Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Meenglishnogood)
    the ' decision of the Palestinian people' if we accept the process for a second was to have fatah and hamas involved - it was the islamists (hamas) after the battle of gaza, that got rid of fatah and took military control of gaza
    . again the reason why the blockage was started fyi - which egypt also copied
    The actions of a democratic party are supposed to reflect their principles.

You do not attempt a coup of the government if you stand for democracy.

It's just their bad luck that HAMAS was able to pre-empt their coup...

ReputationRep:
    I bet Israel would get the blame for their own civilians dying if they didn't have shelters.

ReputationRep:
    Hamas knows the death of Palestinians will do more damage to Israel than its rockets.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DiddyDec)
    I think both sides need to step back and actually deal with the situation without violence. Once a cease fire is in place the higher ups can at least start negotiating deals.

It is in the best interest of Israel to end the fighting because it is a PR nightmare. And obviously it is the same for Gaza, they are lost thousands of innocents.

There seems to be too many people just siding with one or the other out of principal. No matter what acts each side do, they will not change their view. Both sides are as bad as each other really.
    I agree with your first two paragraphs 100%, on your third, I feel that Hamas has a lot of blame that it needs to take on its shoulders, but I feel that Israel has gone far over the top. Israel is aware that it cannot have a prolonged war due to international pressure, so as a consequence have to do all of their shelling in a relatively short period of time, so they create as it has been claimed by someone in their government to be "the last war on Gaza." I think this is the reason so many civilians have died, they just don't have the time to do things properly.

I agree with the sentiment of what you said though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pinzgauer)
    Propaganda
    Comparing a "State" to cities? How "twisted"...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Falcatas)
    Israel wouldn't need to exist if it humanity could be trusted not to attempt genocide.
    Then get your pound of flesh (i.e: land for a secure state) from the Germans who inflicted atrocities upon you.

Why go to Palestine and uproot the indigenous inhabitants?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bertstare)
    I've mentioned that Hamas is anything but perfect. I'm doing exactly what you're doing, which is assessing which side is the lesser of two evils, or more importantly which side is the aggressor and which side is forced to defend it's territory. I'm not Muslim or affiliated with the region in any way
    Do you also view ISIS and Boko Haram as "anything but perfect"

Just how does one become so morally bankrupt, as to describe an internationally proscribed terrorist group that blows up buses, restaurants and kids - as "anything but perfect"

As if they simply need to make some minor changes in their outlook :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alfissti)
    You do realize this current campaign is costing Israel LOTS of money right? Seen how Greece has come to ruin due to debt? Been to Spain lately?

Each time an Iron Dome is put to action for a single rocket intercept US$40k goes up in smoke.

You can call Israel anything but them doing nothing is just not an option.
    I really hope that you are a pro Palestine troll who is deliberately caricaturing, because if those are your genuinely held views, you really are a disgusting human being.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DiddyDec)
    I don't know the authenticity of this piece of scripture or the context. But it does seem to be antisemitic.

Could someone explain this to me.
    First explain how you think it is "anti-Semitic"...

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, because it's pro-Israeli supporters that are rampaging across Europe burning cars, smashing shop windows and assaulting police. :rolleyes:
    Why would people rampage and burn things to promote the views that their government already have?!

Try harder 4/10, I expect better next time.

ReputationRep:
    Just how does one become so morally bankrupt, as to describe an internationally proscribed terrorist group that blows up buses, restaurants and kids - as "anything but perfect"
    http://instagram.com/shakyjalala

Lol strong troll

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Snagprophet)
    I bet Israel would get the blame for their own civilians dying if they didn't have shelters.
    And that's what the anti-Israel bigots excel at.

Blame the Jewish state whatever the eventuality.

They build shelters - so people are blaming them for protecting their citizens too well. Not enough are dying you see. They want more parity in casualty figures.

If Israel haden't built shelters, we'd be hearing - "oh how despicable to allow their citizens to be killed this way without providing them shelter. Shame on Israel."

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bertstare)
    http://instagram.com/shakyjalala

Lol strong troll
    bertstare's views on....

Nazis - "Not perfect by any means"

Hezbollah - "Not for me, but I can see the attraction"

Hamas - "anything but perfect"

Boko Haram - "could be better"

ISIS - "I just think they're not that nice"

ReputationRep:
    bertstare's views on....

Nazis - "Not perfect by any means"

Hezbollah - "Not for me, but I can see the attraction"

Hamas - "anything but perfect"

Boko Haram - "could be better"

ISIS - "I just think they're not that nice"
    Lol most obvious fake Zionist troll I've ever seen

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Huskaris)
    You're making yourself look ridiculous, I am showing that I don't have an axe to grind. All you have done on TSR (and everyone please feel free to look through this users stats) is comment on threads to do with the Israel/Palestine conflict, supporting Israel. You are not a genuine member of The Student Room, you are a pro Israeli extremist.

And yet whilst being as "extreme" as I am, I haven't burned cars, thrown rocks as police, smashed shop windows, attacked religious institutions, spat in people's faces or chanted racist abuse.

All of which pro-palestinians have been doing in their tens of thousands across Europe

ReputationRep:
    [/b]

And yet whilst being as "extreme" as I am, I haven't burned cars, thrown rocks as police, smashed shop windows, attacked religious institutions, spat in people's faces or chanted racist abuse.

All of which pro-palestinians have been doing in their tens of thousands across Europe
    Ok then fair enough, answer me this then. What would a pro-israeli actually have to demonstrate about?

Also, I work 100 metres away from the Israeli embassy in Kensington, and I have seen tens of thousands of people protest, peacefully, and alongside Jews. You are not referring to British Pro-Palestinians such as the ones you would find on the student room, you are a shill whose ammo is constructed of straw man arguments.

You offer unconditional dogmatic support for Israel, I do not do the same for the Palestinians, you are an extremist, I am not.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Unkempt_One)
    It's pretty much undeniable at this point that Israel is not deliberately bombing schools.

:yawn: Sorry couldn't be bothered to read beyond this, but rest assured that i'm certain to have heard it all before countless times. It's pretty much undeniable at this point that Israel are not acting within international law.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Huskaris)
    Ok then fair enough, answer me this then. What would a pro-israeli actually have to demonstrate about?
    100 years of palestinian terrorism. 3 abducted and murdered boys. 13 years of rocket attacks.

Million of Israelis in bomb shelters unable to live a normal life?

You offer unconditional dogmatic support for Israel, I do not do the same for the Palestinians, you are an extremist, I am not.
    You're one of the biggest shills on here. You attempt to cover your pro-palestinain bias with pretence of neutrality.

I find that rather sneaky. A bit like using tunnels to kill people.

ReputationRep:
    100 years of palestinian terrorism. 3 abducted and murdered boys. 13 years of rocket attacks.

Million of Israelis in bomb shelters unable to live a normal life?

You're one of the biggest shills on here. You attempt to cover your pro-palestinain bias with pretence of neutrality.

I find that rather sneaky. A bit like using tunnels to kill people.
    I think you are overstating the danger faced by Israelis. I've known of a few people who've been there (recently) and they said most of Israel barely notice a war is even going on. The majority of Hamas rockets are like "fireworks". That doesn't mean that what Hamas doing is any less wrong but the actual effect on daily life is minimal at best compared to what Israel is doing to Gaza.

edit: Additionally, it was never proved that those 3 abducted boys were actually abducted by Hamas. And even if they were it was most likely by a group acting independently of central directive as Hamas have already come out and denied it vigorously. Which is not surprising considering how much an incident like that would affect their relationship with leadership in the West Bank. The Hamas rocket fire only restarted after that failed Israeli "Brother's Keeper" operation where 200 Hamas operatives were arrested and 5 killed.

ReputationRep:
    Chris Gunness, UNRWA spokesman, breaks down in interview with Al Jazeera.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qm4WT3z1K9c

Well, at least he had some tears... which most of the rulers of the nations as well as some TSR members didn't have- no disrespect!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 8, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.