Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Wenger needs to make Higuain happen. No excuses.

Would represent fantastic value at £20m given his age. Given Neymar went for £50m, the Higuain deal would be a steal.

Podolski, Higuain and Walcott. that would be a very prolific strike force that would gun down most teams.

ReputationRep:
    You don't really go wrong with Argentinian strikers. Apart from Saviola, I can't really remember any flops.

ReputationRep:
    vengah

ReputationRep:
    Whenever Wenger publicly declares he likes a player and would want to sign him we all know its a code for we won't pay the cash but want to look like we are trying for the fans.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    I guess you can now see off the smaller teams, but this was the same case last season, A clinical striker and a physical DM would do you well
    Had no problem at all getting results at teams outside the top 4. It's against the top 4 we've struggled. Obviously I'm a bit biased but I reckon we could improve that next season, for sure. My reasoning being that pretty much all of the players have faced some difficulties in many different shapes and forms. The key thing though, is that these are difficulties that are starting to be overcome. Szczesny got lazy this season but when he realised he had to fight for his place then in the last ten games he pulled off worldie saves game after game to make sure we got 3 points most games. Gibbs has only got better and better this season and with Monreal in the side clearly we're good enough there. Vermaelen cost us goals, and points, through his defensive slip ups (more than any other CB in the league), so when he was benched whenever he came on he did well as he realised he had to impress to make the line-up. Koscielny was awful at the start because he wasn't getting game time but towards the end of the season he was the best cb in the league. Ramsey also, awful at the start and great at the end. Giroud, Podolski and Cazorla are all new and will be better though Cazorla is already a brilliant little player and Giroud is a great option to have from the bench for next season when we buy another striker (which I'm certain we will). Rosicky came back from his injury to being great again. Jack will be fit for next season, and he will be great again.

Lots of positive signs. Although we obviously, like you said, need to sign a DM and a striker - but people were saying that even last August.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by T.Adams VI)
    Wenger needs to make Higuain happen. No excuses.

Would represent fantastic value at £20m given his age. Given Neymar went for £50m, the Higuain deal would be a steal.

Podolski, Higuain and Walcott. that would be a very prolific strike force that would gun down most teams.
    No it wont...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yaboy)
    No it wont...
    Think he meant Cazorla, Higuain and Walcott. Arteta, Ramsey and Wilshere just behind

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by T.Adams VI)
    You don't really go wrong with Argentinian strikers. Apart from Saviola, I can't really remember any flops.
    It's ridiculous the amount of strikers that country produces.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by megadeath999)
    http://www.givemesport.com/350053-pr...enal-champions

Interesting. That table suggests 9 of the 37 goals we conceded were down to individual error, which is a quarter. I don't read much into it, because virtually all goals have an element of error in them somewhere. But if nothing else, there are a good few more points available for us if we can be a little less generous at the back. It's quite funny how despite having the 2nd best defence in the league, our mistakes cost us 7 points
    6 of those 9 mistakes were due to Vermaelen as well. Kosc-Mert pairing next season is going to be so good to have all the way through, I'm excited for it already. Considering we had the 2nd best defence in the league with Mannone and Santos in the line-up for a bit and without a proper DM hopefully next season we can make the defence even better
    • Arsenal FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    Arsenal FC Supporter
    What does everyone think of Cardiff City, Hull and Crystal Palace? Do you think they might be 'dangerous'.. Cos you know as an Arsenal fan I think it's safe to say that Arsenal can play funnily against smaller teams (remember the nightmare past of 'bradford'??) yet triumph against big clubs (i.e Bayern Munich second leg anyway).. I don't think much of Crystal palace to be honest, Wilfried Zaha literally carried them through and he's off soo... opinions?
    • Arsenal FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    Arsenal FC Supporter
    (Original post by glousck)
    6 of those 9 mistakes were due to Vermaelen as well. Kosc-Mert pairing next season is going to be so good to have all the way through, I'm excited for it already. Considering we had the 2nd best defence in the league with Mannone and Santos in the line-up for a bit and without a proper DM hopefully next season we can make the defence even better
    I totally agree.. Don't forget Sagna he made some stupid mistakes too at some point especially in the Man utd game like wtf

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jibberish)
    Think he meant Cazorla, Higuain and Walcott. Arteta, Ramsey and Wilshere just behind
    lol ramsey and arteta prolific strike force???? takes both of them to do one mans job

ReputationRep:
    Had no problem at all getting results at teams outside the top 4. It's against the top 4 we've struggled. Obviously I'm a bit biased but I reckon we could improve that next season, for sure. My reasoning being that pretty much all of the players have faced some difficulties in many different shapes and forms. The key thing though, is that these are difficulties that are starting to be overcome. Szczesny got lazy this season but when he realised he had to fight for his place then in the last ten games he pulled off worldie saves game after game to make sure we got 3 points most games. Gibbs has only got better and better this season and with Monreal in the side clearly we're good enough there. Vermaelen cost us goals, and points, through his defensive slip ups (more than any other CB in the league), so when he was benched whenever he came on he did well as he realised he had to impress to make the line-up. Koscielny was awful at the start because he wasn't getting game time but towards the end of the season he was the best cb in the league. Ramsey also, awful at the start and great at the end. Giroud, Podolski and Cazorla are all new and will be better though Cazorla is already a brilliant little player and Giroud is a great option to have from the bench for next season when we buy another striker (which I'm certain we will). Rosicky came back from his injury to being great again. Jack will be fit for next season, and he will be great again.

Lots of positive signs. Although we obviously, like you said, need to sign a DM and a striker - but people were saying that even last August.
    Agree with what you say here, some stability will help you guys challenge for the title, I think the title will be yours in 2015 or a 4 horse race, but for now you should just focus on distancing you from the top 4 battlers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yaboy)
    lol ramsey and arteta prolific strike force???? takes both of them to do one mans job
    The midfield! Cazorla on the left, Walcott on the right and Higuain up front. Midfield of Arteta, Ramsey and Wilshere as I said earlier. Ideally a DM to take Arteta's position next season

ReputationRep:
    Hull away is gonna be the most depressing game of the season, crap city, crap fans, crap stadium (ugly aswell), crap team and crap manager

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yaboy)
    Hull away is gonna be the most depressing game of the season, crap city, crap fans, crap stadium (ugly aswell), crap team and crap manager
    Lol, sounds like a trip to White Heart Lane

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by J.Star)
    Lol, sounds like a trip to White Heart Lane
    PRSOM

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jibberish)
    The midfield! Cazorla on the left, Walcott on the right and Higuain up front. Midfield of Arteta, Ramsey and Wilshere as I said earlier. Ideally a DM to take Arteta's position next season
    I'd be more inclined to have Rosicky on and only Arteta or Ramsey...or have Podi on the left and bring Cazorla into the centre so Ramsey and Arteta have to battle it our for starting XI status. Having them both on the pitch kills our attacking flare.

ReputationRep:
    What makes you say 6 were Vermaelen

Mannone Norwich
    Szczesny villa, southampton
    Mertesacker tottenham both games, west brom penalty
    Koscielny city penalty

Thats 7 that weren't him off the top of my head he had one v spurs and one v man utd when he teed up judas and that makes 9 but these stats are very subjective and probably unreliable too considering Sagna had a few
    • Arsenal FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    Arsenal FC Supporter
    (Original post by yaboy)
    Lol you sure you're not talking about spurs?

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.