The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Scroll to see replies

When people were registering with Leeds, for the Edge gym/sports membership thing where it wants you to buy it - did you just not buy it? It says that it's included in our rent anyway but it wasn't very clear on what we should have put on the form.
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Reply 3581
Original post by Bella Occhi
When people were registering with Leeds, for the Edge gym/sports membership thing where it wants you to buy it - did you just not buy it? It says that it's included in our rent anyway but it wasn't very clear on what we should have put on the form.

Basic membership is included in the rent, I think the thing mentioned in the registration is more for those who don't get this as they don't live in uni halls. I just ignored it.

I didn't buy it. If you feel the included membership isn't enough you can always upgrade after you've checked it out :smile:
Original post by Gemini92
Basic membership is included in the rent, I think the thing mentioned in the registration is more for those who don't get this as they don't live in uni halls. I just ignored it.

Yeah it was quite unclear. However I'm sure I'll be able to sort it out at a later date if I've somehow not got it.

Original post by Muffinz
I didn't buy it. If you feel the included membership isn't enough you can always upgrade after you've checked it out :smile:

Well it's not like I'll be using the gym all that much :colondollar: just want to make sure I get what I'm entitled to :mob:
(edited 12 years ago)

If you are in halls you will deffo have the basic membership which means you can visit at offpeak times, the registration is just offering you chance to upgrade so you can use it in peak etc and supposedly you are meant to save 10% if you do it that way :smile:
Reply 3585
accommoffice!! Need you please :biggrin: any idea if my flat. 102 is a 3 people flat? :frown:
Original post by xx_emmarr_xx
If you are in halls you will deffo have the basic membership which means you can visit at offpeak times, the registration is just offering you chance to upgrade so you can use it in peak etc and supposedly you are meant to save 10% if you do it that way :smile:

Oh good thank you :biggrin: not gonna upgrade though, can't see myself using it that much :lol:
Reply 3587
How do James baillie park flat numbers work? ie what stands for floor/flat/room etc and why in block c do you get an apparently unrelated letter at the end of your number ? :smile:
Reply 3588
Has anyone else not been able to enrol yet? I still come up with a registration block when I try to register!! Kinda worried!
Reply 3589
[QUOTE="Selenax;33778994"]How do James baillie park flat numbers work? ie what stands for floor/flat/room etc and why in block c do you get an apparently unrelated letter at the end of your number ? :smile:[/QUOTE

From what i understand the number is your actual flat number, and the letter is your room in that flat, so if you are like 100F you will have a 6 person flat :biggrin:
Reply 3590
Original post by Pendrive

Don't worry i have not had an email yet either :s-smilie:. Even though i know where i am going i just want to confirm it all now, getting a bit frustrating constantly having my hotmail account open, and looking every 30 mins lol :smile:. Yeh with philosophy i should be ok, because my school decided to teach us some of the uni work on top of the a level course anyway, so hopefully i can chill for the first few weeks :biggrin:

Ahhh sounds good, literally at the start of year 13 our teacher went 'We've decided not to teach you that much this year, so take a textbook and make some notes' :| it's seriously a miracle we all passed haha! But yeah sounds like you're gonna be fineeee ;D And saaame, it's so sad but I keep refreshing my inbox, we're deffooo not gonna find out for ages yet tho, grr :frown: hahaaxxx
Reply 3591
Quick question, can i apply for electives that are not covered by my course, but that are still based on the same subject, because from the information i have read it seems that they want you to pick electives that are separate from your current subject :s-smilie: . to be honest I am a bit confused, and it may seem like a stupid question but i am a bit lost :smile:
Quick question, can i apply for electives that are not covered by my course, but that are still based on the same subject, because from the information i have read it seems that they want you to pick electives that are separate from your current subject :s-smilie: . to be honest I am a bit confused, and it may seem like a stupid question but i am a bit lost :smile:

You can pick any elective available as long as it doesn't clash. Your main course can change them though.
Reply 3593

Generally, you can choose any electives you want, regardless of department, as long as you meet any prerequisites and there are no timetable clashes. Although, if your department wants you to do electives from outside your department, then you should probably check before you enrol on any.
Reply 3594
Original post by Teh User
You can pick any elective available as long as it doesn't clash. Your main course can change them though.

Thanks for clearing that up for me, I just seem to be having one of those days where nothing makes sense :biggrin:
Reply 3595
anyone in leodis block D
Reply 3596
right if for example my elective lecture clashes with a compulsory modules seminar but the seminar has "alternative times availible" is that ok because surely you can just go to one of the alternative seminar times right?
Ah my timetable has updated. 10am starts Wednesday and Thursday, 9am Tuesday which is the only bad one. Free Fridays!
Reply 3598
10am Monday, 9am Tuesdays, both till 4, free wed, thurs and fri :biggrin:
Reply 3599
Hi :smile: I've been offered accommodation by Leeds and paid the deposit and accepted the contract, however I have no idea what to do now. Do I have to book a slot for my arrival? :s-smilie:

Latest