Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pete_91)
    Personally, I want Wenger to go and manage France, you never know maybe he'll win the big one while he's at it.
    Doubt it, he'll start a midget over Pogba and Giroud over Benzema

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kenan and Kel)
    Doubt it, he'll start a midget over Pogba and Giroud over Benzema
    He's also not really a cup manager. Tactical nous and all that...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ¯\_(ツ)_/¯)
    Lol wenger has taken us as far as he can. No doubt he's been our greatest but nothing lasts forever. Also he can't go to another club because the power he has will be nowhere near to what he has with us.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    The difference between Fergie and Wenger is clear, Fergie made some awful decisions towards the end in the hope of going out with a bang, it's quite clear that Wenger is trying to put the resources in place so that his successor is in the best position possible to succeed.

I certainly hope he gets another top job even for only one or 2 years because he deserves it tbh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leinad2012)
    The difference between Fergie and Wenger is clear, Fergie made some awful decisions towards the end in the hope of going out with a bang, it's quite clear that Wenger is trying to put the resources in place so that his successor is in the best position possible to succeed.

I certainly hope he gets another top job even for only one or 2 years because he deserves it tbh
    Fergie was the better manager for sure. He was bad at making signings though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    Wenger IS the club. He has been for 20 years, you may as well rename your stadium the WengerDome because he's the only reason it exists. Him and SAF are the last of their kind, we will never see anyone else like them again.

There are numerous players in your squad who only joined purely because of Wenger, I remember when Ozil joined reading an article about how Wenger personally phoned him and spent hours talking to him, outlining his vision for Arsenal etc. A different manager coming in will be a huge culture shock, no matter how experienced he is.
    Well said. A lot of people don't seem to understand the effect a manager can have on a club.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samba)
    Fergie was the better manager for sure. He was bad at making signings though.
    His signings towards the end were suspect, £15mil for Zaha, £25mil for RVP (sure he played a part in his first season but has been appalling since) inb4 RVP scores and celebrates and against us on Monday

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WeOnlyLiveOnce)
    Imagine this in a decade or so:

Chelsea managed by Terry
    Arsenal managed by Henry
    United managed by Giggs
    Liverpool managed by Gerrard

Would be epic to see but i still dont rate any of them to go on and be elite managers. Bar maybe Terry, who managed his team to a CL trophy (dont rate Di Mateo).

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Tottenham managed by Defoe..... bruh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    Reserve reserved
    yeah reserved

ReputationRep:
    His signings towards the end were suspect, £15mil for Zaha, £25mil for RVP (sure he played a part in his first season but has been appalling since) inb4 RVP scores and celebrates and against us on Monday
    Injured

ReputationRep:
    Not just towards the end. He made so many bad signings all the way through.

I do think though that if you'd have given him any squad in the top6 or so, he'd have won the PL
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    The £24m was worth it purely for #20.

Our signings ever since 2008 have been absolutely terrible and a lot of that is down to him. Makes my blood boil seeing how much money & wages he pissed up the wall whilst completely neglecting key positions. United in Fergie's last few years was just a retirement home/old boys club and i'm glad Van Gaal is finally clearing out the trash.
    • Arsenal FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    Arsenal FC Supporter
    (Original post by AliRizzo)
    Injured
    Blessing in disguise for them tbh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lyrical Prodigy)
    Blessing in disguise for them tbh
    I would agree to a certain extent but he always puts in 150% against us. Hasn't failed to score against us at OT so far too so to hell with him

ReputationRep:
    Reservations for 1

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    Lol you and Kruz should meet up.
    We probably inadvertently walked passed each other during the first Carnage in Liverpool lol

(Original post by fallen_acorns)
    x
    I'm getting the 17:22 train from Lime street, it's set to arrive at 18:09 in Manchester Pic.

Mate, keep on saving up for the house. It's all about short term suffering for long term gains. Sacrifice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sevchenko)
    We probably inadvertently walked passed each other during the first Carnage in Liverpool lol

I'm getting the 17:22 train from Lime street, it's set to arrive at 18:09 in Manchester Pic.

Mate, keep on saving up for the house. It's all about short term suffering for long term gains. Sacrifice.
    Looks like you'll be getting on one of the Thameslink cast-offs

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samba)
    Not just towards the end. He made so many bad signings all the way through.

I do think though that if you'd have given him any squad in the top6 or so, he'd have won the PL
    When you look at the players he had, it's quite amazing how easily they walked the league in 2013, that team had a fair few weak areas iirc. Completely agree, you could give him ****ing Aston Villa and he'd probably get them CL football within a season or two

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    The £24m was worth it purely for #20.

Our signings ever since 2008 have been absolutely terrible and a lot of that is down to him. Makes my blood boil seeing how much money & wages he pissed up the wall whilst completely neglecting key positions. United in Fergie's last few years was just a retirement home/old boys club and i'm glad Van Gaal is finally clearing out the trash.
    Nah, you probably would have won it without him tbh, Fergie was such a snake, wasn't there an RVP interview a few weeks/months back where he said that Fergie had promised to stay for 3 seasons when he joined. Worst off is Zaha, probably thought he was going to be Fergie's star man only for him to leave before he'd even played a game for you.

LVG may be clearing out the trash but a lot of what he has bought hasn't been spectacular. Players like Nani make me laugh "one man's trash is another man's come up"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shawn_o1)
    Looks like you'll be getting on one of the Thameslink cast-offs
    Yeah the TransPennine Express trains carriages are kinda grim. You can say goodbye to whatever you had on a table unless it's nailed down when the train turns slightly

ReputationRep:
    Fergie was a ridiculously overrated manager. He just made some good signings before Chelsea & Man City got rich that's all.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: May 12, 2015
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.