Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I received my documents back after they were scanned for the NHS bursary and it's been a week but my scanned documents don't seem to be attached anywhere on my online BOSS account.

Could I be looking in the wrong place? It says on their site it can take up to 1 working day for scanned documents to become visible - but a week ?

Could anyone direct me to where they can be seen?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TiramisuGoomba)
    I received my documents back after they were scanned for the NHS bursary and it's been a week but my scanned documents don't seem to be attached anywhere on my online BOSS account.

Could I be looking in the wrong place? It says on their site it can take up to 1 working day for scanned documents to become visible - but a week ?

Could anyone direct me to where they can be seen?
    Didn't even know you could see them and its my second year applying lol.

I just have the correspondence down the right hand side where the letter confirming your award can be found.

ReputationRep:
    Maybe you can't actually see it then! I think the wording on the page is a bit misleading. When I spoke to them about it thry assured me it had been scanned in and it's in a queue waiting to be processed. They didn't mention anything about it being visible back to the applicants.

I won't worry.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by saraw26)
    Hey, I've just finished my first year of SaLT at BCU - if you have any questions, feel free to ask :yep:

Hi! How was your first year? I've just got back home for summer. I've passed the year
    Hi! I was just wondering if you could give any details on what the first year timetable has been like? Thanks in advance

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fayeowen90)
    Hi! I was just wondering if you could give any details on what the first year timetable has been like? Thanks in advance
    Hey! The timetable wasn't too bad. Most days were 9/10am - 3/4pm and we had most Wednesdays off as a study day. We'd have the odd 7pm finish now and then, but that normally meant a later start or really long lunch, so it was worth it

ReputationRep:
    Anyone know what the DMU first year timetable is like? Thanks in advance!

ReputationRep:
    Hey! The timetable wasn't too bad. Most days were 9/10am - 3/4pm and we had most Wednesdays off as a study day. We'd have the odd 7pm finish now and then, but that normally meant a later start or really long lunch, so it was worth it
    Thanks that sounds about what I was expecting Just trying to figure out working part time and I'm getting married the end of May next year so probably bang on exam time? :eek: my head might explode!!

ReputationRep:
    Nice one!

Yeah, it's so varied - but at least that way, people will always have strengths in areas

Hahaha! Yes! 4 exams, and about 5 or 6 assignments :lol:
    Results are in - I passed year 1 yay!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AmyPilot)
    Congratulations Amy. Well done!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shropshirelass51)
    Congratulations Amy. Well done!
    Thank you so much! Just so relieved/happy - no resits yippee

ReputationRep:
    YAY!!! Awesome news Amy, well done you! I think you really deserve it after how awesome you've been to everyone on here applying this year!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JaaySLT)
    YAY!!! Awesome news Amy, well done you! I think you really deserve it after how awesome you've been to everyone on here applying this year!!
    Oh shucks - thank you!

ReputationRep:
    Congrats Amy!

ReputationRep:
    It's july.

Next month it's August

Then September

Then uni.

What is happening.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JordanC55)
    It's july.

Next month it's August

Then September

Then uni.

What is happening.
    Time flies when your having fun lol.

Just enjoy the summer - atleast you don't have the "waiting for exam results" stress - which believe me spoiled my fun last year! Going to make the most of this one!

And thanks for the congrats

ReputationRep:
    Time flies when your having fun lol.

Just enjoy the summer - atleast you don't have the "waiting for exam results" stress - which believe me spoiled my fun last year! Going to make the most of this one!

And thanks for the congrats
    Yeah I know I feel lucky but in the same regard it makes the wait feel a bit longer haha!

You excited to go into 2nd year

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JordanC55)
    Yeah I know I feel lucky but in the same regard it makes the wait feel a bit longer haha!

You excited to go into 2nd year
    The wait will be worth it though so hang tough!

Yeah looking forward to year 2 - though its mostly psychology next year - just one SLT unit with the new starters from this thread - new classmates/new faces hahaha! Just relieved no resits to worry about so can relax and enjoy my summer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fayeowen90)
    Thanks that sounds about what I was expecting Just trying to figure out working part time and I'm getting married the end of May next year so probably bang on exam time? :eek: my head might explode!!
    We have plenty of people who have jobs, children, and actually some who have/are getting married - you should be okay

ReputationRep:
    Hi Everyone, I’m a mature students and plan on applying for postgrad and undergraduate SALT courses for a September 2016 start. Sorry, I realise this is a thread for 2015 starters but it seemed like the best place to ask for help.

So far, I'm planning on applying to Newcastle and Sheffield for the postgraduate courses and then 5 undergrad courses (prioritising the 3/3.5 year routes).

The issue I'm facing, mostly with reference to the undergraduate entry requirements, is that they all ask for evidence of recent academic study within the last five years. I graduated six years ago (2009) with a 2:1BSc in Modern Languages (including some linguistics modules) and am trying to figure out how lenient the unis are when it comes to this 5 year rule.

From your experience, should I do a relevant Access to HE Module to improve my chances of getting to interview stage and satisfying this entry requirement??
    I obviously wouldn't be able to complete a one year access module by the time I apply but it'll be clear from application that it's in progress if that counts for something.

By the time of application for undergrad roles (Jan2016), I will have spent over 9 months developing what I believe to be a profile of relevant experience via voluntary roles (Scope, Stroke Association,Catch 22 Charity, Afasic Wales,Christleton High School SEN TA work) assisting a range of adults and children with communication and learning difficulties.

I hope to have also spent over 1 full week shadowing Speech and Language Therapists in practice. I doubt I'll be able toget much more than this and totally realise it's about quality, not quantity.

I will also have gained paid work experience during this time as a part-time Numeracy/Literacy Tutor. In addition to this, I completed a TEFL award in 2013, have recently completed Makaton training (neither being ‘credit bearing’ courses)and have gained further paid experience through over 2 years of English teaching overseas and work in the UK charity sector. This is all sounding very CVish sorry..I just wanted to explain a bit about my work experience as this seems to be highly valued potentially more than the fact that I graduated 6 years ago.

What would current students advise in my situation? I think there is funding available for Access Courses if I really need to do this to meet entry requirements but it's not clearly stated how clear cut this rule is and I'd hope that my voluntary experience would make up for this...but who knows! I’mprepared to do it if I really need to.

Thanks so much for your time and advice Really appreciated. Good luck with your studies.

Richard

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by richardwr)
    Hi Everyone, I’m a mature students and plan on applying for postgrad and undergraduate SALT courses for a September 2016 start. Sorry, I realise this is a thread for 2015 starters but it seemed like the best place to ask for help.

So far, I'm planning on applying to Newcastle and Sheffield for the postgraduate courses and then 5 undergrad courses (prioritising the 3/3.5 year routes).

The issue I'm facing, mostly with reference to the undergraduate entry requirements, is that they all ask for evidence of recent academic study within the last five years. I graduated six years ago (2009) with a 2:1BSc in Modern Languages (including some linguistics modules) and am trying to figure out how lenient the unis are when it comes to this 5 year rule.

From your experience, should I do a relevant Access to HE Module to improve my chances of getting to interview stage and satisfying this entry requirement??
    I obviously wouldn't be able to complete a one year access module by the time I apply but it'll be clear from application that it's in progress if that counts for something.

By the time of application for undergrad roles (Jan2016), I will have spent over 9 months developing what I believe to be a profile of relevant experience via voluntary roles (Scope, Stroke Association,Catch 22 Charity, Afasic Wales,Christleton High School SEN TA work) assisting a range of adults and children with communication and learning difficulties.

I hope to have also spent over 1 full week shadowing Speech and Language Therapists in practice. I doubt I'll be able toget much more than this and totally realise it's about quality, not quantity.

I will also have gained paid work experience during this time as a part-time Numeracy/Literacy Tutor. In addition to this, I completed a TEFL award in 2013, have recently completed Makaton training (neither being ‘credit bearing’ courses)and have gained further paid experience through over 2 years of English teaching overseas and work in the UK charity sector. This is all sounding very CVish sorry..I just wanted to explain a bit about my work experience as this seems to be highly valued potentially more than the fact that I graduated 6 years ago.

What would current students advise in my situation? I think there is funding available for Access Courses if I really need to do this to meet entry requirements but it's not clearly stated how clear cut this rule is and I'd hope that my voluntary experience would make up for this...but who knows! I’mprepared to do it if I really need to.

Thanks so much for your time and advice Really appreciated. Good luck with your studies.

Richard
    Hi,
    I have been offered a place at BCU for the undergraduate course for September. I am a mature student and have a BA in Social Science and an MA in Early Childhood. I am not 100% sure, but think Uni's are fairly strict on the recent recent study requirement. I sent a reference from a school I was working in and this was not considered adequate and I was asked to supply an academic reference of recent / current study. I was taking a psychology course with the Open University and was able to do this, My offer was unconditional, probably because I had also studied and passed a psychology module the year before. I know other graduates who have taken the access course and done psychology A level and they have have been offered places subject to passing them at an appropriate level.

It sounds like you have a wide range of experience to draw upon in your application. It may be worth emailing individual Universities about their recent study criteria so you know where you stand. Good luck.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 7, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.