AspiringGenius
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Pandora.)
Helen
Datsh tha won!

I think it'll be between her and Tom. Melody is out of touch, Suzy is immature, Jim is manipulative and Natasha was the weak link in that last task. She doesn't compare to Jim and Helen.
LouLou92
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by History-Student)
That ****ing role play was appalling.

----------

I didn't know they filmed the post-firing taxi scenes the same day as the first episode.
I was cringing all the way through the role play! Why?! I sometimes wonder how a group of 'professionals' come up with some of the things they do!
solo443
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
they dnt shoot the taxi scenes in the first episode... ill give u an example... when the engineer got fired, lord sugar actually said the engineer thing and he mentioned it in the taxi as well.... dnt trust wiki.. it might be wrong or outdated....
History-Student
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by tehFrance)
Wikipedia but it does explain the odd difference.

(Who negged me above? :confused:)
Accoding to the same article they also filmed two endings; one with each person winning. Then he gave them both a job for a few months between the end of filming & the penultimate episode, before Big Al telling them which one actually got the job before the final episode.

(Original post by solo443)
they dnt shoot the taxi scenes in the first episode... ill give u an example... when the engineer got fired, lord sugar actually said the engineer thing and he mentioned it in the taxi as well.... dnt trust wiki.. it might be wrong or outdated....
No they film the walk from the building to the taxi & it driving off. The interviews are after the episode itself.
Mess.
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I think they might mean them walking in to the taxi or something :dontknow:

It would be a bit hard to film the interview bit in advance. That would be ridiculous.
jonnythemoose
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
the taxi interview is filmed after the firing (obviously), but the candidates leaving the building and getting into the taxi after having been fired is actually filmed on the first day.
TheSownRose
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by AspiringGenius)
I don't know the name of her, but I like the lady who has won every task. She must be quite good, she's broken quite a few records in that boardroom, or shall we say, out of it...
Helen.

I liked her in the beginning, but she seems to have become very up her own backside; a lot of her winning streak is due to luck, not actually her.
AspiringGenius
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by TheSownRose)
Helen.

I liked her in the beginning, but she seems to have become very up her own backside; a lot of her winning streak is due to luck, not actually her.
Yeah, I suppose when it comes to it, she really has a 1/2 chance of winning every week and what business skill she does have, pushes this up.

I don't think shell win, tho. Normally the most likely candidate and the most arrogant will not win.

So that's Helen, Jim and Melody out lol!
TheSownRose
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Yeah, I suppose when it comes to it, she really has a 1/2 chance of winning every week and what business skill she does have, pushes this up.

I don't think shell win, tho. Normally the most likely candidate and the most arrogant will not win.

So that's Helen, Jim and Melody out lol!
First week: Helen did nothing but complain that they didn't have enough of their products ... but didn't do anything about getting more of it.

Second week: She did one of the recordings for the app, then nothing.

Third week: She sourced a couple of the items, but didn't make any of the negotiations.

Fourth week: She did some spray tans, but did also support the 'Susan has to take responsibility camp' which was good.

Fifth week: She mocked Glenn's decisions about CatSize, behaved like a child during the cat auditions and recorded some singing.

Sixth week: Admittedly she won as PM, but her idea (we'll take it for free) seems to me to be one of those 'do it and then, when it goes well, claim that was the plan all along' ideas.

Seventh week: Helen kept on trying to raise the tone, but ultimately they won without the tone raised, so who knows? :dontknow: Can't recall much else this week.

Eighth week: She did well in the pitch and secured the sales for the seat-backpack, so she did quite well here.

Ninth week: As PM, she dismissed the ultimately very valid concerns of Natasha which nearly cost them and they were only saved by hypnotic Jim.

When you look at it, she hasn't really done that much and her nine wins largely seem to be incidental - she had the luck to keep on being changed to the winning team.

Looking at past episodes, I think Tom has run his course. I like him very much and it would be nice to believe he could win, but he just doesn't seem at all cut out for this sort of role. He's probably very good at what he already does and, IMO, would be best to just stick to it.

I've actually started to see the potential in Natasha - she's become a less sympathetic Susan, as in she's brash and crude so doesn't get people drooling over her and feeling sorry for her. But she actually makes a lot of sense and I think we could see surprising things from her...

Jim and Melody are evil, they'll be found out and chucked out.
AspiringGenius
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
First week: Helen did nothing but complain that they didn't have enough of their products ... but didn't do anything about getting more of it.

Second week: She did one of the recordings for the app, then nothing.

Third week: She sourced a couple of the items, but didn't make any of the negotiations.

Fourth week: She did some spray tans, but did also support the 'Susan has to take responsibility camp' which was good.

Fifth week: She mocked Glenn's decisions about CatSize, behaved like a child during the cat auditions and recorded some singing.

Sixth week: Admittedly she won as PM, but her idea (we'll take it for free) seems to me to be one of those 'do it and then, when it goes well, claim that was the plan all along' ideas.

Seventh week: Helen kept on trying to raise the tone, but ultimately they won without the tone raised, so who knows? :dontknow: Can't recall much else this week.

Eighth week: She did well in the pitch and secured the sales for the seat-backpack, so she did quite well here.

Ninth week: As PM, she dismissed the ultimately very valid concerns of Natasha which nearly cost them and they were only saved by hypnotic Jim.

When you look at it, she hasn't really done that much and her nine wins largely seem to be incidental - she had the luck to keep on being changed to the winning team.

Looking at past episodes, I think Tom has run his course. I like him very much and it would be nice to believe he could win, but he just doesn't seem at all cut out for this sort of role. He's probably very good at what he already does and, IMO, would be best to just stick to it.

I've actually started to see the potential in Natasha - she's become a less sympathetic Susan, as in she's brash and crude so doesn't get people drooling over her and feeling sorry for her. But she actually makes a lot of sense and I think we could see surprising things from her...

Jim and Melody are evil, they'll be found out and chucked out.
I agree to an extent, although she has a style with it, that melody simply doesn't have.

Melody *growls* I found her "dalai lama" speech quite comical but wanted to strangle her for distorting the market research in Paris. It was annoying because Nick or Karen wasn't with her and the only person ore sent was Leon who couldn't speak a word of French so she was free to change the views of the French people to whatever suited her.

Then in the boardroom, no one has a clue she changed it so the blame gets out elsewhere! Luckily, this showed how out fo touch she is and how she knows very little about user markets and what people want so to say.
TheSownRose
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I agree to an extent, although she has a style with it, that melody simply doesn't have.

Melody *growls* I found her "dalai lama" speech quite comical but wanted to strangle her for distorting the market research in Paris. It was annoying because Nick or Karen wasn't with her and the only person ore sent was Leon who couldn't speak a word of French so she was free to change the views of the French people to whatever suited her.

Then in the boardroom, no one has a clue she changed it so the blame gets out elsewhere! Luckily, this showed how out fo touch she is and how she knows very little about user markets and what people want so to say.
That she does. I like Helen as a person, but I think she's mainly been saved because she hasn't been in the boardroom. If she'd been on the losing, she would have probably gone around week four or five because was doing nothing.

What I found even more infuriating about Melody and her market research is she was happy to believe six people in a Metro station, but then when the market research didn't support her (or she couldn't mistranslate it) it wasn't conducted properly, didn't actually represent people. :dontknow:
AspiringGenius
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
That she does. I like Helen as a person, but I think she's mainly been saved because she hasn't been in the boardroom. If she'd been on the losing, she would have probably gone around week four or five because was doing nothing.

What I found even more infuriating about Melody and her market research is she was happy to believe six people in a Metro station, but then when the market research didn't support her (or she couldn't mistranslate it) it wasn't conducted properly, didn't actually represent people. :dontknow:
It was conducted in a metro anyway! They should expect the results to be biased!

They didn't need research to know cars were used a LOT in Paris, as Lord Alan pointed out.

I honestly don't know this year. Noone seems to be standout
TheSownRose
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
It was conducted in a metro anyway! They should expect the results to be biased!

They didn't need research to know cars were used a LOT in Paris, as Lord Alan pointed out.

I honestly don't know this year. Noone seems to be standout
That's the thing: they don't. They've all had their moments, but in general they all seem very mediocre. I just don't really care who wins.
AspiringGenius
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
That's the thing: they don't. They've all had their moments, but in general they all seem very mediocre. I just don't really care who wins.
I really want Ruth Badger to walk into the room and show them who deserves to win.
TheSownRose
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I really want Ruth Badger to walk into the room and show them who deserves to win.
That was series ... two? I didn't watch it back then; what was so great about her?

I keep on hoping they'll have The Brand on the You're Fired panel one week.
jontylol
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
That was series ... two? I didn't watch it back then; what was so great about her?

That would make my life. Have you seen his radio times video blog thing?
AspiringGenius
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago

Haha, Stuart Brand. Miss his stupidity!

At least he had personality.

Ruth Badger was quite ruthless and was very good at the tasks. She lost. The final because the other one, Michelle, I believe, pulled a sob story about how she worked four jobs at once etc etc.

She would have wiped the floor with this years candidates and none fo their sob stories would be able to do anything about it.
TheSownRose
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by jontylol)
That would make my life. Have you seen his radio times video blog thing?
I've seen something he writes, but not a video blog. Is it good?

I think the big reason we won't is he didn't exactly part on good terms with Sugar and therefore the Apprentice team.

Haha, Stuart Brand. Miss his stupidity!

At least he had personality.

Ruth Badger was quite ruthless and was very good at the tasks. She lost. The final because the other one, Michelle, I believe, pulled a sob story about how she worked four jobs at once etc etc.

She would have wiped the floor with this years candidates and none fo their sob stories would be able to do anything about it.
He was great. I'm still hoping to hear it was all a joke and Stella didn't really win.

I don't know, I think cancer twice before the age of twenty might have done something... All credit to Zoe, though, she didn't use it up once during her stint and she didn't even bring it up on You're Fired.
jontylol
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I've seen something he writes, but not a video blog. Is it good?

I think the big reason we won't is he didn't exactly part on good terms with Sugar and therefore the Apprentice team.

He was great. I'm still hoping to hear it was all a joke and Stella didn't really win.

I don't know, I think cancer twice before the age of twenty might have done something... All credit to Zoe, though, she didn't use it up once during her stint and she didn't even bring it up on You're Fired.
Some of its funny. But he's a bit up himself D:

Awww i know, i like zoe. She said she didn't mention it in the interviews and stuff because she didn't want her to be judged on it :3
vn2009
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Glad Zoe went. She was one of the most annoying apprentice contestants ever.

Thought Tom didn't deserve to go so good for him. Though he needs to step up in future. Next time he's in the board room I think he will be fired.

Although melody can be annoying at times, she did mention about having a target market and that was key so she deserved to stay
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (61)
37.2%
No - but I will (6)
3.66%
No - I don't want to (10)
6.1%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (87)
53.05%

Watched Threads