Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Stan is las

ReputationRep:
    Come on do it!

ReputationRep:
    he ****ing did it!

ReputationRep:
    Absolutely gutted for Djokovic, he played amazing to come through Nadal and Andy but he just came up against Wawrinka who played unbelievably! The dream for the career slam goes on for another year

ReputationRep:
    wow...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lizzy95)
    Wawrinka has just played incredibly, gutted for Novak but he just came up against something too good this time
    Your prediction actually turned out to be correct. Wawrinka did win it in 4 sets max.

Now if only you had put some money on it, you could have made a massive return. Odds for Wawrinka to win were 6.8, with something around 20 to win 3-1.

ReputationRep:
    Wawrinka was absolutely brilliant

ReputationRep:
    woop woop Stan the Man does it!

gota feel for Novak though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hskjlclcn)
    Stan in 4 for me.. but nobody cares.

Gasquet is coming for you Wimbledon!
    Ahem.. called it.

ReputationRep:
    Once a choker always a choker. Stan too good.

ReputationRep:
    Stan. The. Man.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eugenius 8)
    woop woop Stan the Man does it!

gota feel for Novak though
    I know. Stan deserved it after that performance.

ReputationRep:
    King Stannis Wawrinka

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by asr11)
    King Stannis Wawrinka
    Giant Killer

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=snowman77;56706877]Your prediction actually turned out to be correct. Wawrinka did win it in 4 sets max.

Now if only you had put some money on it, you could have made a massive return. Odds for Wawrinka to win were 6.8, with something around 20 to win 3-1.[/QUOT

Yep, very ironic indeed, would've loved to be wrong but Stan managed to keep his form throughout the tournament and that's what saw him over the line. When he's at his best I don't think anyone can beat him, consistency is what keeps him from the absolute pinacle of the sport.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xotol)
    Once a choker always a choker. Stan too good.
    Disappointed as a Djokovic fan but it was more Stan's brilliance than Djokovic choking. The best man won, privilege to see Stan's shot making and I'm happy that he's been able to win a slam without any naysayers pointing to any asterisks.

ReputationRep:
    Congrats Stan!! What a staggering display of power hitting!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hskjlclcn)
    Ahem.. called it.
    So did I, once Novak's match went over 2 days given how Stan's been playing I went with him in 4. Hoped I'd be proved wrong but Stan didn't disappoint, that's for sure

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lizzy95)
    So did I, once Novak's match went over 2 days given how Stan's been playing I went with him in 4. Hoped I'd be proved wrong but Stan didn't disappoint, that's for sure
    Nah I don't buy the few people saying Novak lost this match, Stanimal deffo won it. Djokovic Will win the US but I don't think Wimbledon!

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.