Depression Society MkII Watch

This discussion is closed.
Laus
Badges: 13
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by jonathan122)
Everything's so awful.
:hugs: Do you want to talk about one of those awful things? See if we can make it any better? :hugs:

Try to smile, for me.
becki08
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Laus)
I'm missing out. The longer I'm not there, the more I don't want to go back. I don't see the point...
:hugs: keep trying sweetheart.

I'm useless with words recently sorry.
raspberrybubbles
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Tomorrow I've got to discuss everything I wrote on that sheet :cry: It's not going to be fun...
becki08
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Good luck raspberry, I hope it goes ok :hugs:
*pink_sapphires*
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Planto)
Going to Australia to live or travel? Three years ago my family moved out to NZ and in spite of how unhappy I was in the UK and how much more I liked the people and place, I had an irrational hatred of it which made me depressed to the point where we had to come back. Biggest regret of my life. One of my major problems now is this unrelenting desire to set it right and go back, but it's pretty tough to talk about it because I feel so guilty about the whole episode.
Well my mum's cousin and his wife live out there and they've invited me out there for a year and have said I can live with and work for them

Having a really up and down day. Trouble with my stupid student account and my debit card not being registered at either of my addresses, clothes make me look and feel really fat and eurgh, feel really down about my appearance. And I've not done enough work And uni have messed up my timetable
raspberrybubbles
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by becki08)
Good luck raspberry, I hope it goes ok :hugs:
Thanks
Now I've realised I'm not feeling any better...
Laus
Report 10 years ago
Ditto what becki said.

And thanks :hugs: I just wanted this to be a fresh start, y'know. I'm just gunna have to go back and pretend that everything is OK. What a life.
raspberrybubbles
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I know the feeling Laus, but honestly it will get better :hugs:
We're all here for you, so if you need me, give me a shout, okay? xx
*pink_sapphires*
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
argh!!!!! i'm soooooo irritable! this is so pathetic and annoying and my whole body feels tense and angry. grrrrrr!!!
raspberrybubbles
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Sleeeeeeep
blackfish
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
remind me never to go on any family holiday which involves staying with relatives!
starchild
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
too much going round and round in my head why wont it all vanish
Laus
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by raspberrybubbles)
I know the feeling Laus, but honestly it will get better :hugs:
We're all here for you, so if you need me, give me a shout, okay? xx
Thank you :hugs: Likewise. We should be proud we made it to uni..... I'm planning to go back this weekend :afraid:

How are things? I was just about to message you on facebook, actually...
Laus
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by starchild)
too much going round and round in my head why wont it all vanish
I wish I could make it all vanish. xx :hugs:
gooner1991
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Evening All.
Sorry I haven't been around much.
I'm having a dilemma.I don't know what to do about my UCAS form.As some of you know I left my school in April because my depression got so bad and I was seen as a 'health risk' so I wasnt allowed to go back to school.I was in hospital for a realllly long time and I was allowed to go back to take my AS levels.In the end I got 2 Cs and an E but I don't know what to put on my application.I know I'm capable of doing better than that but due to the circumstances,I didn't

Do you think I should put it in my P.S. or something?
Meh
*P.S. I would've made my own thread but I'm not that comfortable talking to others on TSR.
jonathan122
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by gooner1991)
Evening All.
Sorry I haven't been around much.
I'm having a dilemma.I don't know what to do about my UCAS form.As some of you know I left my school in April because my depression got so bad and I was seen as a 'health risk' so I wasnt allowed to go back to school.I was in hospital for a realllly long time and I was allowed to go back to take my AS levels.In the end I got 2 Cs and an E but I don't know what to put on my application.I know I'm capable of doing better than that but due to the circumstances,I didn't

Do you think I should put it in my P.S. or something?
Meh
*P.S. I would've made my own thread but I'm not that comfortable talking to others on TSR.
hi :hugs:

I think you should have a chat with whoever will be writing your reference and see if they'll be able to support the fact that you weren't at your best, and then talk about it a bit in your personal statement.

Hope you're well. :hugs:
jonathan122
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
All cried out. :indiff:
LegoForEver
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
erm hey...

i feel really low at the mo, feel like a waste of space and lonely

i hate the days when i feel down, they suck :sadnod:
Laus
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by LegoForEver)
erm hey...

i feel really low at the mo, feel like a waste of space and lonely

i hate the days when i feel down, they suck :sadnod:
Sorry you feel low Lego. You're not a waste of space :no: but I'm sorry you're lonely. I hate it when I feel like that, too.

Yeah, those days do suck. But hopefully tomorrow won't suck. What do you think? Has anything made today particularly nasty? Or are you not sure why you feel so rubbish?

I hope you feel a bit brighter in the morning. :hugs:
becki08
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
:hugs: for everyone.

gooner1991, I was in a similar situation to you except I repeated a couple of my AS levels by repeating the year part time. I personally didn't put anything in my PS but I think my teachers wrote it in the reference thing. I did put down about my depression in the disabilities box though as mental health problems do count as that. I think you should put it in your PS if you want to but definitely mention your depression on the form and ask your teacher to explain in their reference why you didn't do as well as you may well have done. Good luck with your application!

*huggles jonathon* sorry I haven't been around much. PM me if you want to talk about anything. I'm finding it a bit overwhelming at the moment to reply to threads in here. :hugs:
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (542)
37.74%
No - but I will (112)
7.8%
No - I don't want to (98)
6.82%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (684)
47.63%

Watched Threads