Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by comebackasfire7)
    Did anyone who applied in november get either an offer or a rejection ?
    Applied november 11th, received an offer on the 21st of December

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Twinklebooks)
    Who else is applying for Government?? :P As far as I'm aware, not many offers have been given out for that yet.. Am dead nervous, as grades are legit the worst out of anyone applying to lse this year XD I had severe extenuating circumstances though...but don't know, would lse really take that into account?? :confused:
    hey, I'm also applying for Government, I created this thread: " http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=2533961 " which would be cool to keep alive. Post on there so we don't have to keep trawling through this thread and talk some serious government! haha

ReputationRep:
    Applied on 1 Nov and got an offer on 20 Dec
    Good luck

ReputationRep:
    I applied on 4th Nov and got my offer on 19th Dec

ReputationRep:
    Which course tho ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Twinklebooks)
    Who else is applying for Government?? :P As far as I'm aware, not many offers have been given out for that yet.. Am dead nervous, as grades are legit the worst out of anyone applying to lse this year XD I had severe extenuating circumstances though...but don't know, would lse really take that into account?? :confused:
    I think the general consensus is that LSE go much more on the PS rather than grades and I would expect that they'd take any extenuating circumstances into account. Also given that it seems a lot of good candidates have been rejected recently it's a good sign you're still in the running

ReputationRep:
    Anyone got an offer for Bsc sociology?

ReputationRep:
    when i got my offer it didn't really please me as much to be honest. I was in Oxford for the interview, I woke up then checked the time on my phone and I saw the email from LSE. My immediate reaction was something like so what its just a university. I have been glamourising it too much. I want Oxford now. So immediately I craved for more.
    Before getting the offer I was so desperate for it and I was checking email all the times and first thing in the morning but once you got it you treat it as a 'meh'. I guess it's just human nature.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by arminb)
    when i got my offer it didn't really please me as much to be honest. I was in Oxford for the interview, I woke up then checked the time on my phone and I saw the email from LSE. My immediate reaction was something like so what its just a university. I have been glamourising it too much. I want Oxford now. So immediately I craved for more.
    Before getting the offer I was so desperate for it and I was checking email all the times and first thing in the morning but once you got it you treat it as a 'meh'. I guess it's just human nature.
    I think I'm the opposite. I received an offer from the LSE a few days after my Oxford interviews, and felt extremely chuffed(and still am!). Then again it's perhaps because I think my first interview at Oxford didn't go very well, so it's a relief to know that I have a place at the LSE, and put aside the reputation of Oxford, I'd much prefer to live in London than in Oxford. Btw what did you apply for at the LSE?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hell0)
    I think I'm the opposite. I received an offer from the LSE a few days after my Oxford interviews, and felt extremely chuffed(and still am!). Then again it's perhaps because I think my first interview at Oxford didn't go very well, so it's a relief to know that I have a place at the LSE, and put aside the reputation of Oxford, I'd much prefer to live in London than in Oxford. Btw what did you apply for at the LSE?
    I guess everyone is different. I applied for history. You?

ReputationRep:
    I guess everyone is different. I applied for history. You?
    I'm a Law applicant. would the LSE be your first choice if you were rejected from Oxford?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hell0)
    I'm a Law applicant. would the LSE be your first choice if you were rejected from Oxford?
    Law:eek:? Well done man,thats really competitive. I think so, I dont know yet between Durham/LSE but I am more inclined towards LSE.

ReputationRep:
    There's a lot of talk that spending too much time on your PS is bad but I spent about 3 hours a day for the majority of a month. It payed off as I got an offer. So it really depends on the individual. If you struggle to express yourself then spend time on it.

ReputationRep:
    Law:eek:? Well done man,thats really competitive. I think so, I dont know yet between Durham/LSE but I am more inclined towards LSE.
    Thank you! Wow, so you have an offer from Durham as well, well done! Sounds like a hard decision to make. For me, LSE is likely to be my firm should I get rejected from Oxford. Just out of interest, are you a home or international student, fee-status wise? I read that you are from Iran, but live in England?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NedStark)
    There's a lot of talk that spending too much time on your PS is bad but I spent about 3 hours a day for the majority of a month. It payed off as I got an offer. So it really depends on the individual. If you struggle to express yourself then spend time on it.
    Me too, I spent about a month and half on my PS, got an offer!

ReputationRep:
    I am an international student. But that doesn't necessarily make it easier to get accepted to LSE.

ReputationRep:
    I am an international student. But that doesn't necessarily make it easier to get accepted to LSE.
    Oh no, that wasn't what I was implying, I'm an international student, too. I asked purely out of interest, and also thought that it's quite cool to meet someone from Iran :/ (as I've never met one before)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by smile:D)
    I think the general consensus is that LSE go much more on the PS rather than grades and I would expect that they'd take any extenuating circumstances into account. Also given that it seems a lot of good candidates have been rejected recently it's a good sign you're still in the running

Aww cheers - tbh im probably only still in the running because i only applied 2 weeks ago but am going to ignore that and try and stay positive now :cool:...otherwise i think i just might lose my marbles!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jodiepitfield)
    Anyone got an offer for Bsc sociology?
    No, still waiting. Have you?

ReputationRep:
    Still waiting for economics offer,after my five weeks and receive another 4weeks.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.