The Manchester United Thread XX

Announcements Posted on

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    MSc Organizational Psychology at Leeds University Business School
    Nice. I shall test your business acumen soon

ReputationRep:
    Mourinho to Rob Beasley about Wenger: "I will find him outside a football pitch one day and I will break his face." (2014)

Wow...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trapking)
    Nice. I shall test your business acumen soon
    Sounds like a proposition to me

And not a healthy one.

Dirtybit thoughts?

ReputationRep:
    Haven't really looked into this book on Jose yet but did have a little look to see if it mentioned him as a contributor which I couldn't find. Also thought the timing was a bit strange, now seemingly a strange time to release it. His Chelsea return, title win, dismissal, or this Xmas being more suitable from a sales perspective.

So I googled the author, and found this. The piece is written in 2012 and basically confirms my suspicions. Its a book written to appeal to a certain type of person, and in that sense the timing is impeccable. As for credibility, it probably will not matter to the readers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zKlown)
    Sounds like a proposition to me

And not a healthy one.

Dirtybit thoughts?
    Trapking will definitely be meeting Luke in Leeds

ReputationRep:
    http://www.skysports.com/football/ne...jamie-redknapp

I agree on the Rooney point. Ibra scores goals tho so can't ask more from him.

ReputationRep:
    BBC posting the weirdest of clickbait articles titled Giggs 'interested in managing Swansea', then you click on it and it just says "Ryan Giggs would be interested in managing Swansea if the club parted company with boss Francesco Guidolin" then the rest is a recap of what Giggs has been doing since leaving Man Utd and Swansea's form.

No actual quotes, no sources.

Half expected it to be about some woman footballer called Shannon Giggs being interested in managing Swansea Ladies.

ReputationRep:
    Journalist who has wrote the new Mourinho book, Rob Beasley, seems the sort of bloke to publish this style of book. Doesn't seem the most nuanced and in-depth work on the manager - surprised there isn't a line on Mourinho talking about buying eggs for his omelettes. You might as well just read the serialisation.

Mourinho handled the press conference skillfully, and as expected. Rooney to play tomorrow

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    Rooney dropped!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aky786UK)
    Mourinho handled the press conference skillfully, and as expected. Rooney to play tomorrow
    Ok

ReputationRep:
    Still don't feel this will solve our Pogba problem at all, because we've just swapped our ten. We're going to be asking a fair bit of Herrera today defensively, and Pogba still has all his defensive duties. Happy to see Blind back in the team, he's kind of a cheat with his passing from defence.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Disgraceful from Mourinho really. Leave out the man he kept as captain, the talisman, the man who is so important for united' commercial purpose-the only thing the club exist for- only because he is incapable of actually coaching teams. LVG got more out of the club with Rooney in it and without zlatan.

Wayne will probably save the day or United will loss.
    Who will mou blame for this loss?

ReputationRep:
    Rooneyyyy dropped omfgfb whvdeqebk cc feqf YAAAS

ReputationRep:
    Ideally Mourinho should've put Carrick or Scneiderlin for Rooney and place Herrera at number 10. Sure, he's not a number 10 by trade, but Herrera is a work horse who will get back and act well within a three midfield, which is what Pogba needs to thrive.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ozzyoscy)
    BBC posting the weirdest of clickbait articles titled Giggs 'interested in managing Swansea', then you click on it and it just says "Ryan Giggs would be interested in managing Swansea if the club parted company with boss Francesco Guidolin" then the rest is a recap of what Giggs has been doing since leaving Man Utd and Swansea's form.

No actual quotes, no sources.

Half expected it to be about some woman footballer called Shannon Giggs being interested in managing Swansea Ladies.
    Probably because Giggs doesn't want to be quoted so that he won't be accused of undermying and unsettling a squad etc. The Beeb probably sourced him out and he okayed it off the record. He's desperate for a gig and we all know the kind of man he is so I wouldn't put it past him. It's all politics.

ReputationRep:
    This is lovely!

ReputationRep:
    Good 10 minutes for the highlight reel here.

Feels like Southampton again. League title confirmed.

ReputationRep:
    Whats happening to Pogba damnn...

where is this coming from :lol:

ReputationRep:
    Rashford has been unusually poor so far.
    Some lovely passes from Pogba though.

Leicester are average at best, nothing like last season.

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 8, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
How are you feeling about doing A-levels?
Football articles

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.