Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by General Maximus)
    What time did you get your e-mail regarding the waiting list? They might have sent e-mails according to ranking on the list...
    15:34, is that good or bad?!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Matthew150)
    15:34, is that good or bad?!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Not sure! I got mine 11.16 AM

How about everyone else? What times did they receive their emails?

ReputationRep:
    Not sure! I got mine 11.16 AM

How about everyone else? What times did they receive their emails?
    15.35 here

ReputationRep:
    What time did you get your e-mail regarding the waiting list? They might have sent e-mails according to ranking on the list...
    15.37on the 2nd of April.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Physicsrules23)
    15.35 here
    Which date did you get it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Samarpanam)
    Which date did you get it?
    April 2nd

ReputationRep:
    Hi I'm not sure if it's relevant to post this here but do Barts accept international qualifications for medicine?
    I want to apply for the 2015 entry and my country wasn't listed on their entry requirements section so I emailed them asking about requirements for my country but they replied with links to their website again so I'm back to square one :rolleyes:

(Original post by oscartales)
      Hi I'm not sure if it's relevant to post this here but do Barts accept international qualifications for medicine?
      I want to apply for the 2015 entry and my country wasn't listed on their entry requirements section so I emailed them asking about requirements for my country but they replied with links to their website again so I'm back to square one :rolleyes:
      They do from a range of places but obviously it's going to depend on the country.
      Best thing to do, definitely give them a ring. That is a very important question that I personally would want triple confirmed before applying. The staff are very friendly though and should be able to direct you easily enough

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by PG593)
      They do from a range of places but obviously it's going to depend on the country.
      Best thing to do, definitely give them a ring. That is a very important question that I personally would want triple confirmed before applying. The staff are very friendly though and should be able to direct you easily enough
      Oh thank you I will definitely give them a call It's a pity they don't specify these things in their emails but I'm guessing they probably have thousands of these emails so it would be very painful to write an individual reply to all of them

ReputationRep:
      Help!

I've been wait listed but just want to know,
      Should I still apply for student finance for barts a100 ?

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Samarpanam)
      15.37on the 2nd of April.
      My was 2nd April 11:16 am

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by aliuk)
      My was 2nd April 11:16 am
      So far it seems there were two batches of e-mails; one at 11:16 and one at 15:35. Nothing is clear yet but I suggest you keep at eye on the FOI request Matthew sent; which can be located here: https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/reque...ncoming-501564

ReputationRep:
      Dawson vs Floyer? Your Thoughts?

I'm leaning toward Dawson because of the gym and laundry services as well as the rec room provided. It's medics only but whatever, so is Floyer.
      Location wise, Floyer would be better since you're closer to lectures etc but in my opinion, In my opinion, Dawson has the better location for nightlife and is better connected with more train lines etc. I don't think Dawson is too far away from lectures as 200 med students seem to be fine doing it daily.

ReputationRep:
      So far it seems there were two batches of e-mails; one at 11:16 and one at 15:35. Nothing is clear yet but I suggest you keep at eye on the FOI request Matthew sent; which can be located here: https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/reque...ncoming-501564
      Ah! You found my cheeky little request!

ReputationRep:
      Ah! You found my cheeky little request!
      Yes, I noticed the name Matthew and I figured it was you. When you hear back let us know Matt.

By the way, how did you go about requesting your rank via the data protection act?

ReputationRep:
      Yes, I noticed the name Matthew and I figured it was you. When you hear back let us know Matt.

By the way, how did you go about requesting your rank via the data protection act?
      Will do mate.

I sent their data processing guy an email requesting my score and rank, he confirmed receipt and asked for £10 and a scan of ID, sent both, and still waiting to hear.

ReputationRep:
      Will do mate.

I sent their data processing guy an email requesting my score and rank, he confirmed receipt and asked for £10 and a scan of ID, sent both, and still waiting to hear.
      That is just so silly by them. If they say we can't give your rank due to 'policy' but in reality you can ask for it from the data protection act - just lies.

I'll do the same as you once you've had some news - we can also analyse ranks and make a comment on the timing we've received the waiting list e-mail (as I was 11am and you 1pm batch).

ReputationRep:
      That is just so silly by them. If they say we can't give your rank due to 'policy' but in reality you can ask for it from the data protection act - just lies.

I'll do the same as you once you've had some news - we can also analyse ranks and make a comment on the timing we've received the waiting list e-mail (as I was 11am and you 1pm batch).
      I know... pretty frustrating. It'll be interesting if they do provide the rank, but I think they have to by law.
      Also, it would be a little cheeky to take my £10 and then not give me what I'm after.

Good idea, I'll post when I know.
      That's a good point, once we know one rank, it'll help work the others out.

ReputationRep:
      Maybe those at 11:16 were grads applying to A100, and those at 15:35 were school-leavers applying to A100? Just a wild guess based on the fact I read that you were a grad applying for A100 and you got yours at 11 and me and other school leavers got ours at 15:35. Could be completely wrong but maybe?

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Physicsrules23)
      Maybe those at 11:16 were grads applying to A100, and those at 15:35 were school-leavers applying to A100? Just a wild guess based on the fact I read that you were a grad applying for A100 and you got yours at 11 and me and other school leavers got ours at 15:35. Could be completely wrong but maybe?
      Could even be UCAS number! You are right, we are not quite sure yet. It will be great for Matt to get his ranking number and we could all follow his way and find out ourselves. Let's see how it goes, hopefully it's good news for the majority of us.

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.