Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

Announcements
  • View Poll Results: What grades are you expecting on results day?
    A*A*A* (A2 only)
    5.80%
    A*A*A (A2 only)
    5.11%
    A*AA (A2 only)
    8.61%
    AAA
    10.88%
    AAB
    14.14%
    ABB
    12.30%
    BBB
    5.44%
    BBC
    6.16%
    BCC
    5.05%
    CCC
    1.75%
    CCD
    4.08%
    A*AB (A2 only)
    4.86%
    A*BB (A2 only)
    1.42%
    ABC
    5.89%
    ACC
    1.48%
    Other
    7.04%

ReputationRep:
    Wish it was easy to predict English Lit, you literally have to write pages of garbage and hope you get a good mark. Not to mention 27/30 is an A ._.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zoex101)
    whats the likelihood of psychology at Aston being in clearing cause i really need to go there if i dont get in to birmingham, im so stressed
    omg Birmingham are being so stingy with their clearing places this year! it's got me thinking that my course is oversubscribed and won't take me if I just miss the grades D:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pato1)
    Wish it was easy to predict English Lit, you literally have to write pages of garbage and hope you get a good mark. Not to mention 27/30 is an A ._.
    Lit is difficult!! it's weird because AS I got 24/30 and got an A which I really want expecting. A2 is WAYYY more harder and I'm crying waiting for my results, especially that I want to study it at uni D:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MessyEffy)
    omg Birmingham are being so stingy with their clearing places this year! it's got me thinking that my course is oversubscribed and won't take me if I just miss the grades D:
    Apparently they are never very lenient

ReputationRep:
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 552
Size:  51.2 KB

ReputationRep:
    First results dream last night and I got AAA, so it's looking good so far. I did get a D and an E in two of the exams though

ReputationRep:
    I'm actually really scared about my EPQ result as well 😥

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by future doctor x)
    Guys a questiom ...

I was thinking of filling a "register your interest " for clearing for a uni , will this affect my current application in any way like they're asking for ucas id and all and im just worried my current firm uni wont be affected by me signing up to get clearing alerts from this uni ?
    It shouldn't do, I did this for Manchester Uni and they've just been sending me automated emails. It can't affect your application because they don't ask for your UCAS number/clearing number/etc. It's a good idea to register interest and have a Plan B just in case things don't turn out the way you're hoping

ReputationRep:
    These past few days have flown by... argh 😢

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cadherin)
    Anyone get their results emailed to them? I get my results emailed to me at 6am which is brutal, I'd rather go into school tbh...
    Yeah and texted to me .. smh :facepalm:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I cant take it anymore the wait is getting to me.. my little brothers think I'm mad I keep screaming "GUYS WHAT IF I FAIL" and shaking them 😂👌

ReputationRep:
    I was fine till I started reading this thread. Now I feel like armageddon is coming.

ReputationRep:
    had a dream that i got a meaty 5 UMS on my D2 paper : )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tanyapotter)
    i think my plan is this:
    6 - 8am: refresh track constantly until it updates and i know if i've made it or not
    8am onwards:
    - if i've made my firm offer, celebrate quietly at home and hold off collecting my results for as long as possible because 1. i know they still won't be as good as i want them to be, 2. i don't care because i got into university, 3. i don't want to face teachers/peers who are better than me so i'll wait til the crowds die down LMAO
    - if i've missed my offer, get my sorry ass to school ASAP to look for clearing spaces and see just how badly i ****ed up

if i've missed my offer then i'll have to face my teachers and discuss what to do next with them, but if i've made it then i couldn't care less and that's my association with my school done forever lol
    Good plan - same with me! I think I'll wait as long as possible if I've made my offer, as then there's more of a chance of being able to hide amongst the year 12s.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thatcooldude2.0)
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 552
Size:  51.2 KB
    I had to make that my wall paper after my C3 exam. I instantly lost hope

I'm scared of seeing grades that I'm not expecting at all. Well, at AS, I lost my exams virginity with a D in Lit and I'll probably see a D in D1, but I'm actually afraid of seeing D/E grades in my other papers, especially in Bio, you can never predict what happens with Bio

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pato1)
    That was probably what I ended up doing :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Serine Soul)
    I'm scared of seeing grades that I'm not expecting at all. Well, at AS, I lost my exams virginity with a D in Lit and I'll probably see a D in D1, but I'm actually afraid of seeing D/E grades in my other papers, especially in Bio, you can never predict what happens with Bio
    Biology is the worst!! I thought I was good at it then I was slapped with a C last year. The way they mark is so specific especially edexcel bio what exam board do you do?

ReputationRep:
    I did AS English Language last year, got D's and E's in every homework essay I did and did zero revision, and got 2 marks off an A in the exam. I don't understand how they mark those things.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lularose83)
    I'm actually really scared about my EPQ result as well 😥
    I did EPQ as well! Did you get told your grade before it was sent off though? I was told a rough estimate, but it gets marked a few times by the teachers before it is sent off, so their estimate has to be close.

Poll
Do you have exam superstitions?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.