Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Current Year 11 Thread Mark I (2014-2015) watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Midnightmemories)
    Anyone else drowning in coursework or is it just me?
    Got food tec but weve done isas and language cw last year

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Steliata)
    I'm not drowning in it but I have a considerable amount to do. Namely:

Music unit 2 appraisal
    Music unit 4 composition
    History essay (not writing it... Cutting out 1,000 words :unimpressed:)
    Physics coursework
    Mandarin writing

And of course revision. Which I have no clue as to how to approach it or make a timetable.
    I made a timetable! I left space on a few days as 'homework days' and i write out all of my revision notes in xmas hols i think im going to get questions to do for revision: my mocks are in feb

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else drowning in coursework or is it just me?
    Sort of, since I have overdue pieces of coursework and I have to do it by the end of January otherwise I won't be doing the higher tier.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saj5677)
    Is it posssible to go from a low B on English controlled assessments (40%) and achieve an A overall. (AQA)
    I think so. Im re doing my english lit cw but i got a B and she said she was 99% sure i would get an A so it is possible

ReputationRep:
    My mocks are in February after half term and i have all of these which are all done in a week:
    English lit, english language, maths calc, maths non calc, re paper 2, food tec, human and physics geog, french listening, french reading, drama, biology b1,2, chemistry c2,3, and physics p2,3
    Plus we get homework!
    Ive written my notes so anyone got any revision methods? Got a timetable too for the revision

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    At our school they photocopy graph paper to print with the science coursework booklets. It's horrific, I always have to ask for the proper stuff because photocopied makes my eyes hurt
    (Original post by turn-to-page394)
    Who doesn't? :rolleyes:
    The graph paper I used earlier on was actual print outs but the paper had no indication of where the numbers should have been eg. a mark at every 10th box. Then after that homework, I went on to a geography which had the exact same graph paper... I felt like jumping off a cliff today...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Trihawk7)
    The graph paper I used earlier on was actual print outs but the paper had no indication of where the numbers should have been eg. a mark at every 10th box. Then after that homework, I went on to a geography which had the exact same graph paper... I felt like jumping off a cliff today...
    Aaahhhh! That's horrible! It all merges into one and I end up doing lines every four little squares or something silly... :unimpressed:
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Aaahhhh! That's horrible! It all merges into one and I end up doing lines every four little squares or something silly... :unimpressed:
    *cough* *cough* just like my maths homework *cough* *cough*

ReputationRep:
    *cough* *cough* just like my maths homework *cough* *cough*
    Aha so it's not only me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Déscartés)
    I know the IBs pretty tough but you've actually got it pretty easy apart from history. What's the combination for?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'm planning on doing my undergrad in history and education soooooo .... what are you taking?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LeFeuilly)
    I'm planning on doing my undergrad in history and education soooooo .... what are you taking?
    Well good luck :yes: I'm probably doing maths, econ and chem higher and English lit, philosophy standard and Chinese ab initio. I'm thinking of economics at uni so...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Déscartés)
    Well good luck :yes: I'm probably doing maths, econ and chem higher and English lit, philosophy standard and Chinese ab initio. I'm thinking of economics at uni so...

Posted from TSR Mobile
    That's fantastic Good luck to you too

ReputationRep:
    I just got my results today and other than French and Physics, I'm pretty happy. Good luck with yours.

P.S.

Sorry for the horrible grammar

ReputationRep:
    can I just ask, you know if I have finished my mock exams, can I ask my teachers for the recent papers? Just wondering...

ReputationRep:
    hey guys!
    so, another question, you know if I have all finished by mocks, would it be OK to have some exam papers given here?

ReputationRep:
    Proper hate procrastinating! Any ideas on how to stop this? I don't wanna stress out and fail my exams!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by carliecarliecarl)
    can I just ask, you know if I have finished my mock exams, can I ask my teachers for the recent papers? Just wondering...
    I Doubt they'll give you any in the 2014 series because those are supposed to be restricted for teachers only so they can be used accurately for passed papers; if they give them out to every tom **** and harry then eventually they can't be sure if people are cheating in mocks.

Any other ones they'll probably give you if not you ca find them on exam board websites by googling the exam code and board.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by carliecarliecarl)
    I'm sure they'd give you them if you asked! I got back all of my mock papers for revision purposes and most of them were the 2014 ones...only my English teacher wouldn't let us take them home. There's no harm in asking

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone here still undecided about their A Level options? I'm panicking so bad because I don't know what to do and all of my friends know exactly what they're doing

ReputationRep:
    thanks peachy.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.