What machete attack? :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by Princepieman)
    Yes but as you said those are for university expenses.

There aren't any scholarships left, so I'll have to hustle and call local oil companies to see if they can sponsor me. This is going to be a brutal couple of days.

Not bad! Is that mainly income from your parents business? Yep, the joys of boarding school yeesh.
    25k was grown from my initial 10k I allocated for the investments.

As for the savings, they come from my parents and family putting in some for me as well as my own income.

Ouch! If all else fails, you could ask businesses to sponsor you in return for exclusive rights to any innovative research gained from a Masters/PhD etc. I suppose. Not many places can hand out 40k.

40k = annual base salary (exc bonuses) for a junior trader? (It's a guess I admit. You probably have more info on this than me! )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jina)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=2359835

It's kinda gory
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Jina)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Soldier slaughtered in Woolwich this evening. Two men shot in retaliation by police and David Cameron is on his way back from Paris.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elm Tree)
    Just heard about that machete attack.. sickening :puke::puke::puke:
    Apparently it was "done in the name of Allah" which I find unfair for those Muslims who have to take the blame. A horrific event which leads to further hatred towards Islam.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by themancunian)
    Apparently it was "done in the name of Allah" which I find unfair for those Muslims who have to take the blame. A horrific event which leads to further hatred towards Islam.
    Despite this horrible event, may the victims be at peace, I couldn't agree more

ReputationRep:
    I find the event absolutely disgusting. What's worse though is the media scapegoating muslims ... Like we're all responsible "islamist attacks"... "Jihadists"... Jihad means "struggle"... For people who don't know what these foreign words mean it creates in them a moral panic and fear of muslims. I don't even want to watch the coverage of it anymore.... Sick of it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jina)
    I find the event absolutely disgusting. What's worse though is the media scapegoating muslims ... Like we're all responsible "islamist attacks"... "Jihadists"... Jihad means "struggle"... For people who don't know what these foreign words mean it creates in them a moral panic and fear of muslims. I don't even want to watch the coverage of it anymore.... Sick of it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Oh wow, sorry to hear that you have to face through this, inshallah that things get better for you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JustaDreamer)
    Despite this horrible event, may the victims be at peace, I couldn't agree more
    (Original post by Jina)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Agree with all of you :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Oh wow, sorry to hear that you have to face through this, inshallah that things get better for you.
    Don't worry. I hope the families of the victim are ok, whatever that means now for them. :/
    Us Muslims are used to it... All you have to do is go onto Daily Mail lol. A tad scared to go outside though... Dunno.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Aurorae)
    25k was grown from my initial 10k I allocated for the investments.

As for the savings, they come from my parents and family putting in some for me as well as my own income.

Ouch! If all else fails, you could ask businesses to sponsor you in return for exclusive rights to any innovative research gained from a Masters/PhD etc. I suppose. Not many places can hand out 40k.

40k = annual base salary (exc bonuses) for a junior trader? (It's a guess I admit. You probably have more info on this than me! )
    Impressive, I started my account with £500 and now it's at ~£10,000.

I'll still try, there's no point giving up when you haven't tried.

It's actually ~£50k base for bulge brackets; Jane Street, Optiver and Getco pay a little bit more.

Talking of salaries here's my list of ideal firms sorted by industry:

Management Consulting:
    McKinsey and Co
    Bain and Co
    Boston Consulting Group
    LEK
    Booze and co

Private Equity
    TPG
    Goldman Sachs PIA
    Blackstone
    Carlyle Group
    Apax Partners
    Terra Firma
    Silverlake Partners
    CVC Capital
    Warburg Pincus
    Pemira
    Oaktree Capital

Venture Capital
    Sequoia capital
    KPCB partners
    Accel

Prop/Quant Shops
    GETCO
    Jump Trading
    Jane Street
    DE Shaw
    Transmarket Group
    Chicago Trading Company
    AQR
    tower research
    spot

Investment Banks
    Goldman Sachs
    Morgan Stanley
    Credit Suisse
    Citi
    Deutsche Bank
    Rothschild
    Lazard
    Greenhill

How about yours?

I'll send you pm as well

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jina)
    Don't worry. I hope the families of the victim are ok, whatever that means now for them. :/
    Us Muslims are used to it... All you have to do is go onto Daily Mail lol. A tad scared to go outside though... Dunno.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hmm okay, well ever since 9/11 you've guys have been getting more and more slack. Ahaha! Dw just try and stay safe? I dunno as well...

ReputationRep:
    It infuriates me that people attack and kill others in the name of Allah. Is this what your God really wants? Your all-merciful, all-loving God? I will just never understand.

RIP unnamed victim I hope severe justice is served. <3

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Princepieman)
    Impressive, I started my account with £500 and now it's at ~£10,000.

I'll still try, there's no point giving up when you haven't tried.

It's actually ~£50k base for bulge brackets; Jane Street, Optiver and Getco pay a little bit more.

Talking of salaries here's my list of ideal firms sorted by industry:

------

How about yours?

I'll send you pm as well
    Check your PM.

Jane Street...:eek: My priorities at the moment revolve around getting into that particular firm.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aurorae)
    x
    Hey there - how's life been? And also how's life been around here in TSR lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Molly_xox)
    It infuriates me that people attack and kill others in the name of Allah. Is this what your God really wants? Your all-merciful, all-loving God? I will just never understand.

RIP unnamed victim I hope severe justice is served. <3

Posted from TSR Mobile
    These actions are condemned in Islam and by every muslim, know that.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bude8)
    Ok Latin was the easiest exam ever, it was so faceroll. I finished in 25 minutes (we had an hour), and I reckon I can get 100% on that. Even the year 8s could do it.
    Is Latin easier than Modern Foreign Languages or something? because they are so hard.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dalek1099)
    Is Latin easier than Modern Foreign Languages or something? because they are so hard.
    Your academic info section is more detailed than Fish's... *cries*

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dalek1099)
    x
    Holy crap Dalek, it's been a while, how's life been? What did you think of the Name of the Doctor? Who do you think Hurt plays?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.