The Commons Bar Mk IX - MHoC Chat Thread Watch

This discussion is closed.
JoeL1994
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Aph)
Lawyer? I just found you are in breach of the 2010 equality act, this is a criminal case.
Under what ground is he breaking the Equality Act?
Tanqueray91
  • Study Helper
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Nigel Farage MEP)
I shall take the 75% as it is better than nothing but I feel a bit put out by it. I am sorry it has come to this but the electoral watchdog must be informed of your foul play in this elections. I shall withdraw my complaint if you offer a 99% discount or trade some UKIP popcorn for alcohol.

Mr Speaker, following the real life precendent of the electoral commission finding grants-for-votes, Tower Hamlets mayor guilty of electoral offences, I request Mobbsy91 is found guilty of alcohol-for-votes electoral offences and as such must be banned from standing.
Haha xD We can trade some UKIP popcorn for alcohol!
Tanqueray91
  • Study Helper
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Wow wow wow! Ok, after the massive complaints - we'll revert back to 50% off for everyone! I may buy some drinks for my friends out of my own pocket if I so choose though

Nigel - we can still trade the popcorn for booze though
Aph
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by JoeL1994)
Under what ground is he breaking the Equality Act?
Political ideology is grouped with religion and he's refusing me survice based on that.
Tanqueray91
  • Study Helper
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Aph)
Political ideology is grouped with religion and he's refusing me survice based on that.
I wasn't refusing you any service at all - in fact you were getting better service with 50% off booze...

However, I have made the decision to revert to 50% off for everyone
RayApparently
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Jean-Luc Picard)
everything in the post you quoted is RL Green Party policy I am more than happy with our manifesto on here as well, not only the policies but it looks fab, I don't trust Labour IRL or on here enough to vote for you
I don't see why you wouldn't want to trust us here - its the Greens who are seeming more and more lacklustre with their supposedly eco-friendly ideology.
Aph
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by mobbsy91)
I wasn't refusing you any service at all - in fact you were getting better service with 50% off booze...

However, I have made the decision to revert to 50% off for everyone
You tried to charge me 200%...
Tanqueray91
  • Study Helper
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Aph)
You tried to charge me 200%...
Haha oh yeh, forgot about that lol
JoeL1994
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Aph)
Actually it doesn't discriminate against political ideologies...
Aph
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Actually it doesn't discriminate against political ideologies...
what doesn't?

Haha oh yeh, forgot about that lol
Yeahhh
RayApparently
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
What you're bickering about is a bit sad.
Tanqueray91
  • Study Helper
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by RayApparently)
What you're bickering about is a bit sad.
I know... join me for a whiskey - I shouldn't really be drinking, but **** it all!
RayApparently
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I know... join me for a whiskey - I shouldn't really be drinking, but **** it all!
I'm sure a night cap wouldn't hurt, elections are stressful after all!
JoeL1994
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Aph)
what doesn't?
The Equality Act...it doesn't state that political ideologies are covered in Religious Beliefs at all, it only covers religious and philosophical beliefs and as politics isn't covered by any of the other protected characteristics (age, sex, gender reassignment, disability, marriage/civil partnership, race or sexual orientation) mobbsy isn't actually breaking the law through discrimination.

x
...in which case I shall *hic* have a thatchers for me and a pint for Nigel.
Tanqueray91
  • Study Helper
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I'm sure a night cap wouldn't hurt, elections are stressful after all!
Exactly...

The Equality Act...it doesn't state that political ideologies are covered in Religious Beliefs at all, it only covers religious and philosophical beliefs and as politics isn't covered by any of the other protected characteristics (age, sex, gender reassignment, disability, marriage/civil partnership, race or sexual orientation) mobbsy isn't actually breaking the law through discrimination.

Haha, no problem at all sir!
Jean-Luc Picard
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I don't see why you wouldn't want to trust us here - its the Greens who are seeming more and more lacklustre with their supposedly eco-friendly ideology.
probably because you vote for Labour IRL and it's rather hard for me to trust people that vote for the Westminster Establishment in any colour? how are we lacklustre with it?
Aph
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago

Surely political belief is party of philosophical belief?
RayApparently
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Jean-Luc Picard)
probably because you vote for Labour IRL and it's rather hard for me to trust people that vote for the Westminster Establishment in any colour? how are we lacklustre with it?
You don't trust a lot of decent people then who believe that making the country a bit better is better than protest voting. In fairness I don't trust the RL Greens because I don't believe they have any intention of following up on any of their promises.

Well the first Green-led government didn't do much Green stuff... and now they're re-promising to cap carbon emissions.
RayApparently
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Exactly...
So *hic* what did you think of the manifestos so far?
Tanqueray91
  • Study Helper
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
So *hic* what did you think of the manifestos so far?
Obviously Tories is the best...

I think UKIP have outdone it this time though... tehfrance's is just absolutely brilliant!

To be honest, I haven't actually had time to properly read them all as I've been caught up in other things tongiht as well, but from initial looks, I'm glad some parties are doing EU referendum, and to be fair, the Green's manifesto seems a bit wishy washy in places...
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (114)
17.73%
It's just nice to be back! (177)
27.53%
Not great so far... (229)
35.61%
I want to drop out! (123)
19.13%

Watched Threads