The Student Room Group

Edexcel A2 C4 Mathematics June 2015 - Official Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ahb123
I've emailed edexcel as integrating 3^x is not explained in the textbook so they shouldn't really ask a question on it!

omgg exactly! had a massive go at my teacher for no teaching us that but its not even on the specification! wtf
For 8 d when subbing the values in I said 3^0= 3 instead of 1. Everything else in the integration was right and if I put it equals 1 I would have got the right answer. (I used the integral = 3^(2x)/(2ln3) ). How many marks would I lose for this? would it be possible to still get 100 ums?
Stats: 74 Ums (already done)

Raw marks:
C1: 65-68
C2: 70-72
M1: 50-60
C3: 55-62
C4: 61-66

Maaan, getting that A is gonna be close :/
Original post by swagprincess
omgg exactly! had a massive go at my teacher for no teaching us that but its not even on the specification! wtf

It's in the formual book (as shown below) and then u just use chain rule.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jackw220697
C1: 87 ums
C2: 83 ums
C3:62/75
C4: 52/75
D1: 65/75
S1: 74 ums
Anyone have any idea what this would be? thanks

http://umstools.sourceforge.net/demo/www/index.php?p=calculator&target=gce
Original post by swagprincess

It is on the spec, you could integrate it by substitution or by parts, very do-able
Hi anyone who will respond

I think I have achieved 67 in C3 and 69 in C4 (both 2015).Is this likely to be an A*? (I need A* in maths for my offer)

also how many marks will I lose - on 7c I got Sin2t= 2ln(3/2) but me being daft forgot my calculator was in degrees and ended up with 27.something years???

Thanks!
Ahhh guys i had a migraine and really messed up this paper, does anyone know what UMS 27/75 will roughly be?
PLEASE HELP, really stresseddddddddddddddddd
Original post by AlexObertan
Ahhh guys i had a migraine and really messed up this paper, does anyone know what UMS 27/75 will roughly be?
PLEASE HELP, really stresseddddddddddddddddd

if the boundary is in your favour, might pull off 40%. what do you need for maths anyway?
Would 67 in C3 and 65 in C4 scrape me an A*?
Hi guys, I think I did ok but made a really silly mistake on the last qu, I forgot to put the pi in front of the integral when finding the volume; apart from this I got everything in that qu correct, how many marks do you think I'd lose?
Also if I got 66/75 in c3 and around 70 to 72 in c4 is that enough for an A*?
Original post by saycheese:)
if the boundary is in your favour, might pull off 40%. what do you need for maths anyway?

Thanks! Need a B for maths, which after today looks unlikely :frown:
Reply 3613

Does anyone know how many marks would you need for pass?...
Original post by AlexObertan
Thanks! Need a B for maths, which after today looks unlikely :frown:

you might still get it depending on what you got for the rest though
Reply 3615
Original post by rohan1811
your mums ass

shut up you weasely c unt
Why do I seem to be the only one who didn't get many answers and felt this paper was worse than the c3 one? I needed an A for uni but it looks like I'll be getting a B or a a C
After taking 10 mins to understand the "Math error", Arsey had to put a little note to himself in the mark scheme saying "READ THE QUESTION", what a legend
Original post by jackw220697
C1: 87 ums
C2: 83 ums
C3:62/75
C4: 52/75
D1: 65/75
S1: 74 ums
Anyone have any idea what this would be? thanks

You need to get 480 out of 600ums to get an A so add them to see if you make 480!

Posted from TSR Mobile
went from an A* mark from c3 to a B after c4 because I had a B from AS level, chances of me getting an A is impossible after today

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending