Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, update!

I officially became a fully qualified primary school teacher on Monday woohoo!

I have until Friday in school, did my first full assembly today it was scary for the first few minutes then I got into the swing haha

I'm happy to say I got a good pass and a PGCE with merit :-) (y)
    such a hard placement!

I'll be having a party with my year 4/5's on Friday morning so no teaching for me! Excited :-D

Tomorrow is last full morning teaching then PPA in the afternoon :-)
    Can't wait to break up!

X

ReputationRep:
    I'm looking at all of the finishing replies and this will be me in exactly a years time!!!!! I'm so nervous, excited, scared in fact every emotion. So do you all feels it's been worth it in the end?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lucy_jucie)
    I'm looking at all of the finishing replies and this will be me in exactly a years time!!!!! I'm so nervous, excited, scared in fact every emotion. So do you all feels it's been worth it in the end?
    Definitely been worth it. I start in my new school tomorrow as a class teacher and am so proud that I've made it this far.

I'm still ridiculously nervous about tomorrow, and feel a little bit like I've been faking it and will be caught out at any moment (!), but I think that's natural at this stage.

If you look back further you'll see our posts throughout the year where we've all had our crappy days where we've doubted our ability and wanted nothing more than to crawl under a rock and stay there till the storm passes, but we've all made it out the other side in one piece. I think most of us have found jobs now as well, which is brilliant.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TraineeLynsey)
    feel a little bit like I've been faking it and will be caught out at any moment (!), but I think that's natural at this stage.
    As far as I can gather I think every teacher feels like this for their entire career! Certainly after a year of teaching I do.

xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kpwxx)
    As far as I can gather I think every teacher feels like this for their entire career! Certainly after a year of teaching I do.

xxx
    Yup. I'm retiring next year and still hoping not to be found out before the end!

ReputationRep:
    Just seen on the time hop app that it's exactly 2 years since I was offered my first teaching post! How time flies!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have ideas or suggestions for those starting their first job this September? Classroom displays, transitional activities, equipment and general tips?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Meus)
    Does anyone have ideas or suggestions for those starting their first job this September? Classroom displays, transitional activities, equipment and general tips?
    Take time once a month to think about theory. It's so easy to get swept up in data, report writing, IEPs, etcetc. It's important to take time to reflect back on what you learnt in training and how this impacts on your overall vision for education, and how you're progressing towards this.

I personally go to a club once a month at my uni which helps me do this, but you could keep a journal, reflect on a moment of learning, read some articles online etc etc. Just make sure you do something to keep you thinking about the big picture!

xxx

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I am starting my pgce primary at greenwich in September. Has anyone got any tips? I obviously realise you have to be organised and motivated but im stressing about the workload.

Thanks.

Stacie

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stacie Simmons93)
    Hi,

I am starting my pgce primary at greenwich in September. Has anyone got any tips? I obviously realise you have to be organised and motivated but im stressing about the workload.

Thanks.

Stacie
    Enjoy the summer! That's my first advice. Don't worry about doing any reading/research before the course starts as you really don't need to.

If you can, find a school which you can easily travel to do that. It makes such a difference to your whole mentality and attitude to the job/course. Even if you can save 20-30 minutes in the morning, it is massive.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Back to being observed every single lesson. Feels weird after qualifying...
    Anyone else in the same situation?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lantan)
    How do you mean? Are you still training?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Any advice for those who are starting their PGCE this September?

Thanks in advance😊

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hi, what are you all going to do about union membership for your NQT year? Have you taken up the £1 offer or will you wait till the end of the year ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I've just joined ATL with whatever offer they gave me - I like their CPD opportunities so just stuck with them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lantan)
    Who is observing you? Seems odd after you've qualified...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pgce2013)
    Hi, what are you all going to do about union membership for your NQT year? Have you taken up the £1 offer or will you wait till the end of the year ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I've upgraded with ATL. Free for the upcoming academic year and then half price in 2016.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by qwerty_mad)
    How do you mean? Are you still training?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    No I achieved QTS a month ago...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TraineeLynsey)
    Who is observing you? Seems odd after you've qualified...
    The whole of my department on a rotation basis.

ReputationRep:
    Went to my new school today and got my timetable etc... I get my own classroom!! Yay

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.