Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KissMyArsene)
    I'd be more inclined to have Rosicky on and only Arteta or Ramsey...or have Podi on the left and bring Cazorla into the centre so Ramsey and Arteta have to battle it our for starting XI status. Having them both on the pitch kills our attacking flare.
    I don't know why but I prefer to have Cazorla playing on the left. Him and Walcott on the other flank are really good coming into the centre and can provide a different kind of attacking threat. I agree about Arteta and Ramsey and like I said if we can get a strong DM then it would really add to our attack cause Ramsey could go forward without having to worry about covering the midfield area.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abiraleft)
    :football:

What's your source for the above quote? :holmes: Enormous blow if true.
    Haha, Thank you
    It was an interview with eurosport

He also said:: “I’m not worrying about my future. I still have 4 years on my contract. I feel good in London and I don’t want to go elsewhere"
    YAY!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by J.Star)
    At least post the full quote....

"I feel good at Arsenal, if we show ambition to fight against the other top teams then of course I want to stay here.
    “I hope the club will show ambition, if not I may leave.”
    Basically the same thing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lyrical Prodigy)
    What does everyone think of Cardiff City, Hull and Crystal Palace? Do you think they might be 'dangerous'.. Cos you know as an Arsenal fan I think it's safe to say that Arsenal can play funnily against smaller teams (remember the nightmare past of 'bradford'??) yet triumph against big clubs (i.e Bayern Munich second leg anyway).. I don't think much of Crystal palace to be honest, Wilfried Zaha literally carried them through and he's off soo... opinions?
    Good to have a London team coming up, although South London is a serious wasteland.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jibberish)
    I don't know why but I prefer to have Cazorla playing on the left. Him and Walcott on the other flank are really good coming into the centre and can provide a different kind of attacking threat. I agree about Arteta and Ramsey and like I said if we can get a strong DM then it would really add to our attack cause Ramsey could go forward without having to worry about covering the midfield area.
    I think Cazorla's equally as effective in the middle or on the wing, I'm only prefer him in the centre because Podi on the left and Ramsey or Arteta in the middle is a better attacking option than Cazorla on the left and both Ramsey + Arteta in the middle. We have enough depth in the midfield that we can avoid having Ramsey and Arteta on the field at the same time. As for a DM I don't think we need one until we've sorted our attacking system out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zürich)
    Good to have a London team coming up, although South London is a serious wasteland.
    Naah where Palace is located is a wasteland. Other than that south london is alright.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    Why would he choose arsenal over juve anyway. I feel that if juve are willing to splash out the cash for him they will. Only thing is that they'd try and haggle the price down arsenal style, they're another bunch of jammy ***** but they need him if they wanna win the CL next season. They'd do a swap deal for jovetic if needed so will have money for higuain though. Don't know the figures though on how much they have to spend.
    EPL>Seire A, London>Turin, chance to improve your game under Arsene Wenger, plenty of Spanish speakers in the Arsenal side(Argentinians being notoriously bad at learning English). Juve are the better team but in truth they are about as far away from a CL as Arsenal are(They got spanked 4-0 by Bayern whereas we went out on away goals for instance). Of course, Arsenal could blow Juve out of the water with wages if we wanted to.

Definitely think Higuain would improve Arsenal hugely though, 20+ goals pretty much guaranteed.

ReputationRep:
    Hows the business? Whats the profit this year?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jamiesonn)
    Naah where Palace is located is a wasteland. Other than that south london is alright.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    South West London around Clapham etc is nice but then again not the most interesting part of the world, whilst Peckham, Waterloo, Vauxhall, Stockwell etc are pretty grim.Not pretending that Holloway etc are much to shout about either but I think pretty much everything interesting in London is happening North.

Never been near Croydon though, but I might consider making a trip to Selhurst Park this season.

ReputationRep:
    Name:  35467_546212692079858_727835812_n.jpg
Views: 102
Size:  87.8 KB Thought to post a picture of Super Jack because he's amazing and because I can. :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KissMyArsene)
    I think Cazorla's equally as effective in the middle or on the wing, I'm only prefer him in the centre because Podi on the left and Ramsey or Arteta in the middle is a better attacking option than Cazorla on the left and both Ramsey + Arteta in the middle. We have enough depth in the midfield that we can avoid having Ramsey and Arteta on the field at the same time. As for a DM I don't think we need one until we've sorted our attacking system out.
    If we're taking arteta or ramsey out we definitely need a dm. It didn't work earlier in the season because neither of the deep midfielders were great at defending but ramsey and arteta worked well together (in the defending part at least). I think we need Cazorla out on the left because even though he himself is better in the middle we need another creative force like rosicky because with cazorla as our only creative outlet, teams can shut him down and then we have no chance.

IMO we need a ST, an CAM and CDM at least with a RB if sagna leaves and a young CB and old GK. If that is possible, which it probably isnt. We can not buy a cam if rosicky remains fit or wilshere becomes better suited to that role.

BTW there's no reason we can have cazorla on the left and just one of ramsey/arteta in the middle.

ReputationRep:
    Higuain said "A move to Arsenal would suit me."

Guess the ball is in our court if we can cough up more than Juve can for him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by glousck)
    Higuain said "A move to Arsenal would suit me."

Guess the ball is in our court if we can cough up more than Juve can for him.
    :crazy::excited: Thought the Juve deal was pretty much done but there's light at the end of the tunnel! SIGN HIM UP WENGERRRRRRR!

ReputationRep:
    a striker, a CM/DM, left winger and ross barkley. Be happy with that as long as yaya sanogo isn't the striker

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yaboy)
    a striker, a CM/DM, left winger and ross barkley. Be happy with that as long as yaya sanogo isn't the striker
    IMO we dont need a LW but a CAM

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TH3-FL45H)
    IMO we dont need a LW but a CAM
    so you want cazorla on the left and the new guy in the middle???

ReputationRep:
    Hope our kit for next season isn't as bad as Liverpool's away and 3rd kit. Bloody hell.
    • Arsenal FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    Arsenal FC Supporter
    (Original post by glousck)
    Hope our kit for next season isn't as bad as Liverpool's away and 3rd kit. Bloody hell.
    What! We're gonna need a new kit? I like the current home and away kits especially the away one.. Purple and Black, it's cool and different.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lyrical Prodigy)
    What! We're gonna need a new kit? I like the current home and away kits especially the away one.. Purple and Black, it's cool and different.
    I like our away one. Our home one I would like if it wasn't for the navy circles around the sleeves it makes it look like everyone is captain. Can't stand the purple and black one. Hate it. I swear we lost so many games wearing it as well so maybe that's why i don't like it. I just don't look at it and think 'arsenal'.

ReputationRep:
    Arsenal need fabregas and benzema NOT ROONEY i feel arsenal also need one CB

Posted from TSR Mobile

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2013
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.