Jeykayem
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by dbmag9)
If people aren't already college married, they can enter a ballot to be paired up for the purposes of college children.
Not quite the case at Trinity - everyone in first year gets paired by ballot in a JCR meeting in Trinity term, so we don't get a choice of who we marry. Since everyone gets married at the same time, there is always a hen/stag night a few days beforehand! I kind of like our system because it means there is one less thing to worry about organising, and it prevents all couples consisting of two people with very similar personalities. I get on well with my college husband, but at least if someone gets paired with someone they don't like that much, they have no reason to be left kicking themselves and wishing they'd tried to marry someone sooner, since it's just the luck of the draw!
LtCommanderData
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I STILL HAVEN'T BLOODY GOT MINE! Bloomin' German postal system. :mad:
That's crap

Do you know when it has to get there? Mine has to be there by Thursday, so you might wanna email or something
dbmag9
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Jeykayem)
Not quite the case at Trinity - everyone in first year gets paired by ballot in a JCR meeting in Trinity term, so we don't get a choice of who we marry. Since everyone gets married at the same time, there is always a hen/stag night a few days beforehand! I kind of like our system because it means there is one less thing to worry about organising, and it prevents all couples consisting of two people with very similar personalities. I get on well with my college husband, but at least if someone gets paired with someone they don't like that much, they have no reason to be left kicking themselves and wishing they'd tried to marry someone sooner, since it's just the luck of the draw!
Fair enough, didn't know that.

(Original post by LtCommanderData)
That's crap

Do you know when it has to get there? Mine has to be there by Thursday, so you might wanna email or something
Yeah, I think I'll email tomorrow morning if it's still not here and ask if I can do it by email (or at least find somewhere to print the a contract out here and post it).
soutioirsim
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by jenny18)
I can sign in!! I can sign in!! Wooo!!

I maybe a little over excited/over tired. Sorry.
I got excited doing that today too
BeritV
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by soutioirsim)
I got excited doing that today too
Basically I was excited for the whole weekend once I managed to log in. Aren't we just sad, though?
soutioirsim
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by BeritV)
Basically I was excited for the whole weekend once I managed to log in. Aren't we just sad, though?
Nah, the world would be boring if we didn't get excited about the little things
BeritV
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Nah, the world would be boring if we didn't get excited about the little things
The weird thing is that I never get excited about the big things. There's something wrong with me.
WeeNinja
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Fair enough, didn't know that.

Yeah, I think I'll email tomorrow morning if it's still not here and ask if I can do it by email (or at least find somewhere to print the a contract out here and post it).
did you not get a link to an online freshers pack? I didn't get anything by mail, I had to print out everything myself. Am I the only one with a college that requires their students to have a printer?
soutioirsim
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
The weird thing is that I never get excited about the big things.
:teehee:

Spoiler:
Show
dbmag9
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by WeeNinja)
did you not get a link to an online freshers pack? I didn't get anything by mail, I had to print out everything myself. Am I the only one with a college that requires their students to have a printer?
Yeah, I got all the information stuff online, but the university/college contracts were posted (and not emailed).
LtCommanderData
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago

Spoiler:
Show
Spoiler:
Show

dbmag9
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by LtCommanderData)
Spoiler:
Show

Spoiler:
Show
BeritV
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago

Spoiler:
Show
See this is too big to get me excited :rolleyes:
soutioirsim
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
See this is too big to get me excited :rolleyes:
Oh really? :lol:
BeritV
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Oh really? :lol:

Shall we just get back to talking about small things? :P
soutioirsim
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago

Shall we just get back to talking about small things? :P
Yeah that would be best. Otherwise innuendos are going to be flying around for ages :p:

It took alot of will-power not to do one then...
BeritV
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Yeah that would be best. Otherwise innuendos are going to be flying around for ages :p:

It took alot of will-power not to do one then...

I know I know, it's just that I'm such a little innocent girl, you know. :innocent:
Fang_RedDragon
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I have been emailled work to do.
Can you ****ing believe it?!
So I don't even get a Freshers Week, I don't even get a Freshers 2 and a half days, I get preFreshers assignments.

This is crap.
micky022
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Fang_RedDragon)
So I don't even get a Freshers Week, I don't even get a Freshers 2 and a half days, I get preFreshers assignments.

This is crap.
What course and college? That sucks
dogmatichurricane
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Fang_RedDragon)

This is crap.
I've had a set of math worksheets to do for almost a month now. That said, my progress is quite slow.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (128)
18.21%
It's just nice to be back! (193)
27.45%
Not great so far... (251)
35.7%
I want to drop out! (131)
18.63%

Watched Threads