Mental Health Support Society XVIII

Announcements Posted on
How helpful is our apprenticeship zone? Have your say with our short survey 02-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chelseadagg3r)
    I've taken 5 days off this year so far, all for the same illness. It's not great, I know, but it couldn't be helped. This is being backed up by a doctor. I had a serious chest infection and two asthma attacks as a result of complications from a cold I caught at college, and even ended up in hospital. That's not my fault, right? My tutor took me aside today to ask me if I really thought I'd be able to manage the course because of my illness (CFS/ME and FM). I was feeling really good about filling in my UCAS forms today less than an hour earlier, and now I'm doubting myself all over again. I've been doing so much better already and he isn't seeing that. We're not even at half term yet. I've tried so hard and I've put so much in, and no one's even realising. There's people in my class without legitimate reason that have been off for the same amount of days or more than me, and they aren't being asked to reconsider. I feel like I'm letting people down
    I hate stuff like this. My school was the same, and trying to kick me out of classes when the only lessons I'd missed were where i'd physically been in hospital. You're not letting anyone down though- do what you need to do and your health is a priority, and if possible prove them wrong!

(Original post by Ezme39)
    I've got glandular fever, which isn't really that infectious unless your in really close proximity, and my housemate has mouthed off that I shouldn't be in communal areas of the house. Naturally this has set off feelings of being lonely/ unwanted... and I'm going to go to a hotel tomorrow night because I can't deal with it
    (Original post by ~Tara~)
    Therapist having to pass on info I shared in therapy to safeguarding team 🙁

I hate that I knew the boundaries of what I could talk about without triggering this and when I dissociated, I went way beyond them. Now my life will implode 🙁🙁
    :hugs: you guys

Pathway, am around if talking would help?

Hope everyone else is doing as well as possible

ReputationRep:
    Starting to really panic about the interview tomorrow. I'm so worried that if i don't get it I'll be stuck doing the job i'm currently doing and hating it.

ReputationRep:
    Essay work was going well until my head pain increased. :/

ReputationRep:
    So I googled my CCO who I'm meeting tomorrow and she's an OT.

Does anyone have an experience with this? All of my CCO's from the last 4 years have been CPNs so would be interested to hear from you guys *

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by furryface12)
    I hate stuff like this. My school was the same, and trying to kick me out of classes when the only lessons I'd missed were where i'd physically been in hospital. You're not letting anyone down though- do what you need to do and your health is a priority, and if possible prove them wrong!

:hugs: you guys

Pathway, am around if talking would help?

Hope everyone else is doing as well as possible
    Thank you. :hugs: How are you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malevolent)
    Starting to really panic about the interview tomorrow. I'm so worried that if i don't get it I'll be stuck doing the job i'm currently doing and hating it.
    Good luck mate, sure you won't need it though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wilfred Little)
    Good luck mate, sure you won't need it though.
    Thank you man, long time no speak! I'll need all the luck and good juju in the world.

ReputationRep:
    :grouphugs: for anyone who needs them :grouphugs:

Potentially last therapy appointment today. Finding out today whether I get any more sessions or not :hide:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by furryface12)
    Thanks, I needed that :hugs: I went out and finished the work I'd missed yesterday, so I only have a bit of catching up to do. He already knows I'm waiting on an SpLD assessment and I'm struggling with my essays because I need help, so hopefully everything comes through soon

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malevolent)
    Good luck! You have nothing to lose by trying, and there will always be other jobs you can apply for. You'll be okay

(Original post by Pathway)
    Thank you. :hugs: How are you?
    :hugs: struggling I guess but trying to keep going. Don't really know what's going on any more but that's maybe for the best. Who knows

(Original post by chelseadagg3r)
    Thanks, I needed that :hugs: I went out and finished the work I'd missed yesterday, so I only have a bit of catching up to do. He already knows I'm waiting on an SpLD assessment and I'm struggling with my essays because I need help, so hopefully everything comes through soon
    Well done! Hope the assessment comes soon and something useful comes out of it, that sort of stuff can make a huge difference. Essays are horrible, never been able to do them

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spock's Socks)
    Thank you so much for your input your points have really helped me out when putting together the thread for Friday :hugs:

Sorry to hear how you have been feeling with your meds are you on a new medication or a stronger dose?
    No worries! Glad I could help

Still on the citalopram but for the last week or so I've been ridiculously out of it. I missed a train last week even though I was on the platform, I just sat there as the train stopped then went off! It wasn't until about a minute later I realised what had happened. I've also become ridiculously forgetful - so much so I can't really read books or anything because I forget what I've just read. I definitely felt a bit zoned out to begin with but it seems the longer I've been on it the worse I've been even though all the other side effects have subsided.

Luckily I had a doctor's appointment yesterday. I basically said I can't go on like this as I've become a complete vegetable - the only things I seem to be able do now is stare at a TV screen or sleep and he agreed. Plus, it hasn't done anything for the mood or the OCD really yet and he said I should have noticed something by now. I'm coming off the citalopram and then being put on sertraline.

I'm just so sick of it all. Medication does nothing but screw me up - either it sends me loopy or turns me into a vegetable, I hate meds :cry:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Noodlzzz)
    So I googled my CCO who I'm meeting tomorrow and she's an OT.

Does anyone have an experience with this? All of my CCO's from the last 4 years have been CPNs so would be interested to hear from you guys *
    When I was under the EIT, my key worker was an OT. I think the main difference I noticed between her and when I had a CPN was that she didn't really know about specific side effects of meds as much - which is weird because she worked for the EIT. :confused: Like I'd text her and would always get the response that she'll ask the psychiatrist; whereas the CPN seemed to know a fair bit more. Never really did anything related to OT with her, mostly we just went for banana milkshakes at McDonald's.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sabertooth)
    When I was under the EIT, my key worker was an OT. I think the main difference I noticed between her and when I had a CPN was that she didn't really know about specific side effects of meds as much - which is weird because she worked for the EIT. :confused: Like I'd text her and would always get the response that she'll ask the psychiatrist; whereas the CPN seemed to know a fair bit more. Never really did anything related to OT with her, mostly we just went for banana milkshakes at McDonald's.
    Haha McDonald's milkshakes sounds good!

I'm hoping she's more focused on recovery and getting me doing well at university being an OT than meds (I've stopped taking the fluoxetine by myself and want to stop the amisulpride at some point too) than past CPNs.

How is uni going?*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Noodlzzz)
    Haha McDonald's milkshakes sounds good!

I'm hoping she's more focused on recovery and getting me doing well at university being an OT than meds (I've stopped taking the fluoxetine by myself and want to stop the amisulpride at some point too) than past CPNs.

How is uni going?*
    Yeah, I agree she might be more that way inclined because of her background. Are you still under the EIT?

Uni isn't going well. Got a test in 2 hours which I've been attempting to study for without much luck.

ReputationRep:
    Hope this doesn't come across as gloating, because I don't mean it like that - just wanna share with you all because you've been so supportive and encouraging:

Am getting 12 more therapy sessions minimum :eek: :king1:

Maybe I can actually get better

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd)
    Hope this doesn't come across as gloating, because I don't mean it like that - just wanna share with you all because you've been so supportive and encouraging:

PRSOM

That's great news! All the best with your sessions :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sabertooth)
    Yeah, I agree she might be more that way inclined because of her background. Are you still under the EIT?

Uni isn't going well. Got a test in 2 hours which I've been attempting to study for without much luck.
    CMHT for the past year 1 1/2 now as I was with EIS for 3 years (although may be going back to work there as an assistant psychologist, we shall see if I get an interview)

Sorry to hear that Saber *

ReputationRep:
    I saw my GP again. Had a breakdown. Cried, laughed, cried some more and then had a panic attack. Been referred to Psychiatrist, put on a waiting list for CBT and been prescribed Sertraline and Valium. What a day.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd)

That's really, really great TLG. :five: Hope they're able to help you.

ReputationRep:
    Haven't been here for a while. Met my new pychiatrist she's a junior doctor so can't change my medication without talking to my old pychiatrist. What was the point of leaving my old pychiatrist who I dislike for her junior doctor who has no power. Anyway she seems nice but she said I should see it from the doctors perspective in treating me. When really she should be putting herself in the patients perspective. Anyway she said she will see if I can go on aripripazole since clopixol has the worst side effects of any medication. My new care coordinator is nice she listens and wants me to go to the gym with her but I'm so self conscious but I might go to the museum with her just to get out of the house.

Hope everyone is doing well. 😊

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 5, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
Would you rather have...?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.