Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Marli-Ruth)
    I got 169 UMS last year
    How well do I need to do to get an A* this year?

320 -169 = 151UMS needed??

Help please
    320 is an A. You need 151 at least to get the A grade. Then you need to fulfill the second criteria for an A* and that is to get 90% for both A2 units. Essentially you'll need to get 90 UMS in both papers this year.

Source

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loveleest)
    Omg a whole question? Was yours just essay based? I did gender, eating behaviours and relationships
    Yep he said he ran out of time, because he didnt revise that much i was looking around and saw SOOO many people just sitting there casually writing... In this exam theres literally no time some people were going to the toilet which is just bizzare.

Yeh i had 3 essays but one was a 4 mark and 20 mark.

The relationship was nice! What did you think to it?

ReputationRep:
    Would a short description of deindividuation as well as outlining zimbardo's prison experimenting be enough for 4 marks?

ReputationRep:
    Anyone here do cognition & development? I was so happy when I saw Piaget aha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NHM)
    It was a broad question... You can talk about sexual infidelity and jealousy or group displays (or both!)
    A girl in my class said you had to write about two to get the marks? I just did infidelity so will I only get max 10?
    The studies I did were Daly and Wilson, Wilson, Shackleton, Buss and Shackleford,

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by adtr0706)
    Anyone here do cognition & development? I was so happy when I saw Piaget aha
    I was so happy when I saw Piaget! That and bio explanations for AN softened the blow of GST

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ayhay)
    It was a 4 marker for AO1 marks, don't worry. I'm pretty sure of that since I just confirmed with a friend.

Which theory? If I recall I talked about Reward/Need theory but argued it can double as a maintenance theory but I talked about other maintenance theories as well.
    Social exchange theory. But I still linked it to formation so idk

ReputationRep:
    so the grade boundaries will be low , hopefully

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Louisss)
    Would a short description of deindividuation as well as outlining zimbardo's prison experimenting be enough for 4 marks?
    I'm not sure about outlining the experiment since implications of findings (which is AO2 and so you don't really say it) is what proves deindividuation however an appropriate description for deindividuation theory itself would be enough for 4 marks.

ReputationRep:
    If I got 152 UMS which is a B at AS level, how many UMS do I need this year to get an A overall?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jessicaw2108)
    A girl in my class said you had to write about two to get the marks? I just did infidelity so will I only get max 10?
    The studies I did were Daly and Wilson, Wilson, Shackleton, Buss and Shackleford,
    I would assume if it says "one or more" then just one would be fine?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ayhay)
    320 is an A. You need 151 at least to get the A grade. Then you need to fulfill the second criteria for an A* and that is to get 90% for both A2 units. Essentially you'll need to get 90 UMS in both papers this year.

Source
    Could you get 80 ums and 100 ums in the other and average out a 90 or does it have to be 90 in both?

ReputationRep:
    Name:  image.png
Views: 86
Size:  257.3 KBFor those worrying about the aggression question it came up in Jan11- in the exact same way.

Group displays is allowed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yasx_)
    If I got 152 UMS which is a B at AS level, how many UMS do I need this year to get an A overall?
    Minimum 168 UMS for an A which is 320 UMS.

ReputationRep:
    How can I revise psya4? Any tips for success? Need to smash it as I left out 20 marker for gender!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ayhay)
    I'm not sure about outlining the experiment since findings (which is AO2 and so you don't really say it) is what proves deindividuation however an appropriate description for deindividuation theory itself would be enough for 4 marks.
    I thought the aim, what they did and the findings were AO1, and then discussing implications of such findings on the question/theory was the AO2 part?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rosieschofield)
    Social exchange theory. But I still linked it to formation so idk
    Ahh, hmm, I'm not sure actually. I guess if it's a convincing enough argument sure! Getting SET right otherwise, like its principles you ought to be fine.

ReputationRep:
    Guys the relationships question I did formation of relationships (2 theories) and maintenance (1 theories) will this effect my mark?

ReputationRep:
    well did anyone else completely screw unit 3 up

ReputationRep:
    Who else filled the booklet? I didn't have time to read through my answers though. Hopefully they won't mind small mistakes.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.