Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    that moment you get 29% in a paper the day before the exam

ReputationRep:
    can anyone help me out with the differences between reproductive an non-reproductive cloning?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cinderella25)
    Just in case I have revised for it and now I am hoping it will come up haha.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    same

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by molly788)
    can anyone help me out with the differences between reproductive an non-reproductive cloning?
    reproductive cloning is to make whole organisms
    so includes nuclear transfer (dolly the sheep) and splitting embryos (in vitro fertilisation of the best egg and sperm from the parents with the desired traits then implanting them into surrogates once they have grown into an embryo)

Non-reproductive
    making tissues and organs to replace faulty ones/ damaged

hope this helps

ReputationRep:
    I am cramming this exam in a day.. will post results this August -,-

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jae578)
    I am cramming this exam in a day.. will post results this August -,-
    same

doing the same for physics the day after... did I mention me going to uni depends on these exams.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by apps123)
    reproductive cloning is to make whole organisms
    so includes nuclear transfer (dolly the sheep) and splitting embryos (in vitro fertilisation of the best egg and sperm from the parents with the desired traits then implanting them into surrogates once they have grown into an embryo)

Non-reproductive
    making tissues and organs to replace faulty ones/ damaged

hope this helps
    thank you so much!!

ReputationRep:
    has anyone done a list of all the big markers from all the past papers e.g. protein synthesis and stuff

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by invictus212)
    Revising F215 in a day ... Impossible ???
    I'm glad I'm not the only one. I underestimated how much content there is! 😭😭😭

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by THEMathlete)
    I'm glad I'm not the only one. I underestimated how much content there is! 😭😭😭

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Dont forget you have to know f211, f212 and f214 as well cos da paper is synoptic fam

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Prince edmund)
    Dont forget you have to know f211, f212 and f214 as well cos da paper is synoptic fam

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Lmao, dont make us feel even more depressed haha

ReputationRep:
    i cant do 80% of the questions on the past papers... **** :/

ReputationRep:
    I get A's in past papers but guarantee I'll be getting like 5 ums marks tomorrow

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by baymax96)
    that moment you get 29% in a paper the day before the exam
    (Original post by GianluigiBuffon)
    i cant do 80% of the questions on the past papers... **** :/
    Name:  i know that feel bro.jpg
Views: 69
Size:  83.4 KB

ReputationRep:
    i can get all the other questions right but i can never get this right, i cant see where i am going wrong. can someone explain this to me?

Two pure breeding strains of snapdragon, a garden plant, were obtained. Onestrain had red flowers and the other had white flowers. The two strains werecrossed yielding F1 plants all with pink flowers. The F1 were then interbred toproduce F2 plants with the following colours:

red 62
    pink 131
    white 67

The following hypothesis was proposed:Flower colour is controlled by a single gene with two codominant alleles.
    (b) Complete the genetic diagram to explain this cross.

Use the following symbols to represent the alleles:Cr= red, Cw= white

Parental phenotypes: red flowers x white flowers

Parental genotypes: ................................ .... ................................ ........

Gametes: ................................ .... ................................ ........

F1 genotypes: ................................ ................................ ................................ .

.F1 phenotypes: ................................ ................................ ................................

Gametes: ................................ ................................ ................................ ........

F2 genotypes: ................................ ................................ ................................ ..

F2 phenotypes: ................................ ................................ ................................

Expected F2 phenotypic ratio:.......................... ................................ ...............

ReputationRep:
    http://us22.chatzy.com/94903706046868 Guys join us on this chat if you want to do some revision and help each other

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cinderella25)
    i can get all the other questions right but i can never get this right, i cant see where i am going wrong. can someone explain this to me?

Two pure breeding strains of snapdragon, a garden plant, were obtained. Onestrain had red flowers and the other had white flowers. The two strains werecrossed yielding F1 plants all with pink flowers. The F1 were then interbred toproduce F2 plants with the following colours:

red 62
    pink 131
    white 67

The following hypothesis was proposed:Flower colour is controlled by a single gene with two codominant alleles.
    (b) Complete the genetic diagram to explain this cross.

Use the following symbols to represent the alleles:Cr= red, Cw= white

Parental phenotypes: red flowers x white flowers

Parental genotypes: ................................ .... ................................ ........

Gametes: ................................ .... ................................ ........

F1 genotypes: ................................ ................................ ................................ .

.F1 phenotypes: ................................ ................................ ................................

Gametes: ................................ ................................ ................................ ........

F2 genotypes: ................................ ................................ ................................ ..

F2 phenotypes: ................................ ................................ ................................

Expected F2 phenotypic ratio:.......................... ................................ ...............
    which paper is this from again?

ReputationRep:
    Don't know any of f215 and need to revise for my business exam tomorrow as well. Shiiiiiiiiitttttttt ..... business is more important but I cant afford to flop bio, got a B grade and potentially an A on the line

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Prince edmund)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Fam, I got AS sh!t covered yh

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    the jan 2012 paper was so hard and its 68 for an A like wtf

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.