they work on the applications throughout the week and post it all at the end in one go.

There are clearly gonna b exceptions but this is the general trend.

ReputationRep:
    Offer from Warwick.

Law combined with business studies. AAB...

Slightly brightens my day up after the lse rejection an pompey daddy I got 3A*/4A'a and 2B's. B were latin and lit

ReputationRep:
    i just got rejected by ucl
    really surprised coz i went on here n saw all the lse rejections and was expecting an lse rejection but it was ucl
    this confirms i did **** on the lnat so im now gonna get rejected by oxford and durham great
    nyone else had a ucl rejection?
    ohhh n coz i know u'll prob ask from lookin at everyone elses ive got straight a's at as
    and 7a*s and 3 a's at gcse
    im feelin really depressed now
    x x

ReputationRep:
    I must've done well on the LNAT because I got an offer from B'ham. Win.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by simon12345)
    When did you apply?

What were your predicted grades?

What were your GCSE grades?

A load of people have been rejected today for a variety of subjects. From what I've seen they've only started rejecting people who applied in very early October and before.

You can email them and ask for an explanation, BTW.

Hi. I also was rejected by LSE. Are you sure about being able to e-mail them asking for an explanation?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DIVAlaDES)
    i just got rejected by ucl
    really surprised coz i went on here n saw all the lse rejections and was expecting an lse rejection but it was ucl
    this confirms i did **** on the lnat so im now gonna get rejected by oxford and durham great
    nyone else had a ucl rejection?
    ohhh n coz i know u'll prob ask from lookin at everyone elses ive got straight a's at as
    and 7a*s and 3 a's at gcse
    im feelin really depressed now
    x x
    Awwww you poor thing, I didn't even think they had given out anything at all yet

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hernameishira)
    Hi. I also was rejected by LSE. Are you sure about being able to e-mail them asking for an explanation?
    You should definitely email them, I think that's what my brother did a few years back and they do get back to you but they take a while cos they're kinda busy. You should definitely ask them though.

ReputationRep:
    Got a rejection from UCL today to follow my LSE one from yesterday - what a crap two days. Was quite upset about the UCL one today but am hoping it wasnt because of my LNAT because I've also applied to KCL and Durham.

ReputationRep:
    just to give everyone some insight
    an admissions tutor told us at my school that lse's first sift is 8A*s at GCSE because they get way too many applicants for law each year.. after that i don't know how they do it because they don't interview OR take LNAT into consideration

and apparently UCL and Nottingham reject people automatically whose LNAT score is 16 or below

Possible reasons for early rejections. Sorry

ReputationRep:
    Add one more to the rejections from UCL

(Grades if anyone is interested are 7 A*s, 3 As, 1 B at GCSE and 5 As at AS)

I didn't want to go there, but it has got me worried about my LNAT. I'm really hoping for Durham, so am basically, royally screwed...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by __Katy)
    Add one more to the rejections from UCL

(Grades if anyone is interested are 7 A*s, 3 As, 1 B at GCSE and 5 As at AS)

I didn't want to go there, but it has got me worried about my LNAT. I'm really hoping for Durham, so am basically, royally screwed...

ur like me!!! we've pretty much got the same grades where else r u applyin?

ReputationRep:
    ur like me!!! we've pretty much got the same grades where else r u applyin?
    Ah, you must be my academic twin then, I was wondering when I would meet you :p:

What subjects do you do?

I'm applying to Oxford (Corpus Christi), Durham, UCL, LSE, and York (interview next Wednesday). You?

Have you heard from anyone else? I haven't other than the interview and UCL

ReputationRep:
    Hrm, I didn't think the LNAT went so badly though. I did loads of practise and was scoring about 18/19. Maybe UCL filter GCSE's?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by __Katy)
    Ah, you must be my academic twin then, I was wondering when I would meet you :p:

What subjects do you do?

I'm applying to Oxford (Corpus Christi), Durham, UCL, LSE, and York (interview next Wednesday). You?

Have you heard from anyone else? I haven't other than the interview and UCL
    ive applied oxford (worcester) lse durham (st chads) ucl (obviously lol) and warwick

this was the first news ive heard now i imagine its coz of our lnat
    so guessin durham and oxford are out of the question now ?
    x x

ReputationRep:
    ive applied oxford (worcester) lse durham (st chads) ucl (obviously lol) and warwick

this was the first news ive heard now i imagine its coz of our lnat
    so guessin durham and oxford are out of the question now ?
    x x
    I'd hope not.

Surely it is just one thing they consider, I'd like to think the rest of my application is strong...

Ok. I just don't want to think about it. At all. I think I'll just work myself up.

ReputationRep:
    i kno ive just bin really upset being very pessimistic
    i think its unfair that one test can ruin a pretty much perfect academic record n i dont see wat else i could have done
    feelin a bit of a emotional wreck t b honest lol x

ReputationRep:
    i kno ive just bin really upset being very pessimistic
    i think its unfair that one test can ruin a pretty much perfect academic record n i dont see wat else i could have done
    feelin a bit of a emotional wreck t b honest lol x
    I am/was exactly the same, I was in tears earlier with no idea why caus I didn't really want to go to UCL (it would probably mean commuting, and I want to get away from home)

Was it your first choice?

Just think, it is only one of five, and it is only one thing they take into consideration.

We had an ex-pupil come to the school who got into Cambridge, Newhall. Her only rejection came from UCL.

My boyfriend told me to think of "flying moo cows". And if that quote doesn't make you smile, and this smilie doesn't:

:loveduck:

Then I think you should build a fortress within your duvet, blame the emotion on your period, and watch telly!

Basically, it sin't the end of the world :yep:

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: February 1, 2010

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 17 Oct '18
  • Staffordshire University
    Nursing and Midwifery Undergraduate
    Wed, 17 Oct '18
  • Teesside University
    Undergraduate open day Undergraduate
    Wed, 17 Oct '18
Poll
If a uni gives me an unconditional offer they....

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.