Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Official Vacation Scheme Thread 2015!!! Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jingojango)
    Have u heard from them? I applied to Manchester office about 3 weeks ago.
    Likewise, I applied for Manchester too and have heard nothing!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Equity'sDude)
    I had a TC assessment centre at TLT last year, feel free to PM if you want any info!
    Thank you so much!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sian.)
    Anyone heard from squires post app?

(Original post by BellaAngelini)
    Nothing yet

(Original post by baz0)
    No, nothing yet as well, but someone did post around a week ago saying they've had a phone call about an AC but it seems no one else has yet.
    Expect a response "within the next week"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MoondanceAntique)
    Was thinking about doing the same. I received some offers but was putting them on hold since I wanted to see if Linklaters would take me. The wait is killing me!
    I don't want to email to ask because I feel like their standard response to that is a PFO then again with the time it's taking, am probably on the maybe or PFO list anyway...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KatieRosePicknel)
    I accepted an offer a few weeks ago now but was able to change my dates. Although this was before I had signed and returned the paperwork. I'm sure if you email explaining they may be able to accommodate you.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Okay, thanks for the advice!
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    If you have offers, I would contact them just to ask for an update.

If you end up turning down offers you hold because you get an offer from them later down the line, could result in a wasted space. Firms are unlikely to be able to fill the place you leave, so basically you are stopping someone else from having that opportunity. Surely no one wants that?

Also reminding them you are a strong candidate with offers on the table, might just prompt them to make a decision. Either way you are not going to lose out...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Defragmentation)
    Just had a look, think I'm gonna have to end up spending the vast majority of my payment on rent
    I've stayed at Queen Mary University halls of residence in Mile End before now. Five minute walk from the Tube, pretty reasonable, free breakfast and you can book really easily through HostelWorld.

ReputationRep:
    anyone still waiting to hear back from herbert smith freehills?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SchemeProwl2015)
    anyone still waiting to hear back from herbert smith freehills?
    Yep, completed the online tests a few weeks ago now too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sg7402a)
    I'd say practise in front of the camera before you start.
    (Original post by ULawAJ)
    Who with?
    Some general tips:

• Make sure you dress appropriately and formally.
    • Make sure you're in well-lit surroundings and that what you can see on screen is something you'd be happy for an employer to see (I did mine against a blank wall)
    • Have a glass of water handy in case you get nervous dry mouth, there are normally some breaks you can have a swig in
    • Make sure you look at the webcam/camera, and not at the very distracting image of yourself, otherwise it looks like you aren't making eye contact
    • Prepare well, do your research (obviously)

Thanks very much!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TooOldForTC)
    Interviews for Bristows (video interview) and RPC this week - any tips from those who have already done them?
    Well done! May I ask when you applied to RPC, when you completed the test and when they invited you to interview? Thanks very much!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leumas9)
    Hey, has anybody had a Gateley telephone interview who can share some advice? This will be my first phone interview so I'm a bit nervous! Thank you
    When is your interview? Mine's tomorrow. I've heard you need to know the firm inside and out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jingojango)
    When is your interview? Mine's tomorrow. I've heard you need to know the firm inside and out.
    At 3pm! I'm a bit nervous about it. I know the firm fairly well but I wouldn't say inside and out!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leumas9)
    At 3pm! I'm a bit nervous about it. I know the firm fairly well but I wouldn't say inside and out!
    I'm sure you will be fine, good luck Please let me know how it goes, I did some telephone interviews last year which were primarily competency based but not for Gateley. Fingers crossed for you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by red31)
    Yep, completed the online tests a few weeks ago now too.
    I know they are interviewing already, which makes the chances even slimmer for the rest of us who are still waiting for a reply

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Skkkkk)
    MAYER BROWN offer WOOP
    congrats ! Still haven't heard back post-interview, almost three weeks ago. How did they contact you? Email or phone?

ReputationRep:
    still nothing from IM, Boodle, Orrick (open day), Hill Dickinson (though I've written that app off now!)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Leenz)
    Has anyone heard from Ropes & Gray?
    I have a phone interview with them on Wednesday. Didn't get the call till Friday evening though !

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone received an offer/rejection from White & Case post video interview?

ReputationRep:
    No updates from RPC or Taylor Wessing yet, anyone heard from either since applying?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.