Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    About 12/1ish

ReputationRep:
    We're leaving at 9am...I guess it'll take 3-4 hours...then I'm going for lunch...so er...I'll be there late afternoon

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by katkit)
    Wheee!! In 19 hours I'll be on campus!! (I'm getting there for 10am.)

What time is everyone else getting there?
    I'll be there about 1 or 2pm.

My flat is starting to look very empty! :eek:

ReputationRep:
    About midday on Sunday.

ReputationRep:
    about half 9ish depending on traffic and if my dad gets lost!

I have too much stuff aswell managed to get my whole wardrobe into a small suitcase, I dont have that many clothes lol plus 3 or 4 boxes of stuff!

still have some more to pack

ReputationRep:
    Wow. What time must you be leaving Leeds if you're going to be in Kent by nine o'clock in the morning?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KentWill)
    Wow. What time must you be leaving Leeds if you're going to be in Kent by nine o'clock in the morning?!

about 5ish, according to routemap its about 4 1/2 hours depending on rest breaks and traffic.

i'll be up at 4

my dad hates queing so he wants to beat the "rush" :rolleyes:

we never succeed!

ReputationRep:
    lol, sounds like my dad

ReputationRep:
    Kram, there's no way it takes four hours to go between Leeds and Kent with breaks - it usually takes three and a half hours to go between Preston (which is exactly level with Leeds, but about forty miles to the West) and Oxford, and an hour and fifteen to go between the latter and London. And from there to Kent it must be a good hour.

I think you need to be getting up at about three o'clock at the latest!

Good luck in keeping to the schedule!

ReputationRep:
    is anyone actually going to be left posting as of tommorow on TSR anymore, or will it just be me keft in the kent section lol

do you think you will all continue to use it as much, i have my doubts you all will :cry:

ReputationRep:
    I'm gonna hang around. I do actually really appreciate all the help I got over the last few months on here, and I reckon it'd be nice to pass that on to people coming to us next year and stuff. Plus I want some +ive rep :yep:

ReputationRep:
    I'll use it next year to help the n00bs

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jermaindefoe)
    is anyone actually going to be left posting as of tommorow on TSR anymore, or will it just be me keft in the kent section lol

do you think you will all continue to use it as much, i have my doubts you all will :cry:
    I don't think the regular posters will suddenly abandon this board, as you fear they might. People have built up friendships with each other, which they'll want to continue, presumably. This board is a little corner of the University, not a pre-start of term substitute for it. We'll also still need or want to exchange information with other posters, whether for social reasons or because of any difficulties or queries we may have. Secondly, TSR constitutes a means through which we can feel part of the Kent community when we're in on our own or away from the hubub of the busiest parts of the campus, while furthermore it allows us to to discuss matters pertaining to university with people studying at the same place as us. So I think TSR will have a role to play once we've all moved in; people will still use it as a way of interacting with other talkative Kent students. I do expect some of the less frequent posters, who do not feel part of our group or who only use these boards to find answer to their periodic queries, to disappear, however. Though this forum has a strong following - most of us have either a high post count or a high rate of making posts, or in fact both. I'm confident the Kent TSR board will remain just as busy as ever (it's already busier, as well as friendlier, than the vast majority of other uni's boards.)

Finally, good luck for tomorrow, everyone!

How long are people expecting to spend moving into their rooms, by the way? Will you be fiddling around for a long time or will you just bring in some boxes prior to hitting the pubs of Britain's most southeasterly city?

xxx

ReputationRep:
    Get my key, dump my stuff in my room, go shopping, say bye to mum and dad and then go find people to make friends with!

ReputationRep:
    loool you ain't the only one im moving in on sunday 'cos of work!! so ill be amongst the few that arrive on sunday!

ReputationRep:
    How do you intend to do that?

Just wander around the campus looking to engage people in conversation?

Will you not go into Canterbury at all?

And what do you need to shop for? (I'll need to go into Canterbury to buy a bag when I get there, not sure where from, though. )

ReputationRep:
    I must be one of the only ones who're so organised that they had nothing to rush around for today

I'm going to get to Canterbury for 10 ish tomorrow I think...even if they don't let us into our rooms by midday (which is possible) I can browse a nice bookshop I found nearby

ReputationRep:
    And what do you need to shop for? (I'll need to go into Canterbury to buy a bag when I get there, not sure where from, though. )
    I realise that you weren't speaking to me, but I'm going shopping when I get there to get some groceries (which my parents are getting me )

ReputationRep:
    Kram, there's no way it takes four hours to go between Leeds and Kent with breaks - it usually takes three and a half hours to go between Preston (which is exactly level with Leeds, but about forty miles to the West) and Oxford, and an hour and fifteen to go between the latter and London. And from there to Kent it must be a good hour.

I think you need to be getting up at about three o'clock at the latest!

Good luck in keeping to the schedule!

I agree tbh just AA route map tells me thats how long it should take :rolleyes: no doubt they'll be a river somewhere we have to sail down!

it took me 8 hours on coach with stops to pick people up and an hours wait in London, to arrive in time for my interview! Though it did have to slog through the capitals traffic!

ReputationRep:
    It is possible in about four and a half hours, though whoever's at the wheel would have to drive like a maniac, though lots of men do this quite naturally. Most likely it'll take quite a while, and you'll be frazzled when you get there. Going to sleep in the car at all?

Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.