Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fallen_acorns)
    think one day we need a moment like this on the TSR football forum:

Football forum requires controversy and arguments. As long as it doesn't get long winded with 20 pages of ad hom arguments for every 30 pages of discussion.

If everybody is respectful towards each other it gets boring. It's a student forum, nobody actually has big beef with anybody. We don't know many if any of the people on these forums and to take it really to heart what somebody says here is just a lack of any cojones. Certain people do take it to heart though. Not naming names.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tom_Ford)

Babe, I just have so many feelings. :cry2: Hold me?
    its ok, let it all out.. dont let anyone tell you that crying makes you less of a man..

Now lets go talk to the mods about those mean big boys in the football threads and how they are picking on poor little posters..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam278)
    Football forum requires controversy and arguments. As long as it doesn't get long winded with 20 pages of ad hom arguments for every 30 pages of discussion.

If everybody is respectful towards each other it gets boring. It's a student forum, nobody actually has big beef with anybody. We don't know many if any of the people on these forums and to take it really to heart what somebody says here is just a lack of any cojones.

This forum is what the majority of TSR used to be 6 years ago, before there was a crack down on fun/taking the mick etc.

There is a reason why I only ever come on this part any more, and its what you have just described

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fallen_acorns)
    its ok, let it all out.. dont let anyone tell you that crying makes you less of a man..

Now lets go talk to the mods about those mean big boys in the football threads and how they are picking on poor little posters..
    I don't want to fight anymore. I just want to love.

Slow down, Lie down,
    Remember it's just you and me.
    Don't sell out, bow out,
    Remember how this used to be.

Grant my last request,
    And just let me hold you.
    Don't shrug your shoulders,
    Lay down decide me.
    Sure I can accept that we're going nowhere,
    But one last time let's go there.

ReputationRep:
    Anyway take any discussion to the misc thread about this. Want to actually talk about football.

So Cazorla, Ozil, Sanchez, Arteta, Ramsey and Giroud to start on saturday?

I like the 4-1-4-1. Feel you had more protection, Arteta has more freedom to play as well.

I think the real problem is having Arteta and Ozil in central positions, it means that you can intercept the ball quickly and run through the middle. 4-1-4-1 without Ozil in the middle means that there is more protection and Arteta has the freedom to play rather than rely highly on defensive duty and offensive duty like he does in the 4-2-3-1.

Think Arsene thought this through quite well in fact.

ReputationRep:
    Anyway take any discussion to the misc thread about this. Want to actually talk about football.

I like the 4-1-4-1. Feel you had more protection, Arteta has more freedom to play as well.

I think the real problem is having Arteta and Ozil in central positions, it means that you can intercept the ball quickly and run through the middle. 4-1-4-1 without Ozil in the middle means that there is more protection and Arteta has the freedom to play rather than rely highly on defensive duty and offensive duty like he does in the 4-2-3-1.

has there been news/an announcement or something? thought ozil was out of the first game due to WC

ReputationRep:
    I like top apartments tbf. There's so much more space in the living room. Parties seem easier to do as well.

If I had a top quality flat I'd take that over a very good house. Unless I get a mansion/ridiculous plot of land ofc.
    This is why I mentioned the Bishops avenue. It's just off Holloway road so around 10-15 mins from the Emirates and they have absolutely stunning mansions there. Like ridiculously beautiful

ReputationRep:

I don't think any of our Germans will start. They came back to training this week so won't be match fit. Might be benched and be brought on near the end to get a run around but I even doubt that.

I think our line up will be pretty much the same as Sunday's

ReputationRep:
    we might not even have Kosc, Monreal and Chambers at CB then lol. Germans won't be back till the Everton game (miss the CL qual too).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kim-Jong-Illest)
    we might not even have Kosc, Monreal and Chambers at CB then lol. Germans won't be back till the Everton game (miss the CL qual too).
    Of the match, which will be shown live on Sky Sports, the Frenchman is confident of being able to call on the services of defender Laurent Koscielny.

"He should be back, he had an Achilles problem and will have his final test today but should be available," he said.

“The Germans who played in the World Cup finals are not ready yet. They are continuing their programme of preparation. The earliest they can be considered again is Everton next weekend.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/n...parted-company

Hopefully Kosc should be ready

ReputationRep:
    We haven't been linked with anyone, is the transfer window always this quiet around this time ;(

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    We haven't been linked with anyone, is the transfer window always this quiet around this time ;(
    It's the calm before the storm, only 2 weeks left. Arsene said in an interview a while back that the last few weeks will be the busiest. The club know we need a CB and DM, and are probably working on that, don't see us getting a ST sadly, but one can only hope.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Bendtner to Wolfsburg lol, guy will be a beast watch.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kim-Jong-Illest)
    Bendtner to Wolfsburg lol, guy will be a beast watch.
    He will get a transfer to Bayern. World class mate.

ReputationRep:
    If Bendnter lays off the booze then he can hit 15 goals in Germany imho, Wolfburg are a good team these days.

ReputationRep:
    does vengah ever learn

we are going to have Mikel 'fridge carrying' Arteta start 40+ games again this season.

watch players breeze past Mr Mover game after game after game

vengah puts too much trust in his players.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Peggles_*)
    It's the calm before the storm, only 2 weeks left. Arsene said in an interview a while back that the last few weeks will be the busiest. The club know we need a CB and DM, and are probably working on that, don't see us getting a ST sadly, but one can only hope.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    We're getting Mbia or Tiote mate. #Big.Signing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tom_Ford)
    We're getting Mbia or Tiote mate. #Big.Signing
    Did you just put a dot in a hashtag?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by e aí rapaz)
    Did you just put a dot in a hastag?

Dramatic effect. You know **** is going down when there is a dot in a hashtag. Frankly, if we get Mbia or Tiote I'm just going to refuse to go to see any matches, it'd be an insult to this great club to have those two clowns wearing the shirt. Not even exagerrating either, I'd go awol.

ReputationRep:
    btw what happened to 419?

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: September 22, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.