(Original post by Medic_12345)
    Omg!! I've been fished from the pool! Medicine at Homerton college

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Nice!
    What grades did you get ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alow)
    Lucky you. I think medics at Homerton get to go in the new accommodation which is opening this year.
    What do mathmos get?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by physicsmaths)
    What do mathmos get?
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    The library

ReputationRep:
    What do mathmos get?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    West House.

(Original post by Mathemagicien)
    The library
    Bants.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alow)
    West House.

Bants.
    Cheers.
    Is it good?
    How many peopel do you share a kitchen with?
    Can i bring a minifridge?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Cheers.
    Is it good?
    How many peopel do you share a kitchen with?
    Can i bring a minifridge?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It's alright. The desks are pretty big and all rooms are ensuite, underfloor heating, gigabit networking, etc. It's not the most modern but compared to what some people get it's really good.

I think it's around 10 people you share a gyp room with (they're legally not kitchens because too many people share them, so they don't have an oven).

Unless you have medication that needs to be chilled you can't have a minifridge, also you're not allowed anything that heats food that isn't provided (although this doesn't matter as long as you don't get caught).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alow)
    It's alright. The desks are pretty big and all rooms are ensuite, underfloor heating, gigabit networking, etc. It's not the most modern but compared to what some people get it's really good.

I think it's around 10 people you share a gyp room with (they're legally not kitchens because too many people share them, so they don't have an oven).

Unless you have medication that needs to be chilled you can't have a minifridge, also you're not allowed anything that heats food that isn't provided (although this doesn't matter as long as you don't get caught).
    Around 10 for a gyp? That's quite a lot.
    How many cookers and fridges does it have?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vincrows)
    Around 10 for a gyp? That's quite a lot.
    How many cookers and fridges does it have?
    It was 11 in my second year in a different accommodation block.

One 4 ring hob, one fridge.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alow)
    It was 11 in my second year in a different accommodation block.

One 4 ring hob, one fridge.
    Gosh, that will give you fantastic training in negotiation and people skills!
    At a college my daughter was a gyp on the main site accomm for first and second years were share with eight people and it had a cooker like yours and two fridges to share. I've heard similar situation in some other colleges, so I'd been thinking that's a sort of average gyp situation at Cambridge.

Having said that, I've heard the accommodation quality at Homerton in general is quite good.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vincrows)
    Gosh, that will give you fantastic training in negotiation and people skills!
    At a college my daughter was a gyp on the main site accomm for first and second years were share with eight people and it had a cooker like yours and two fridges to share. I've heard similar situation in some other colleges, so I'd been thinking that's a sort of average gyp situation at Cambridge.

Having said that, I've heard the accommodation quality at Homerton in general is quite good.
    Yeah the rooms are better than most but the kitchens aren't great. Thankfully it seems like most people can't be bothered to cooks and just eat ready meals!

I think this year I'm sharing with 6 people in the newer accommodation block which should be much better.

ReputationRep:
    Nice!
    What grades did you get ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    A*AA when I needed A*A*A
    Can't believe I'm still going, hasn't sunk in at all

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alow)
    Lucky you. I think medics at Homerton get to go in the new accommodation which is opening this year.
    Woo! The good news keeps on coming 😝

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Woo! The good news keeps on coming 😝

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'm not 100% certain but that seemed to be what people were saying about it.

ReputationRep:
    I Missed my engineering offer by one grade. Can I apply to same college next year? If I apply how much the conditions of the offer will change? Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Congrats babe :heart:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Serine Soul)
    Congrats babe :heart:
    Thank you!! 💖 and congratulations to you!! I remember you worrying and look at what we've done now 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Serine Soul)
    btw is this sock monkey thing legit? Cus if so I'd like Harambe wearing this tshirt please
    Name:  CLOTUN0051-2.jpg
Views: 340
Size:  116.4 KB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jweo)
    Yup. I got an email from Peterhouse for maths at quarter to 4 offering me a place I'm over the moon. Track still hasn't updated though...
    That's great! Congratulations.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jweo)
    Yup. I got an email from Peterhouse for maths at quarter to 4 offering me a place I'm over the moon. Track still hasn't updated though...
    Congratulations you must be really happy, you deserved it.
    I was rejected from the pool , may I just ask what grades you achieved?
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jkhan9625)
    I Missed my engineering offer by one grade. Can I apply to same college next year? If I apply how much the conditions of the offer will change? Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Theres no point re-applying to any college unless you at least meet the typical requirement and ideally exceed it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Which is the best season?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.