Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JamjamjamT)
    I think no news is better than a rejection, no?
    Yeah hopefully

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BillyECON)
    I am an offer holder for Bsc Economics and hope to go this September!

I got 5 A*'s and 5 A's at GCSE

Four A's in Maths, Economics, Physics and Theatre Studies (I know it's a poor subject) in AS!

However, I did the full Further Maths course this year! Leaving me with 5 AS's and A levels in Further Maths, Maths, Physics and Economics! (Hopefully I get the Grades)

I need an A* in maths, A's in Physics and Economics, and an E in Further Maths!

If you're desperate to get into LSE: Get some stand out work experience; Further maths AS I would say is a must (although LSE are reluctant to admit it), and make your personal statement world class.

From personal experience UMS is not an issue! However, I'm presuming they would want 4 A's at AS for a course as competitive as BSc Economics, Maths/Econ etc.

Hope this helps

I have just read this and OMG! I thought I would never be able to even apply next year... I have 5a*'s and 6a's at GCSE, and am predicted 4A's in AS at the moment in Maths, Further, Literature and History. Is this okay?
    Also what work experience can I do that's useful and relevant??
    Your advice will be invaluble!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    I also applied for management late november but haven't received the 4 week email! Should I be worried?

ReputationRep:
    I've applied to management as well, submitted application on 15th Jan. 2 weeks into my 8 week email now.

ReputationRep:
    What are your chances if you get the 4 week email?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scho123)
    Offer for Accounting and Finance
    What are ur stats? And how long have u been waiting?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    So do I, hope that we'll hear sth. next week!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Any offers for Social Policy or Social policy and economic ? And when did U apply?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Flippi1)
    Yep I got that yesterday ... Not really sure it's going to make any bearing on decisions ? I am lucky enough to have got my offer in January good luck to everyone waiting its offer Thursday today I beleive !
    Would U mind telling me UR grade, R U an international student? And did U study alevel or IB?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KATIEHIDDLESTON)
    Would U mind telling me UR grade, R U an international student? And did U study alevel or IB?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I am classed as mature over 21 I have 4 a levels A*A*AA I am a domestic student .... Good luck if you are still waiting I applied in October as per the Oxbridge deadline

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Priyayi)
    Hey everyone, I received an offer to study Politics and International Relations!

my predicted grades are:

HL English A Language and Literature: 7

HL History: 7

HL Business and Management: 6

SL Language B: 7

Math Studies: 5

Biology: 5

Anyone else got an offer for politics and international relations?

I applied for the same program too with also IB predicted grades as well!!!
    Congrats on your offer I'm still waiting for mine (I applied Jan 15th)
    when'd you apply?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GraceYim)
    I applied for the same program too with also IB predicted grades as well!!!
    Congrats on your offer I'm still waiting for mine (I applied Jan 15th)
    when'd you apply?
    I applied on October 15th . I hope you get an offer! What are your IB grades if you don't mind me asking?

ReputationRep:
    I am from India, did my Under graduation in Business management from Anglia Ruskin Uni Cambridge- First Class.
    I received offer for Msc Human Resources and Organisations (HRM stream).

Anyone else for HRM?

ReputationRep:
    I got in for philosophy and economics!!!! Anyone else on that course?

ReputationRep:
    Do you think I could get onto the straight Econ course with further maths to only AS?

Mucho stress any replies appreciated

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    How good is the Government and Economics course at LSE? I Have an offer but I am unsure. The general consensus where i live is that LSE is world leading in econ (ie Harvard/Cambridge-quality ) and one level level under for everything else.

I am not really familiar with the system. The govt and eco course is joint-honours, meaning i take 50% econ and 50% govt classes. Can this be compared to a double-major in the US? I plan to do a masters in econ after I finish (at Harvard or MIT hopefully), will the course have enough economics content to allow me to go into straight econ postgraduate?

Also how highly regarded is the govt and econ course at LSE? Should I pick it over say, Columbia Uni in NYC (an ivy League, but no Harvard standard) where I would be majoring in straight econ.

I plan to work in the developing world (Africa or Asia) if the helps at all. Preferably I would like to get recruited by a TNC like JPM and transferred.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maham96)
    I got in for philosophy and economics!!!! Anyone else on that course?
    Me I can't decide whether I should choose phil and econ or Oxford PPE though, are you in the same boat?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dorothyperkin)
    I have just read this and OMG! I thought I would never be able to even apply next year... I have 5a*'s and 6a's at GCSE, and am predicted 4A's in AS at the moment in Maths, Further, Literature and History. Is this okay?
    Also what work experience can I do that's useful and relevant??
    Your advice will be invaluble!!!!!!
    You are waaay good to apply man. Your GCSE grades are no *that* important. As long as you have mostly A's and A*'s then you tick a box.

Are you a home or international? (I am an international - from India)

Now, A* predictions are what really matter. If you can get 1/2 A* predictions then you will be a really strong candidate. Bear in mind though that LSE econ requires an A* in math, so if you dont get that your chances will be greatly reduced.

Your PS has to be outstanding it goes without saying. They want to see that you know what you are planning to study. I will say however, that I explicitly said that I wanted to Study History and Economics in my PS (Oxford was my first Choice) and LSE still gave me an offer. Write eloquently and convey a passion for the social sciences and you are fine.

Work Ex. I had 3 different work exs, all <1 month. I worked at HSBC as an intern (didnt really do much, embellished alot on my ps) - that was really relevant. I also worked in two law firms (suits made me want to be a lawyer for a while) - not so relevant, but i managed to fit them into my PS on the role of law in finance and econ.

Please, please feel free to PM me if you need any advice on what to do to apply to LSE. I wish I had seen this thread last year - it would have saved me mad stress.

Sorry for the essay - I hope it helps!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by babubabu)
    rejected for straight econ, reason was ps not as competitive.
    when did you apply and what grades did you have?

ReputationRep:
    Work Ex. I had 3 different work exs, all <1 month. I worked at HSBC as an intern (didnt really do much, embellished alot on my ps) - that was really relevant. I also worked in two law firms (suits made me want to be a lawyer for a while) - not so relevant, but i managed to fit them into my PS on the role of law in finance and econ.
    Hey! I'm from India too!
    How did you manage to get the work experience ? Was it in India or abroad ? I've always thought Indian firms aren't too pleased to hire people, even for internships, before the penultimate year of their degree?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.