Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bude8)
    Yup, them calculations! If you like that sort of thing you should watch No Game No Life too :lol: although there are some references to other animes/games in there that you might not get :lol:

I've read the Kuroko manga which has finished but I won't spoil it for you
    I would read it but the show is so amazingly animated that I'm willing to wait. Will S3 be the final one then?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Red Fox)
    I would read it but the show is so amazingly animated that I'm willing to wait. Will S3 be the final one then?
    Hmm I'm not actually sure, the manga got to the point where they scored only one point in the entire chapter, I think S4 is a possibility.There's a flashback arc too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MangoFreak)
    That's great I might do German AS/A2 during my gap year.
    Wahhhhh there is no such thing as a lazy year for you! 😝

(Original post by L'Evil Fish)
    Lazy lazy lazy. I'm a weird type of lazy, like I won't do what I'm meant to do because I cba, but I'll do things that probably take more effort than that... Idk.
    Phewwwww, that's one less problem to think about
    How is A2 French self study going?
    And why were you even worried about making friends when you are famous enough to have your TSR username come up under google search suggestions... You're well known...at least among the student body of the universities you want to go to ^^

And I worte you a song in Dutch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bude8)
    Hmm I'm not actually sure, the manga got to the point where they scored only one point in the entire chapter, I think S4 is a possibility.There's a flashback arc too.
    Yeah I've heard about the flashback arc, should be good. It's about their time at Teiko isn't it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Red Fox)
    Yeah I've heard about the flashback arc, should be good. It's about their time at Teiko isn't it?
    Yup, it's good to learn about their history I think

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thatitootoo)
    Wahhhhh there is no such thing as a lazy year for you! 😝

How is A2 French self study going?
    And why were you even worried about making friends when you are famous enough to have your TSR username come up under google search suggestions... You're well known...at least among the student body of the universities you want to go to ^^

And I worte you a song in Dutch
    Lol, I had to write some essays for her, and she said I hadn't lost my touch wooo and oral assistant said she's impressed I'm still able to speak. But yeah, I don't really do anything out of hours unless she specifically asks. Like she's suggested I do other essays but not essential so that means not doing them lol

Haha yeah, I'll wear my TSR badge

Lol when I see your songs all I see is the same word repeated so I don't get it

ReputationRep:
    Lol, I had to write some essays for her, and she said I hadn't lost my touch wooo and oral assistant said she's impressed I'm still able to speak. But yeah, I don't really do anything out of hours unless she specifically asks. Like she's suggested I do other essays but not essential so that means not doing them lol

Haha yeah, I'll wear my TSR badge

Lol when I see your songs all I see is the same word repeated so I don't get it
    Dayumm!! 😝 You need to write a book on how to effortlessly morph into a French speaker in like 18 months! lol but yhh that's really good

OMG YOU SHOULD TOTALLY WEAR A BADGE WITH YOUR USERNAME ON IT + THAT FISH YOU'RE FOREVER KEEPING AS YOUR DISPLAY PIC! :lol: 😂

ReputationRep:
    Dayumm!! 😝 You need to write a book on how to effortlessly morph into a French speaker in like 18 months! lol but yhh that's really good

OMG YOU SHOULD TOTALLY WEAR A BADGE WITH YOUR USERNAME ON IT + THAT FISH YOU'RE FOREVER KEEPING AS YOUR DISPLAY PIC! :lol: 😂
    It's weird though, like when I speak with her and that, I find my French goes quite bad compared to when I'm not around her. I think i get nervous I make silly mistakes, but when I just speak out loud randomly I speak a lot better because I don't fear the judgement haha

Its a TSR badge, no name :lol: quite nice though. I can't change my pic now... Unless someone finds me a better evil fish

Although I did one on paint which was pretty cool 2

ReputationRep:
    I always keep forgetting about TSR. I have bursts of coming on here every so often... This is my first post since being in Year 13..

If you're interested in how I got on in my results and how I'm getting on so far this year you can read it below.
    I'll put it in a spoiler box because I'm sure there will be more people that don't want to see than those who do.

Spoiler:
    Show

Results day..

Maths - U
    German - D
    Sociology - C
    Psychology - C

Not great, but could have been a lot worse. Considering I didn't exactly take last year seriously I think I've done relatively well. In a way I'm glad I got those results because now I know that if I really push myself I can get some decent grades this year.

I dropped Maths after the exams, so I started A2 with just the three subjects I wanted to carry on in the first place, rather than having to decide after summer.

My predicted grades are;

Sociology: A/B
    Psychology: C
    German: C/D

(The grades in bold are the ones that were put on my UCAS application)

UCAS Application

I've applied to do Sociology at Kent (ABB), Loughborough (BBB), Sheffield Hallam (BBC), Salford (BCC), Portsmouth (CCC).

So far my application was sent off on Nov 18th and as of today (Nov 22nd) I've already been given an offer from Portsmouth (although to be honest I don't really want to go there.... ).

ReputationRep:
    It's weird though, like when I speak with her and that, I find my French goes quite bad compared to when I'm not around her. I think i get nervous I make silly mistakes, but when I just speak out loud randomly I speak a lot better because I don't fear the judgement haha

Its a TSR badge, no name :lol: quite nice though. I can't change my pic now... Unless someone finds me a better evil fish

Although I did one on paint which was pretty cool 2
    That makes sense! 'Cause if you were to make a mistake with the others...they wouldn't notice! So you could easily erase it from your memory in that situation :mmm:

Nawwwh

(Original post by pizzanomics)
    I always keep forgetting about TSR. I have bursts of coming on here every so often... This is my first post since being in Year 13..

If you're interested in how I got on in my results and how I'm getting on so far this year you can read it below.
    I'll put it in a spoiler box because I'm sure there will be more people that don't want to see than those who do.

Spoiler:
    Show

Results day..

Maths - U
    German - D
    Sociology - C
    Psychology - C

Not great, but could have been a lot worse. Considering I didn't exactly take last year seriously I think I've done relatively well. In a way I'm glad I got those results because now I know that if I really push myself I can get some decent grades this year.

I dropped Maths after the exams, so I started A2 with just the three subjects I wanted to carry on in the first place, rather than having to decide after summer.

My predicted grades are;

Sociology: A/B
    Psychology: C
    German: C/D

(The grades in bold are the ones that were put on my UCAS application)

UCAS Application

I've applied to do Sociology at Kent (ABB), Loughborough (BBB), Sheffield Hallam (BBC), Salford (BCC), Portsmouth (CCC).

So far my application was sent off on Nov 18th and as of today (Nov 22nd) I've already been given an offer from Portsmouth (although to be honest I don't really want to go there.... ).
    Repped 'cause it's always refreshing to see a poster that's not a straight A* student around here :rolleyes:
    It's awesome that you're continuing with Deutsch - I'm also a student of the German language Since you study Sociology as well, you will probably fare better with the A2 topics...which are all about issue in contemproary society and all of that! Good luck with your application - hope you get some more offers soon! The wait must be 'schrecklich'

ReputationRep:
    Repped 'cause it's always refreshing to see a poster that's not a straight A* student around here :rolleyes:
    It's awesome that you're continuing with Deutsch - I'm also a student of the German language Since you study Sociology as well, you will probably fare better with the A2 topics...which are all about issue in contemproary society and all of that! Good luck with your application - hope you get some more offers soon! The wait must be 'schrecklich' ������
    Thanks I guess haha.

Yeah, I'm finding the A2 topics a lot more interesting and easier to talk about than the AS topics. I regularly bring in basic knowledge from Sociology. I think any language is cool to have under your belt anyway. I don't think I'd be able to stand another year of learning German intensely, but I'm definitely going to keep it going after I finish the course - I find it strangely fun/rewarding to learn it, and you never know when you might need it again!

Thank you! I wouldn't say it's schrecklich though... More like furchtbar.

ReputationRep:
    Exeter giving me an A*A*A offer initially was really good for me since it made the choice easier between there and Bath (A*AA). Now Exeter have lowered their offer to equal Bath's, and I'm in a dilemma as to which to place as my firm. =/
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by NikolaT)
    Exeter giving me an A*A*A offer initially was really good for me since it made the choice easier between there and Bath (A*AA). Now Exeter have lowered their offer to equal Bath's, and I'm in a dilemma as to which to place as my firm. =/
    Bath is awesome. Would've easily put it down as one of my choices had I met the grade requirements

Have you been to both? Which one would you be more comfortable with living in for three years?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by drowninginsound)
    To jam just means to mess around and play stuff with other people, not always improvising. Though I don't do enough of either.

Well I've never been at any boarding schools, but Bath looked pretty nice to me. Wouldn't mind living there at all. What's your room like?
    I'm thinking of buying a small practice amp for home/room use, can you recommend any decent ones? I've heard some things about Orange Amps, but I don't really want to spend more than £100. I'm currently using an AM Plug.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bude8)
    I'm thinking of buying a small practice amp for home/room use, can you recommend any decent ones? I've heard some things about Orange Amps, but I don't really want to spend more than £100. I'm currently using an AM Plug.
    Orange amps are great, I literally just bought one a couple of weeks ago. I use it for practice but it's good enough that I used it at a gig and it sounded fab (well, at least I thought so). Roland do some good small amps too, I've got a little red one that's lovely. I'll send you some links in a bit, because I don't know the exact models.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bude8)
    X
    This is a really decent Orange amp, I've got the slightly bigger 35 watt version but this should be more than enough for practice!
    http://www.gear4music.com/Guitar-and...ects-Black/QBX

My friend's got one of these and said it's pretty cool:
    http://www.gear4music.com/Guitar-and...lifier-Red/TXQ

I've got the Roland StreetCube which is great, but probably a bit bigger than what you're after. If you're able to get down to a largish music store at some point to try out some amps that'd be best, but if you're happy going off online reviews and recommendations etc that's fine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by drowninginsound)
    This is a really decent Orange amp, I've got the slightly bigger 35 watt version but this should be more than enough for practice!
    http://www.gear4music.com/Guitar-and...ects-Black/QBX

My friend's got one of these and said it's pretty cool:
    http://www.gear4music.com/Guitar-and...lifier-Red/TXQ

I've got the Roland StreetCube which is great, but probably a bit bigger than what you're after. If you're able to get down to a largish music store at some point to try out some amps that'd be best, but if you're happy going off online reviews and recommendations etc that's fine.
    Ah nice, 5 year warranties are so cheap! Never knew that

Quite like the look of the Orange though

ReputationRep:
    I do get the distinct feeling that I'm interrupting something so -my apologies- but does anyone else feel ready to go to university NOW and totally reluctant to go through the actual 'getting-the-grades-to-get-in' process?! I'm suffering dreadfully! Help!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alily)
    I do get the distinct feeling that I'm interrupting something so -my apologies- but does anyone else feel ready to go to university NOW and totally reluctant to go through the actual 'getting-the-grades-to-get-in' process?! I'm suffering dreadfully! Help!
    Hmmmm... I'm not sure how I feel actually. On one hand I don't want to grow up, and do uni and life.

On the other hand, I want to start fresh and at uni, because meh.

Bleurgh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bude8)
    Ah nice, 5 year warranties are so cheap! Never knew that

Quite like the look of the Orange though
    The Orange one is great, I was going to get it but decided to splash out on the next size up in case I needed it for gigs. The built-in effects are gorgeous though, particularly the reverb.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.