Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Put in a cheeky 40m bid for Aguero hehe

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by All Day)
    Well, back to the point, I can see Walcott being frozen out and underused at you guys.

Managers of top teams like more from their strikers than just running in behind and good finishing, which is all Walcott offers.
    I wasn't saying we'd realistically sign him. Could have happened around 12/13 but we have better options now and, as shown with Salah, play a style which wouldn't suit a player like Walcott so much.

Anyway, firstly, I doubt he'd go to us from Arsenal, I doubt Wenger would sell him to us, and most importantly, I think we have more sense than to buy him for £20-30 million - City however???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    * and a quid
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by AR_95)
    Let's hope Real do just that this summer

(Original post by The Shed End)
    Anyway, firstly, I doubt he'd go to us from Arsenal, I doubt Wenger would sell him to us, and most importantly, I think we have more sense than to buy him for £20-30 million - City however???
    City badly need English/home grown players, next season as it stands they only have Hart & Clichy.

ReputationRep:
    * and a quid

Serious though if FFP really does hammer down on them?

Chelsea have Costa and Remy, would you really go for Aguero?
    Liverpool could do with Aguero but I don't see them outbidding us
    UTD need strikers though, and they'll probably pay 80m for him :lol:

That or he eventually goes to Madrid

ReputationRep:
    He'll go to Spain. All the best PL players do tbh, probably try and link up with his bae Messi though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by al_94)
    Drogba has scored 9 goals for Chelsea in cup finals. He scored other big goals like the one vs Man Utd in 2010 to win the league.

What players have Arsenal actually produced in recent years though? It's only really Gibbs, Wilshere and Szczesny who have come through the academy. Look at players like Bendtner, Denilson, Frimpong etc. Wenger got them young and they never got anywhere. Most of Wenger's best work was done many years ago.

http://www.espnfc.com/video/espn-fc-tv/86/video/2319592

Man Utd : 20 League titles and 3 European cups
    Liverpool : 18 Leagie titles and 5 European cups
    Arsenal : 13 League titles and 0 European cups
    We have not exactly got to many cup finals in recent years for Giroud to prove his worth in his first three seasons here. The whole team played badly in these games. Chelsea's team are always filled with world class players to put it to Drogba on a plate.

I am not talking about the academy, the current crop are bottlers yes but the players he has bought from other clubs and developed into world class players is aplenty. Basically, every other generation apart from the current crop have had many gone on from his coaching to become winners. Not his fault that they wanted to leave the club in droves when we were financially unable to challenge. His budget has been very little in recent years and he could have ****ed off to Bayern or somewhere where he would actually be treated with a bit more respect than England. He could have taken an easy job like Jose, or Pep do.

What is your point about the trophy haul comparison? What are you telling me that I do not already know? I stand by what I said, the fans feel entitled based on past glories. Fergie was a one off, Liverpool's era was a one off. The invincibles were a one off.

What you are doing is essentially terrace shouting. This is why I find football unbearable these days, the fans have got bigger platforms to shout their mouths off (e.g. Twitter) and the whole world hears their stupidity. No one actually thinks rationally, it's all kneejerk bull**** and entitlement complexes.

ReputationRep:
    Aguero is the very last asset that City would get rid of. And he's proclaimed loyalty to them.

The only way they're selling him is if Real or Barca make a concerted effort in a few years time.

ReputationRep:
    I'm out, all I'm going to say is, Wenger deserves better than the bull**** he gets on here. Truly think he is too good for this club and the fans are in for a rude awakening if he leaves sooner than expected. If you think United's crumble was bad, wait for the crumble we are in store for when the running of the club goes to **** for a few seasons because Gazidis and his monkeys don't know what the **** they are doing. Wenger is a lot more than just a football manager at this club.

He's a better man than me, if I knew half the *******s the fans say on social media after giving my life to the club, then I would have ****ed off to Bayern/Real/Barca a long time ago.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by AR_95)
    Serious though if FFP really does hammer down on them?

Chelsea have Costa and Remy, would you really go for Aguero?
    Liverpool could do with Aguero but I don't see them outbidding us
    UTD need strikers though, and they'll probably pay 80m for him :lol:

That or he eventually goes to Madrid
    We could offer £300m plus De Gea for Aguero and they wouldn't sell to us.

ReputationRep:
    Why is Aguero being sold even being discussed? He's on a long term contract so city can do what they want tbh. Only team that will buy him/ is capable of buying him is Real.

Still, I'd probably take a bid of £10mil plus Jovetic for Walcott
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Tom_Ford)
    I'm out, all I'm going to say is, Wenger deserves better than the bull**** he gets on here. Truly think he is too good for this club and the fans are in for a rude awakening if he leaves sooner than expected. If you think United's crumble was bad, wait for the crumble we are in store for when the running of the club goes to **** for a few seasons because Gazidis and his monkeys don't know what the **** they are doing. Wenger is a lot more than just a football manager at this club.

He's a better man than me, if I knew half the *******s the fans say on social media after giving my life to the club, then I would have ****ed off to Bayern/Real/Barca a long time ago.
    Wenger IS the club. He has been for 20 years, you may as well rename your stadium the WengerDome because he's the only reason it exists. Him and SAF are the last of their kind, we will never see anyone else like them again.

There are numerous players in your squad who only joined purely because of Wenger, I remember when Ozil joined reading an article about how Wenger personally phoned him and spent hours talking to him, outlining his vision for Arsenal etc. A different manager coming in will be a huge culture shock, no matter how experienced he is.

ReputationRep:
    Lacazette would be a typical Wenger signing tbh, maybe a bit too much like Giroud in that he's top scorer in France, but the guy is rapid.
    Completely different player and situation to Giroud. The only similarity as you say is that they began their careers in France...suprising given they are french eh?

Giroud has turned out to be a decent acquisition but he was 25-26 (ie approaching peak) and scored 2 goals for every 3 games played. He's also a completely different player/build to Laca.

Laca is 21 (aka bare potential) and is scoring a goal a game. He has the potential to be different class to giroud (and I'm an Olivier fanboy). Really can't compare the 2...different players...different situations.

Pretty much like saying that Ribery is too similar to Obertan as they both started out in France

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leinad2012)
    Why is Aguero being sold even being discussed? He's on a long term contract so city can do what they want tbh. Only team that will buy him/ is capable of buying him is Real.

Still, I'd probably take a bid of £10mil plus Jovetic for Walcott
    Yh jovetic would be ace we could use him at cf and ox on the wings then.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Arsenal FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    Arsenal FC Supporter
    Arsenal troll thr- ahem match thread is up:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=3185883

ReputationRep:

Lol wenger has taken us as far as he can. No doubt he's been our greatest but nothing lasts forever. Also he can't go to another club because the power he has will be nowhere near to what he has with us.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ¯\_(ツ)_/¯)
    Lol wenger has taken us as far as he can. No doubt he's been our greatest but nothing lasts forever. Also he can't go to another club because the power he has will be nowhere near to what he has with us.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    He deserves one last big job away from here, like a Barca job if it goes tits up with Enrique.

His work here is done in all honesty. People will not really appreciate him till he is gone and I want him to have a happy end to his career by winning big ears somewhere else. He has earned that. I will smile for him if this happens and support whatever team he takes on. But the man is just too loyal for his own good imo.

ReputationRep:

The crumble won't be as horrific as ours, purely cause we were champions when Sir Alex left. But I agree, your fans should be careful what they wish for. Unless you get an elite manager in, it's going to be tough when he leaves.

(Original post by sr90)
    Him and SAF are the last of their kind, we will never see anyone else like them again.
    Giggsy, as long as he gets his 4-4-2 in full working motion.

ReputationRep:
    Imagine this in a decade or so:

Chelsea managed by Terry
    Arsenal managed by Henry
    United managed by Giggs
    Liverpool managed by Gerrard

Would be epic to see but i still dont rate any of them to go on and be elite managers. Bar maybe Terry, who managed his team to a CL trophy (dont rate Di Mateo).

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Personally, I want Wenger to go and manage France, you never know maybe he'll win the big one while he's at it.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: May 12, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.