Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Just watching Flamengo v Avai, season-opening game in Campeonato Brasil. Ronaldinho's first league appearanceand he's scored an absolute belter, really 'rolled back the years'. :adore: I recommend the Brazil Serie A to the insomniacs with nothing better to do. Quite a lot of Brazillian players have gone back and it really is an unpredictable league, very competitive, no one is really dominant, there are about 6 or 7 teams who can seriously win it. Santos v Internacional, which starts in about an hour, should be full of quality - Neymar, Elano, Ganso, Leandro Damiao, D'Alessandro, Possebon (:manutd: fans should remember him :ninja:), etc. Plus Falcao (Brazil legend) is now the coach of Internacional.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jit987)
    7-1 Madrid

Ronaldo x2
    Adebayor x3
    Benzema x2

Scoring for fun!
    **** me. I'm in Madrid right now and declined to pay but 25 euro, yes that's only 25, to see this game because I thought none of the three listed above would be playing. Instead I settle down in a Galician style bar, watch Deportivo - Valencia and feel like a **** when Soldado scored in the last minute relegating Depor. I hurried out of that place.

ReputationRep:
    The highlights of yesterdays final:

ReputationRep:
    It is an absolute joke how the lower teams in La Liga don't even bother trying against Madrid and Barca.

ReputationRep:
    The Barcelona Youth team were impressive yerserday. Thaigo an Dos Santos look like one's for the future.

ReputationRep:
    Not another Dos Santos.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mess.)
    It is an absolute joke how the lower teams in La Liga don't even bother trying against Madrid and Barca.
    Yup, total bull**** from continental-biased websites like Goal.com claiming Spanish league is closer and more competitive than ours...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Straight up G)
    Yup, total bull**** from continental-biased websites like Goal.com claiming Spanish league is closer and more competitive than ours...
    Goal.com thinks Serie A is good tbh. That says it all.

ReputationRep:
    If England has the best league in the world, why do the best players in the world all play in Spain?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GlennyBoy)
    If England has the best league in the world, why do the best players in the world all play in Spain?
    Money :facepalm2:

And to pre-empt your next point. Think about taxes.

ReputationRep:
    Sneijder, Fabregas, Vidic, Buffon, Silva etc etc - do not play in Spain.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah the 2 best players in the world play in Spain. But that is only for 2 teams and the league as a whole is no where near as strong as the Prem. You can't be THAT stupid to realise that La Liga is weaker than the Prem can you ? Teams in Spain are in so much of a disavantage because of TV rights and such and so the gap between the big 2 and the rest has widened so much.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mermania)
    Goal.com thinks Serie A is good tbh. That says it all.
    Yeah haha. Goal.com is ****e generally. Their player ratings are absolute crap most of the time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dosvidaniya)
    Yeah the 2 best players in the world play in Spain. But that is only for 2 teams and the league as a whole is no where near as strong as the Prem. You can't be THAT stupid to realise that La Liga is weaker than the Prem can you ? Teams in Spain are in so much of a disavantage because of TV rights and such and so the gap between the big 2 and the rest has widened so much.
    True. West Ham and Man United only had a difference of £20million between the money that the Premier League gives them, whereas Barca and Madrid negotiate their own contracts, so earn 10x more than the next best in the league.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Straight up G)
    True. West Ham and Man United only had a difference of £20million between the money that the Premier League gives them, whereas Barca and Madrid negotiate their own contracts, so earn 10x more than the next best in the league.
    Yeah I know, it's ****ing ridiculous to be honest and there have been talks that a few spanish clubs might threaten to strike because it.

ReputationRep:
    Just because two teams are better than the rest, that doesn't mean the rest aren't good too. :facepalm2:

ReputationRep:
    Porto 6-2 Vitoria Guimaraes: James Rodriguez hat-trick helps Dragons to quadruple.

What a season!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CB91)
    Just because two teams are better than the rest, that doesn't mean the rest aren't good too. :facepalm2:
    If that is aimed at me then it's quite clearly not what I've said. All I said is the Prem is stronger than La Liga as a whole. Which it is...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dosvidaniya)
    If that is aimed at me then it's quite clearly not what I've said. All I said is the Prem is stronger than La Liga as a whole. Which it is...
    Only Premier League fans think its the best.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jit987)
    Porto 6-2 Vitoria Guimaraes: James Rodriguez hat-trick helps Dragons to quadruple.

What a season!
    Scoreline makes it sound like we thrashed Guimaraes, but that's not true. 2-2 in 20 minutes and it was quite end to end, but very poor defence by both. Beto saved their penalty that would have made it 4-3, from that save it went for a corner and from their corner we went up the other end and scored to make it 5-2. It was a crazy game, all goals were either mistakes by the other team or just quite poor goalkeeping apart from Porto's 2nd that was a decent pass from James for Varela to volley (but went from keepers legs). Hulk scored from the corner, but Nilson the Guimaraes goalie messed that up quite a bit. Anyway, 4 trophies and what a season. And James got a hat-trick and set up 2. He couldn't have had a much better day! Hopefully he'll carry on improving as he plays as this guy can become someone great! Another party for Porto!

Poll
The new Gillette ad. Is it:
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.