The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Molly_xox
The use of 'we' makes me think you're a Midlander too :wink: Hi-Five!

Midlands for the win:horse:, but forget about the East Midlands. The West is all that matters.
Reply 3621
Original post by Red Fox
That comment was about the northeners:biggrin:

Oh really?:colone: posh and snobby but not naive!
Original post by elixirs
Oh really?:colone: posh and snobby but not naive!

Personally I'd rather be posh than permanently have something stuck in my throat.
Reply 3623
Original post by techno836
hahaha well that's advanced planning :lol:

Sure is pal:tongue:
Original post by zed963
Have you done any work experience or volunteering for medicine?

hmmm no medical work experience yet ..but I have 3 months voluntary in a primary school working with SEN children :smile: and I have 8 months voluntary at a care home :smile: (8 months today actually :lol: )
Original post by NinjaPandaa
you still did so good though! and plus you have time to resit them still :hugs:

Reply 3626
Original post by Red Fox
Personally I'd rather be posh than permanently have something stuck in my throat.

The throat comment, why oh why am I finding this more funny that it is?:rolleyes:
Original post by elixirs
Sure is pal:tongue:

haha well i'm sure it will be very thorough lass :P
Original post by elixirs
The throat comment, why oh why am I finding this more funny that it is?:rolleyes:

I couldn't think of a decent comparison:lol:
Original post by techno836
you should !! reading might take a while (they're big books) but watching them is only 10 hours a season :smile: and it's so totally worth it :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Maths chemistry Biology and physics :smile: you ?

Hahaha, yeah I've seen the books. They're huge! Aren't there like 10 or something?

I shall get started with Game of Thrones tonight :biggrin: This will definitely distract me from results day :eek:

I'm doing Maths, Chemistry and Biology like you, but instead of Physics, I'm doing French :smile:

How are you feeling about next week?
What is everyone doing courses wise for A-Level?
I'm doing:
Biology,
French,
Geography,
PE

Bit of an odd combination, but I want to work in the Police Force or in Veterinary so trying to keep my options open. I think I'm going to regret applying for French? It's one of my strongest subjects, but then I don't excel in any of them either so...
Original post by overthelove
Hahaha, yeah I've seen the books. They're huge! Aren't there like 10 or something?

I shall get started with Game of Thrones tonight :biggrin: This will definitely distract me from results day :eek:

I'm doing Maths, Chemistry and Biology like you, but instead of Physics, I'm doing French :smile:

I think there are 9 at the minute ? and the next one is being written :smile: OMG yes please do ..be sure to tell me once you've finished the first episode :colone:

ahh that's good :biggrin: what you hoping to apply for ? Medicine? :rolleyes:

and i'm feeling fairly confident at the moment :smile: that'll change in due time though :s-smilie:
Original post by Red Fox
Midlands for the win:horse:, but forget about the East Midlands. The West is all that matters.

INDEED :lol: haha, didn't want to say anything in case you were an East Midlander :P
Original post by Arva
A*A*A*A :awesome:

4 A*s :colone:

One-upmanship ftw!
Original post by BeccaFrost
What is everyone doing courses wise for A-Level?
I'm doing:
Biology,
French,
Geography,
PE

Bit of an odd combination, but I want to work in the Police Force or in Veterinary so trying to keep my options open. I think I'm going to regret applying for French? It's one of my strongest subjects, but then I don't excel in any of them either so...

I'm doing an odd combination too:

Maths;
History;
Economics;
Product Design.

I feel I'm quite good at Product Design but it's the one that will probably put some universities off me. But I'm still not entirely sure whether I want to do something with design (most likely Product Design or Industrial Design) or whether I want to do something like Law or Politics which is where the other three (Maths fits both though) come in.
Reply 3635
Original post by overthelove

Obviously nervous.

Sent from my iPhone
Original post by letthesunshine
I did do an OCR one.... I think it was called Graphic Products :smile: It was a pretty weird paper from what I remember (had a random question about a colour wheel on), and we had to do a sustainability one in January too.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Woooh!:biggrin: mine was called Graphic Poducts aswell!i did both papers:frown: so im guessing u did the techincal aspects paper?nd what did u get for ur sustainable paper?:smile:
Reply 3637
Original post by PythianLegume
4 A*s :colone:

One-upmanship ftw!

3A*s 1A

Sent from my iPhone
Reply 3638
Original post by Red Fox
I couldn't think of a decent comparison:lol:

:p:p:tongue:
Original post by L'Evil Fish
Never expecting a grade again :lol:

Grade boundaries aren't very useful because you can't predict your raw mark... I was around 20 marks off over all my A Level exams today :mmm:

C4 I got right
C3 I was 7 marks off
C2 I was 7 marks off
S1 I was 4 marks off

(all in the wrong direction:colonhash:)

HY1 I was 7 marks off again...

So 25 marks away from my predictions:tongue:

Moral. Don't get set on a grade until you get them :smile:

Well done. Your achievement is even more impressive when considering your age. How long did it take you to complete each module? I'm starting now and I estimate that it will take me around 30 hours per module. Is that vastly off? I know that the time varies from person to person, but a rough estimate would be beneficial.

Thanks in advance.

Latest