Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ahb123)
    I've emailed edexcel as integrating 3^x is not explained in the textbook so they shouldn't really ask a question on it!
    it says if y=a^x , dy/dx = a^x lna
    dont chat

Grade boundaries??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ahb123)
    I've emailed edexcel as integrating 3^x is not explained in the textbook so they shouldn't really ask a question on it!
    omgg exactly! had a massive go at my teacher for no teaching us that but its not even on the specification! wtf

ReputationRep:
    For 8 d when subbing the values in I said 3^0= 3 instead of 1. Everything else in the integration was right and if I put it equals 1 I would have got the right answer. (I used the integral = 3^(2x)/(2ln3) ). How many marks would I lose for this? would it be possible to still get 100 ums?

ReputationRep:
    Stats: 74 Ums (already done)

Raw marks:
    C1: 65-68
    C2: 70-72
    M1: 50-60
    C3: 55-62
    C4: 61-66

Maaan, getting that A is gonna be close :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jackw220697)
    C1: 87 ums
    C2: 83 ums
    C3:62/75
    C4: 52/75
    D1: 65/75
    S1: 74 ums
    Anyone have any idea what this would be? thanks
    http://umstools.sourceforge.net/demo...tor&target=gce

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by swagprincess)
    omgg exactly! had a massive go at my teacher for no teaching us that but its not even on the specification! wtf
    It's in the formual book (as shown below) and then u just use chain rule.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by swagprincess)
    It is on the spec, you could integrate it by substitution or by parts, very do-able

ReputationRep:
    Hi anyone who will respond

I think I have achieved 67 in C3 and 69 in C4 (both 2015).Is this likely to be an A*? (I need A* in maths for my offer)

also how many marks will I lose - on 7c I got Sin2t= 2ln(3/2) but me being daft forgot my calculator was in degrees and ended up with 27.something years???

Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Ahhh guys i had a migraine and really messed up this paper, does anyone know what UMS 27/75 will roughly be?
    PLEASE HELP, really stresseddddddddddddddddd

ReputationRep:
    http://www93.zippyshare.com/v/sxvc4j9n/file.html

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AlexObertan)
    Ahhh guys i had a migraine and really messed up this paper, does anyone know what UMS 27/75 will roughly be?
    PLEASE HELP, really stresseddddddddddddddddd
    if the boundary is in your favour, might pull off 40%. what do you need for maths anyway?

ReputationRep:
    Would 67 in C3 and 65 in C4 scrape me an A*?

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys, I think I did ok but made a really silly mistake on the last qu, I forgot to put the pi in front of the integral when finding the volume; apart from this I got everything in that qu correct, how many marks do you think I'd lose?
    Also if I got 66/75 in c3 and around 70 to 72 in c4 is that enough for an A*?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by saycheese:))
    if the boundary is in your favour, might pull off 40%. what do you need for maths anyway?
    Thanks! Need a B for maths, which after today looks unlikely

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know how many marks would you need for pass?...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AlexObertan)
    Thanks! Need a B for maths, which after today looks unlikely
    you might still get it depending on what you got for the rest though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rohan1811)
    your mums ass
    shut up you weasely c unt

ReputationRep:
    Why do I seem to be the only one who didn't get many answers and felt this paper was worse than the c3 one? I needed an A for uni but it looks like I'll be getting a B or a a C

ReputationRep:
    After taking 10 mins to understand the "Math error", Arsey had to put a little note to himself in the mark scheme saying "READ THE QUESTION", what a legend

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.