Depression Society MkII Watch

This discussion is closed.
LegoForEver
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Laus)
Sorry you feel low Lego. You're not a waste of space :no: but I'm sorry you're lonely. I hate it when I feel like that, too.

Yeah, those days do suck. But hopefully tomorrow won't suck. What do you think? Has anything made today particularly nasty? Or are you not sure why you feel so rubbish?

I hope you feel a bit brighter in the morning. :hugs:
just feels like i've wasted another day, not spoken to anyone, not done anything and i'm missing my friends who all now all back at uni

i hope tomorrow is better but i've got the dentist to have a filling :indiff:

anyways thanks , i'm gona get some sleep
Laus
Badges: 13
Report 10 years ago
How do you feel today lego?

-----

I'm feeling ******. I'm coming off my meds at the mo and it's really hard. The doctors don't know what they're talking about half of the time, I swear.
jonathan122
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Laus)

-----

I'm feeling ******. I'm coming off my meds at the mo and it's really hard. The doctors don't know what they're talking about half of the time, I swear.
:hugs:
raspberrybubbles
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Laus)

-----

:hugs: I hope once they're reduced things get better
Planto
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Laus)

-----

That's the problem with this sort of illness. I think I've got a form of anxiety disorder, maybe social anxiety, maybe with a few traits of Asperger's. But because it's not clear-cut, I'm not far-gone enough for it to be blatantly obvious, I have up-days and down-days, and the very "overcomplicating" nature of my problem, it's extremely difficult to figure out what's a genuine physiological problem, what's stress-induced, what's just part of my personality and what is simply a dilemma.

Because of this it's extremely hard to pinpoint what's relevant to tell the doctors. You have to self-diagnose and that's going to lead to everything you say being related to said diagnosis. If you simply detail your thoughts, they're not going to have enough of a context (since they don't spectate over your life) to determine what is rational and what may be an illness.

And when it comes to self-diagnosis, it's impossible to draw realistic conclusions because there's no frame of reference. How do I know how my thoughts and moods compare to those of others? The anxiety tests the NHS issues compare the present to the past. But what if I've always been anxious? I'll come out as normal because I'm not feeling particularly worse now than I have previously, which is what the questions ask.

Then, of course, you know how the results of your answers are going to be interpreted, so this affects your answers. Particularly as for certain questions, you'll assume an underlying meaning and answer to that meaning, even if the answer isn't true directly to the question. Then comes the problem that certain personality types will do this more than others, so the results are subject to invalidation anyway.

It's an extremely difficult area to get a clear answer in.

I'm taking antidepressants. Am I depressed? Sometimes. Am I anxious? Yes. Do I have a disorder? I have no idea. It seems to be fairly subjective anyway. You can't scan for depression like you can scan for cancer, so how do you solve a problem you can't diagnose? Trial and error. But the trials take so long and half the time you can't tell whether it's working or not. If I feel happy, maybe it's the drugs. Maybe it's the counselling. Maybe it's my changing outlook. Or maybe I'm just having a good day.
LegoForEver
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Laus)

-----

i'm feeling better today, just been keeping myself busy doing stuff :yep: although im having to eat weirdly thanks to the dentist :shifty:

hope you feel better soon :hugs:
vapid slut magician
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Laus)
I don't know. Someone said they don't think it's the right place for me. At least, not until I have 'sorted things out'. But who knows how long that will take. I don't want to be a burden on anyone. I'm just going to have to prove that I'm fully capable of taking care of myself. :hugs: How are you?
balls to that. if no one did anything until they sorted out their problems we'd all be sat at home. i think part of getting 'better' is sorting out your problems as you go, rather than kind of hiding by going home or never moving forward. if you never confront things you can never move past them.

sorry hun, id type more but its tiring bashing the keyboard with my left hand!

xxxxx
YAP
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by vapid slut magician)
sorry hun, id type more but its tiring bashing the keyboard with my left hand!
Gymnastics injury again? My wife injured her neck yesterday trampolining, thankfully not too badly, from over-rotating a three-quarters back somersault to front landing.
vapid slut magician
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by YAP)
Gymnastics injury again? My wife injured her neck yesterday trampolining, thankfully not too badly, from over-rotating a three-quarters back somersault to front landing.
nope, packing up a trampoline, everyone else let go leaving it to slam my wrist backwards in it. broke my radius.
gooner1991
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Thanks for your advice on my ucas thing btw.
How is everyone today?
I've had a good day for the first time in a long time.
raspberrybubbles
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Ag. :cry:
I seriously don't know what to do.
jonathan122
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by raspberrybubbles)
Ag. :cry:
I seriously don't know what to do.

What's up?
raspberrybubbles
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Everything. Workload, uni life, myself, I can't make decisions, I make rubbish food. What's the point of everything. I want to curl up in my bed, at home with my duvet and pillow, but my duvet and pillow's gotta stay here, and I don't know. Just having one of those days. I jinxed it earlier when I wrote an email to someone, and I said I was less suicidal. Like ****. Oh well.

How're you?
LegoForEver
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
aww i know how you feel :hugs:

just look to the good things in life, what you enjoy and what you like doing. i know life's **** sometimes but tomorrow's another day and you never know what will happen
raspberrybubbles
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by LegoForEver)
aww i know how you feel :hugs:

just look to the good things in life, what you enjoy and what you like doing. i know life's **** sometimes but tomorrow's another day and you never know what will happen
I'm trying to concentrate on good but my energy is like dead!
LegoForEver
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
i was
hmmm how about watch something that will make you laugh? i find laughter a good medicine oh and smiling is good too
upturnedpalms
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Ughhhhhh.
Planto
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Yeah, feeling really ****** today. I missed my meds because I've run out and not had chance to go to the docs for another prescription (upping to 20mg tablets instead of 2x10). Does anyone know if missing a day of Citalopram is likely to have much of an effect?

On top of this I skipped my counselling session because I was too tired to hang around for it. Now regretting that as I have to wait another week for a session.

And I'm living with my aunt at the moment and I'm increasingly getting the feeling that my uncle doesn't like me being around, which doesn't do much to help my recent state of mind
jonathan122
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by upturnedpalms)
Ughhhhhh.
raspberrybubbles
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by LegoForEver)
i was
hmmm how about watch something that will make you laugh? i find laughter a good medicine oh and smiling is good too
I went to the wedding which was a good laugh. I could go to karaoke now if I wanted but meh, I dunno...
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (236)
39.14%
No - but I will (41)
6.8%
No - I don't want to (45)
7.46%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (281)
46.6%

Watched Threads