Turn on thread page Beta

Law Offers for 2016? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eliza112)
    If you don't mind me asking what grades did you get last year? I still haven't heard from Edinburgh and am getting really worried!!
    Not at all, I got AAAAB last year, predicted AAA this year (1xAdvanced & 2xHigher). I've also done an Open University law module this year, completed the last piece of work at the weekend.

Have you got all of your other offers in?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MsTabitha)
    Not at all, I got AAAAB last year, predicted AAA this year (1xAdvanced & 2xHigher). I've also done an Open University law module this year, completed the last piece of work at the weekend.

Have you got all of your other offers in?
    Thank you, that's so good! I got the same and also did the open uni law yep have the rest, it's so annoying waiting !

ReputationRep:
    4A 1B
    then you must hear soon. My friend got the same and she's still waiting but I'm pretty certain they would never reject her

ReputationRep:
    Thank you, that's so good! I got the same and also did the open uni law yep have the rest, it's so annoying waiting !
    It is frustrating having more than not just the minimum but also the typical offer grades, plus all the extras, & still not knowing at this stage. I guess there's nothing for it but to wait though - good luck, I do hope we hear soon!

Did you enjoy the O.U. course? I found it very interesting & I enjoyed learning in a more independent way than school typically allows for.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kirblaw3)
    Congrats! Can I ask when you applied and when you heard from each?
    Also if you don't mind - what was your LNAT+grades?
    Thank you.

I've applied on 25th of November but I did my LNAT really late (on the 20th of January). UCL gave me an offer on the 1st of March and my rejection from King's only came some time last week (I think it was on the 7th).

My AS results were AAAA (one of those was done up to A2), predicted A*A*A. LNAT 30.

I hope all goes well for you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LaPrimavera)
    Thank you.

I've applied on 25th of November but I did my LNAT really late (on the 20th of January). UCL gave me an offer on the 1st of March and my rejection from King's only came some time last week (I think it was on the 7th).

My AS results were AAAA (one of those was done up to A2), predicted A*A*A. LNAT 30.

I hope all goes well for you.
    That's amazing! Did kings say why they rejected you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by qwertyuipdoe)
    That's amazing! Did kings say why they rejected you?
    There are times when I wonder do the university of London have a direct line to each other. My son got LSE for law but rejected by UCL with LNAT of 31. Second offer for LSE law so personal statement must have been good enough. Not complaining as had really wanted LSE. Just thinking that the op was good enough for UCL but not Kings. I really wonder do the University of London unis share information with each other. By the way have you firmed yet. You've been here a long time and I hope you've got what you wanted.

(Original post by Cholesta)
    There are times when I wonder do the university of London have a direct line to each other. My son got LSE for law but rejected by UCL with LNAT of 31. Second offer for LSE law so personal statement must have been good enough. Not complaining as had really wanted LSE. Just thinking that the op was good enough for UCL but not Kings. I really wonder do the University of London unis share information with each other. By the way have you firmed yet. You've been here a long time and I hope you've got what you wanted.
    I expect a lot of it is down to chance as there's often very little to separate some candidates.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pythian)
    I expect a lot of it is down to chance as there's often very little to separate some candidates.
    Hi
    Have you made any decisions yet? Been thinking about you.

HiHave you made any decisions yet? Been thinking about you.
    Hi there. Nice to see a friendly face!

I’m off to Nottingham this weekend to have a look at the place. Very exciting!! It looks so picturesque from the website.

I have a few reservations though. Three years is a fairly exhaustive commitment and a financial burden. I want to commit knowing that the rewards will be worth it. Trouble is that it is only recently that I have become aware of the ostensible reputation of Nottingham for law and I am wondering to what extent it has been inflated? It seems a flourishing career at the Bar is the esoteric province of a handful of institutions such as Oxbridge & UCL. As you know, I’m a ‘mature’ student and I’m very driven to getting a first. But I want to feel that I still stand a chance and that a first from Nottingham won’t be regarded as less than any other uni. My other half has been absolutely wonderful. He said he can request a transfer in advance to a branch in Nottingham city to be with me. There were some uncontrollable tears at this point. Hehe !! The trouble is that I don’t really have any “informed” friends or family who can really offer any meaningful insights. I also lack any legal connections. I am disinclined to ask Nottingham these questions as they’re going to regurgitate their glossy prospectuses. I want to feel more confident about Nottingham. I am not a stupid person, and I can reapply and still have a shot @ UCL and others.

And yourself? I see your son is going to LSE? I’ve gone past that uni quite a lot for years, and it has a very ‘international’ feel. Has he visited the uni ?

When I wrote to KCL asking about entry requirements for the LLB program, I sent them my transcripts. They were good enough for Oxford – but KCL wanted grades higher than any other university that I had written to. It was phenomenally high with nothing less than 85%.

You’d think you were applying to study in heaven.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pythian)
    Hi there. Nice to see a friendly face!

I’m off to Nottingham this weekend to have a look at the place. Very exciting!! It looks so picturesque from the website.

I have a few reservations though. Three years is a fairly exhaustive commitment and a financial burden. I want to commit knowing that the rewards will be worth it. Trouble is that it is only recently that I have become aware of the ostensible reputation of Nottingham for law and I am wondering to what extent it has been inflated? It seems a flourishing career at the Bar is the esoteric province of a handful of institutions such as Oxbridge & UCL. As you know, I’m a ‘mature’ student and I’m very driven to getting a first. But I want to feel that I still stand a chance and that a first from Nottingham won’t be regarded as less than any other uni. My other half has been absolutely wonderful. He said he can request a transfer in advance to a branch in Nottingham city to be with me. There were some uncontrollable tears at this point. Hehe !! The trouble is that I don’t really have any “informed” friends or family who can really offer any meaningful insights. I also lack any legal connections. I am disinclined to ask Nottingham these questions as they’re going to regurgitate their glossy prospectuses. I want to feel more confident about Nottingham. I am not a stupid person, and I can reapply and still have a shot @ UCL and others.

And yourself? I see your son is going to LSE? I’ve gone past that uni quite a lot for years, and it has a very ‘international’ feel. Has he visited the uni ?
    He went to offer holders day last year and loved it and then went through the heartbreak of marginally missing the grades. Lucky to get another offer. He flew over to London last week and talked to some LSE students about the social life and then came home and firmed it. Loved London, the campus and the course. Look at Nottingham's rankings for law over the years. It always sits at around 6th. It's very competitive for law and hard to get into. The campus is beautiful and I'll be surprised if you don't like it. Most students who have offers have an excellent GCSE profile and an LNAT of 27 and over. Also look at high fliers 2016 and you will see they are targeted by all the big law firms. I would have been happy if my son had picked it. Will look forward to hearing about what you thought of it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by srai243)
    any offers/rejections from ucl recently? I have noticed there haven't really been decisions sent out by them in a while. Really worried that they will just reject everyone now
    They responded yesterday (offers) - don't know about rejections.

ReputationRep:
    I've just been rejected from Edinburgh for Law and Law and International Relations... A bit depressing considering I don't have an insurance now...
    Offers from:
    -Durham: Law
    -King's: PPL
    -Glasgow: Law/Politics
    Offer for all three: 95/100 in the Esame di Stato (Italy)
    Any advice on which to choose? Would any one of these be more lenient than the others in case of a near miss? Would it make sense to still put one as an insurance even if the offer is the same?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MsTabitha)
    It is frustrating having more than not just the minimum but also the typical offer grades, plus all the extras, & still not knowing at this stage. I guess there's nothing for it but to wait though - good luck, I do hope we hear soon!

Did you enjoy the O.U. course? I found it very interesting & I enjoyed learning in a more independent way than school typically allows for.
    I just got rejected, don't know what to do now I really wanted to go there

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GigiRaffaeli)
    I've just been rejected from Edinburgh for Law and Law and International Relations... A bit depressing considering I don't have an insurance now...
    Offers from:
    -Durham: Law
    -King's: PPL
    -Glasgow: Law/Politics
    Offer for all three: 95/100 in the Esame di Stato (Italy)
    Any advice on which to choose? Would any one of these be more lenient than the others in case of a near miss? Would it make sense to still put one as an insurance even if the offer is the same?
    Glasgow would be more lenient.

ReputationRep:
    I just got rejected, don't know what to do now I really wanted to go there
    Yeah, me too. I am fine with it because I've been leaning more & more towards Abz. anyway but I am sorry you haven't got what you wanted. What are your options now?

ReputationRep:
    TO EVERYONE WAITING ON DURHAM
    "We hope that all decisions on UCAS applications received by the 15th January will be confirmed by early April." - Durham Law Undergraduate admissions

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Assan;[url="tel:63411587")
    63411587[/url]]Warwick Law w/ Social Sciences, anyone?
    Got an offer for that. Wbu?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SebastianCanuck)
    TO EVERYONE WAITING ON DURHAM
    "We hope that all decisions on UCAS applications received by the 15th January will be confirmed by early April." - Durham Law Undergraduate admissions
    They are really taking a long time this year.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.