Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

Announcements
  • View Poll Results: What grades are you expecting on results day?
    A*A*A* (A2 only)
    5.80%
    A*A*A (A2 only)
    5.11%
    A*AA (A2 only)
    8.61%
    AAA
    10.88%
    AAB
    14.14%
    ABB
    12.30%
    BBB
    5.44%
    BBC
    6.16%
    BCC
    5.05%
    CCC
    1.75%
    CCD
    4.08%
    A*AB (A2 only)
    4.86%
    A*BB (A2 only)
    1.42%
    ABC
    5.89%
    ACC
    1.48%
    Other
    7.04%

ReputationRep:
    3 weeks or so left and I still haven't even started my EPQ artefact... I think results day nerves are also kicking in now - I have nothing to worry about because what's done is done but there's that little fear of a potential mistake in the marking (but I don't doubt the examiners).

(Original post by Mariochan)
    Biology is the worst!! I thought I was good at it then I was slapped with a C last year. The way they mark is so specific especially edexcel bio what exam board do you do?
    I do AQA, which is probably the worst I'm especially scared about the EMPA, the practical. It is small but it's probably gonna be what brings me down from the grade I need

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheHammeredDog)
    I did AS English Language last year, got D's and E's in every homework essay I did and did zero revision, and got 2 marks off an A in the exam. I don't understand how they mark those things.
    I did AS Language last year and I got 2 marks of an A as well! :rofl: I got an A overall, but I only got a C in this year's coursework and heaven knows what I got in the exam so I'm hoping a B

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by QueenBee98)
    I did EPQ as well! Did you get told your grade before it was sent off though? I was told a rough estimate, but it gets marked a few times by the teachers before it is sent off, so their estimate has to be close.
    I did EPQ too. Got told I had a B, but it was only a mark within the B boundary. I'm happy with a B but worried that it will drop to a C :'(

Posted from TSR Mobile

I did AS English Language last year, got D's and E's in every homework essay I did and did zero revision, and got 2 marks off an A in the exam. I don't understand how they mark those things.
    Lol I was the opposite to that, every homework/assignment was an A, my coursework was practically full marks, then bam, D in LITB1

I remember laughing when I saw it, then crying

ReputationRep:
    I did AS Language last year and I got 2 marks of an A as well! :rofl: I got an A overall, but I only got a C in this year's coursework and heaven knows what I got in the exam so I'm hoping a B
    I dropped it, I couldn't stand English, hence the lack of revision. The only reason I took it was for Law at university, and I realised in the January of that year that Law was not the subject for me.

I did the EPQ but my teacher didn't hint my mark/grade at all :'(

I probs got a C though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nahimjustaworm)
    I did EPQ too. Got told I had a B, but it was only a mark within the B boundary. I'm happy with a B but worried that it will drop to a C :'(

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ah I'm sure you should be fine! The teachers have to mark it at least 2-3 times to get an accurate idea, so if they say that you have a B, chances are, unless it changes, you should have a B. The staff that mark it have to stick to a strict scheme, so their marking should be almost accurate

ReputationRep:
    I dropped it, I couldn't stand English, hence the lack of revision. The only reason I took it was for Law at university, and I realised in the January of that year that Law was not the subject for me.
    Ah I see, some of it does get a bit dull, but it's the better subject of the two for me as regards to knowledge Oh, at least you knew for sure so that you didn't have to continue with a subject that you didn't like for the sake of nothing What do you want to do now?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Serine Soul)
    I did the EPQ but my teacher didn't hint my mark/grade at all :'(

I probs got a C though
    I only got told mine because I kept asking about it! :rofl: I just wanted to make sure that I had done well so I knew what I had to do as regards to how hard I had to push myself for the other subjects! If it aids you, one of my teachers said that it was incredibly difficult to fail EPQ, and that most people get grades C and higher.

I'm sure that you've done really well!

ReputationRep:
    Ah I see, some of it does get a bit dull, but it's the better subject of the two for me as regards to knowledge Oh, at least you knew for sure so that you didn't have to continue with a subject that you didn't like for the sake of nothing What do you want to do now?
    Economics at the University of Birmingham, I doubt I'll be sleeping on results day night while I wait for Track to update. Where are you off to?

ReputationRep:
    Ah I'm sure you should be fine! The teachers have to mark it at least 2-3 times to get an accurate idea, so if they say that you have a B, chances are, unless it changes, you should have a B. The staff that mark it have to stick to a strict scheme, so their marking should be almost accurate
    Hijacking a conversation here but that makes me so happy because I've been told my EPQ was an A* 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    FWIW

UCAS will not make Track live at 6am (or any other time when their call centre isn't open).

Their call centre opens at 7:30am on results day. They say Track will be live at 8am.

https://www.ucas.com/corporate/about-us/contact-us

Don't waste an hour or more refreshing the track login page from 6-7:30am it isn't worth it.

ReputationRep:
    Economics at the University of Birmingham, I doubt I'll be sleeping on results day night while I wait for Track to update. Where are you off to?
    I'm hopefully going to Bishop Grosseteste to do a Primary Education course Oohh that sounds fun! Awh bless you! I've been alright actually so far, I've just told myself that if I don't get in then it's not the end of the world :rofl: I have no clue what I'm going to be doing first - results or track.

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=QueenBee98;66877604]I did EPQ as well! Did you get told your grade before it was sent off though? I was told a rough estimate, but it gets marked a few times by the teachers before it is sent off, so their estimate has to be close.[/QUOTE

My predicted grade was an a* but the teacher refused to tell us what grades she had given us! I'm hoping I don't get a nasty surprise on results day 😭

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KatieAlicexxx)
    Hijacking a conversation here but that makes me so happy because I've been told my EPQ was an A* 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ah that's alright :rofl: :rofl: Ooohhh yay well done! Yeah my teacher was saying that she marked it and then it was marked again by someone else who is VERY experienced with marking this subject and it stayed the same! I got an A, but I was quite surprised as tbh I struggled quite a lot! :rofl:

What did you do your report on?

ReputationRep:
    I wish I could just get my results now...

We have to go pick them up, the car journey is going to kill me. They aren't posted online until 2pm.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Serine Soul)
    Lol I was the opposite to that, every homework/assignment was an A, my coursework was practically full marks, then bam, D in LITB1

I remember laughing when I saw it, then crying
    I was the same! Full marks all year then pulled a C on the exam. I remember being so confident for the exam as well, it makes me even more scared for this year because I need an A but what if what happened last year happens again </3

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=Lularose83;66877916]
    I did EPQ as well! Did you get told your grade before it was sent off though? I was told a rough estimate, but it gets marked a few times by the teachers before it is sent off, so their estimate has to be close.[/QUOTE

My predicted grade was an a* but the teacher refused to tell us what grades she had given us! I'm hoping I don't get a nasty surprise on results day 😭
    I'm sure you won't do You would have done really well! I never got told my predicted grade for EPQ, so I just went with it! I'm expecting a nasty one, but I'm not sure whether I'm going to laugh or cry! :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    Name:  image.jpeg
Views: 495
Size:  72.2 KB

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 7, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Which is the best season?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.