Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jacobisswaggy)
    Not me, my friend, but yes he is. He has A* A* A predictions.
    Sorry about that! I briefly glanced over your post.

If he is predicted A*A*A, then I reckon it should be ok. But going from a C at AS to A*/A at A2 is a extremely big ask and maybe the admissions people might be pessimistic about that happening...

What are the other subjects is your friend doing?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by minhle20)
    Sorry about that! I briefly glanced over your post.

If he is predicted A*A*A, then I reckon it should be ok. But going from a C at AS to A*/A at A2 is a extremely big ask and maybe the admissions people might be pessimistic about that happening...

What are the other subjects is your friend doing?
    Thank you for the advice. He's doing biology and maths and got A's in both of these. His teacher is happy to predict an A for chemistry as he was achieving A's all through the year and in the mocks, I think he was just having a bad day!! He'd heard that leicester only look at predicted grades and he'll have 3 A's at AS to count towards his AS point score, so he shouldn't be at too much of a disadvantage should he?

ReputationRep:
    I received a welcome pack from the University on results day. But it wasn't a medicine specific one; only a generic university one.

Where did you hear about the vaccines?
    Did it contain a guide from the uni?
    I heard from someone currently studying there.
    Do you know where any other medics are staying??

I

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jacobisswaggy)
    Thank you for the advice. He's doing biology and maths and got A's in both of these. His teacher is happy to predict an A for chemistry as he was achieving A's all through the year and in the mocks, I think he was just having a bad day!! He'd heard that leicester only look at predicted grades and he'll have 3 A's at AS to count towards his AS point score, so he shouldn't be at too much of a disadvantage should he?
    As long as he apples smartly, he shouldn't be at that much of a disadvantage

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by panjabiflower)
    Did it contain a guide from the uni?
    I heard from someone currently studying there.
    Do you know where any other medics are staying??
    yeah it was a guide to starting uni at Leicester

ReputationRep:
    As long as he apples smartly, he shouldn't be at that much of a disadvantage
    Thanks for your help😀

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    Any Medical students starting in september who are staying in Nixon court??

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by panjabiflower)
    Hi,
    Any Medical students starting in september who are staying in Nixon court??
    Hey sorry to butt in!

You might be better off posting in the University of Leicester forum. There's probably a Nixon Court thread on there.

ReputationRep:
    I received a welcome pack from the University on results day. But it wasn't a medicine specific one; only a generic university one.

Where did you hear about the vaccines?
    I heard about it from current students on the Facebook page, I think it's for people who aren't up to date/don't have all the correct ones?

Don't know whether we'll have to have hepatitis jabs or something like that.

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know what the timetable is like in the first year?? How many hours per day?

ReputationRep:
    I'm staying at Beaumont. I'm a fresher

ReputationRep:
    Apparently lectures all end by 1. But a lot is changing from last year. So can't say much as of now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jellybeansonice)
    Apparently lectures all end by 1. But a lot is changing from last year. So can't say much as of now
    Oh right, thanks Im booking my accommodation but not sure where to go?!! What made you go for Beaumont?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Well its apparently one of the nicest halls. And I wanted ensuite. But not premium because its too expensive. So I went for standard ensuite in Beaumont. Its a very pretty hall!

ReputationRep:
    Well its apparently one of the nicest halls. And I wanted ensuite. But not premium because its too expensive. So I went for standard ensuite in Beaumont. Its a very pretty hall!
    Are you catered or self catered? I was looking at John Foster?! How do you plan on getting to the medical school everyday?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I was looking at john fosters but there are only two types of rooms premium ensuite and standard single. By bus, or walking.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    I'm staying at Beaumont. I'm a fresher
    I'm in beaumont too

ReputationRep:
    Which block? I'm in block 1
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    Which block? I'm in block 1
    Block 8

The reading list looks brutal guys.. hoping there are multiple copies in the library.

ReputationRep:
    My brother has a few on PDF.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.