Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by john123412)
    Is there still hope for an A in maths if I got around 58 in c1 d 52 in c2
    You need around 180 raw marks out of 225 for an A so if you get 70+ you should be able too tbh

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bezaleel25)
    You need around 180 raw marks out of 225 for an A so if you get 70+ you should be able too tbh

Posted from TSR Mobile
    omg, so bascially speaking,i got 65 in c1, 43 in c2, so i need 70+ to get an A, but do u think the grade bouandaries will be lower, so maybe 175 marks or something for an A

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by boyyo)
    omg, so bascially speaking,i got 65 in c1, 43 in c2, so i need 70+ to get an A, but do u think the grade bouandaries will be lower, so maybe 175 marks or something for an A
    Yeah it all comes down to UMS tbh, I'm in the same situation as you 67+ in C1 and 40 ish in C2. My ums should be around 88 for C1, 50 for C2 so full marks in S1 will get me literally 2 marks of an A which is 240 ums so kind of a pisstake tbh

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    What do you roughly need in c1 and c2 for full ums

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hey, is there an Edexcel statistics thread?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pikki1234)
    What do you roughly need in c1 and c2 for full ums

Posted from TSR Mobile
    for june 2014 papers:

c1 full marks = full ums (75/75)
    c2 full marks = full ums and 74 out of 75 also got you full ums
    m1 - 70+ out of 75 would have you got you full ums

i would expect similar boundaries for this year with regards to full ums for c1 and c2

ReputationRep:
    Yeah it all comes down to UMS tbh, I'm in the same situation as you 67+ in C1 and 40 ish in C2. My ums should be around 88 for C1, 50 for C2 so full marks in S1 will get me literally 2 marks of an A which is 240 ums so kind of a pisstake tbh

Posted from TSR Mobile
    its gonna be so hard to get full marks thoee, are u planning on retaking c2 next year?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by boyyo)
    its gonna be so hard to get full marks thoee, are u planning on retaking c2 next year?
    Yeah I'm definitely retaking it

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I'm definitely retaking it

Posted from TSR Mobile
    i was hoping for an A* prediction, but with a B i dont think my school will, but im confident ill get better when i retake it thoe

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by boyyo)
    i was hoping for an A* prediction, but with a B i dont think my school will, but im confident ill get better when i retake it thoe
    I was gonna drop it anyways (still am) but i still want an A in maths AS

ReputationRep:
    Do you guys think this paper was harder than last year?
    What do you think the grade boundries will be like?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Raaaas)
    Do you guys think this paper was harder than last year?
    What do you think the grade boundries will be like?
    I did the paper last year, in year 11, too.
    There was one question I literally missed out because I was CLUELESS. According to me, this year was much easier; however, other peeps don't think so (should've prepared tbh).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Normal.Person)
    I did the paper last year, in year 11, too.
    There was one question I literally missed out because I was CLUELESS. According to me, this year was much easier; however, other peeps don't think so (should've prepared tbh).
    Hey! I consider myself to have prepared, and I found this year's paper to be harder. I thought last year's was relatively easy and I got full marks... Admittedly, some do need to prepare better, but it doesn't mean everyone was lazy or whatever!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lainathiel)
    Hey! I consider myself to have prepared, and I found this year's paper to be harder. I thought last year's was relatively easy and I got full marks... Admittedly, some do need to prepare better, but it doesn't mean everyone was lazy or whatever!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Tbh, if you found it hard or somewhat, you werent prepared enough. I was averging 100ums on PPs, but only managed to get As in C1, C2.

ReputationRep:
    This years paper was much easier I agree

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lainathiel)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    LOL, I apologise, maybe 'tis just me then. IDK, just like you found last year's easy and this on hard; I found this year's alright and last year's harder - 'tis all based on opinion (oh and I'm not a private school kid - I think I'm kinda sounding like one :P)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bloom77)
    this years paper was much easier i agree

posted from tsr mobile
    thank you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by naxiv)
    Tbh, if you found it hard or somewhat, you werent prepared enough. I was averging 100ums on PPs, but only managed to get As in C1, C2.
    If you were averaging 100, that means you got some results higher than 100 and some lower...could you teach me how to get >100 UMS, pls?
    (Oh, and you don't do stats, do ya?)

ReputationRep:
    If you were averaging 100, that means you got some results higher than 100 and some lower...could you teach me how to get >100 UMS, pls?
    Someone can get 100ums in all papers and average 100 aswell.........

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Only because S1 is coming next week.
    Mean of 100, 100 and 100 is .........
    The mean is not the only average, you also have median and mode
    Median of 98, 99, 100, 100, 100 is ........
    Mode of 98, 99, 100, 100, 100 is ........

I know, pedantic

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: May 15, 2017

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.