The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Downing and Defoe off. (I think it should have been Rooney taken off, Defoe wasn't that bad.)
Reply 3601
Wtf is with Capellos player selection.

Ok so maybe you want to keep J.Cole and Heskey fit for Croatia. But why the **** not choose A.Young over Downing the first place? A.Young+Walcott would be a great pacey combination for a match like this.

If he was a TSR member i'd neg rep him tbh :colonhash:
48 mins, 1-0 Joe Cole :cool:
The commentator is so clueless.

He said Joe Cole came on for Defoe, and that Rooney will be playing as lone striker.

Then the picture showed Emile Heskey on the pitch.
Reply 3604
J.Cole scores :woo:
JOE COLE!!!!

See? See? See?
This is what happens when Joey plays. See, Capello? See? See? See? See? See? See? See? See? See? See? See? See? See? See?

And name Crouch in the squad next time ffs.
Reply 3607
Epitomessence

England to win 3-0 tonight. Lamps, Joe Cole and someone else to score.

One down.
WoWZa
Is it 1-0?

Might just be.
Reply 3609
Good cross from A.Cole just there. Anyone making a run would have tapped that in.
Reply 3610
The game is no longer interesting to watch now :shifty:
Walcott taking a shot... good to see more confidence from us.
Reply 3612
Terry drills one just past the post.

That would be why he stopped playing as a striker and focused on being a CB :colondollar:
Joey Cole again!
Joe Cole, 2-0.

Now everyone can shhhhaaaadddd aaaaappppp
_MaLc_
One down.

:o: :o: :o:
Reply 3616
Epitomessence
:o: :o: :o:

Sad times :frown:
_MaLc_
Sad times :frown:

I'm more than happy though, I'd rather be wrong and 2-0 up! :yep: :yep:
Reply 3618
<CJ>
Joe Cole, 2-0.

Now everyone can shhhhaaaadddd aaaaappppp

Well said, so much negativity on here, you'd think we need to win 100-0.
lol, what do people expect when we have to play against an 11 man defence all night? A scintillating performance? Sometimes you may bag 6 or 7, on other occasions just the 2 or 3 goals.

It wasn't a competitive affair, therefore it was dull. Games like these always are - this isn't a new experience. We have a few games like these in every competition qualifying campaign. They're ****ing horrible and ugly matches. There's no point building them up into anything otherwise. These games, against ****e like this, are lose-lose affairs. Damned if you only score 2, damned even if you score 6, as you're still only playing part-timers.

Let's remember folks, a huge mo-fo of a bus was parked in front of goal all night. Some of their players may even be bus-drivers but when a bus is parked in front of goal, there's only so much room to get through.

Put things into perspective, bros.

I'm not a believer though. If we beat Croatia, my interest in the national team may increase a little.

Latest